Author Topic: Holo Yoda?  (Read 22012 times)

SilverZ

Re: Holo Yoda?
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2005, 10:11 PM »
That's great news. My plan is to order 1 when it goes up and not sweat the need to get one asap in the middle of Midnight Moronicness. I can bend all my will towards getting 2 of the stupid Target things.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2005, 11:18 AM »
This just in from today's TRU Press Release:

Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith Holographic Yoda Figure from Hasbro

Jedi Master Yoda, a close friend of the Wookiees, travels to their homeworld of Kashyyyk to help personally spearhead the Republic defense of that planet. While there, the revered Jedi sends a holographic transmission to the Jedi Council to discuss recent ominous events. The Holographic Yoda figure features unique translucent styling and is available only at Toys "R" Us beginning April 10 as a gift with a Hasbro Star Wars purchase of $25 or more. Not sold separately. While supplies last. No batteries required. Ages 4 and up.

No need to go to midnight madness I guess if they won't even have Holo Yoda yet...  >:(

Jeff
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 11:19 AM by Nataku »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2005, 11:23 AM »
What?!?!? available April 10th?

Now this completely throws all of my plans into disarray. Do I go to TRU hoping that the date is a blunder in the release or do I just wait it out at Target?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2005, 11:24 AM »
 :o ::)

Are stores actively trying to kill the line?  Doesn't anyone grasp the point here?  
Hey, get here by 6:30 to get your Vader but you can only have one and there's only a few per store.  Sheesh.  

Oh yeah, come to midnight madness to buy stuff that will be on sale in two months for half the price and by the way, we won't have our exclusive at this time.  

Well, we have an exclusive too, but we're not going to tell you what it is.  Neener, neener, neener.  

Is this a Hasbro action plan, or are these idiots doing it on their own? :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2005, 11:26 AM »
Oh man that is a total relief, I should be able to get that on-line now instead of having to worry about it at TRU that night.  Hmm, this means I may buy nothing at TRU at all that night and may just wait for the morning for Target or Wal-Mart depending on the coupon status

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2005, 11:34 AM »
I think they ARE trying to kill the line - I think they PLAN on making the die-hard collectors frustrated on the 2nd - that can be the ONLY reason for all of this bull**** going on!

Let's look at it all...

1) TRU has the exclusive Yoda which is why MANY people would be going to Midnight Madness at their stores, but now they claim the figure won't be in the stores until April 10th - that is just STUPID. Whoever is responsible for that timing should just flat out be fired from TRU.

2) WalMart has an "Early Bird" kit that no one is able to report on what it is exactly - so it is either a huge turd or something that is going to take everyone by surprise and piss off a lot of people who aren't able to grab one -- the only comfort here is the $30 price tag. But my bet is that its garbage, otherwise we'd be hearing hype about it already. For example: if it was a kit containing four SA Clone Commandos as a tie-in to the new video game (and by some off-chance they appear in the movie), collectors would be STOKED to get this set and if I was WalMart I would be screaming the news that this existed from the highest of mountain-tops to make sure my store was THE PLACE to be come April 2nd.

3) Target is having the Nazi party handle the distribution of their exclusive Darth Vader figure, but reports have come in that there will be other exclusives as well in the form of cups and the micro stuff. While the micro stuff doesn't interest me personally, the fact that there will be more cups w/figures to go with the rest of the already established set of five has me concerned since we haven't seen a single picture yet.

oh, and one more for good measure...

4) KB Toys is re-releasing the VOTC Chewbacca 13" figure with a new paint job and new EP3 packaging when we just got this exact same figure not even a year ago - real original guys!

All-in-all this is just going to turn out to be one VERY frustrating weekend.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2005, 11:52 AM »
Well, while it sucks, tha April 10 makes sense for TRU.  Regardless of an exclusive, I'll spend a bundle at TRU  at MM.  Now, with Yoda hitting April 10, I HAVE TO go back to TRU and sepnd 25 bucks.  It's really quite genius.  Well, I'll save a ship or two for April 10!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2005, 11:56 AM »
Well, while it sucks, tha April 10 makes sense for TRU.  Regardless of an exclusive, I'll spend a bundle at TRU  at MM.  Now, with Yoda hitting April 10, I HAVE TO go back to TRU and sepnd 25 bucks.  It's really quite genius.  Well, I'll save a ship or two for April 10!

On paper it is - but there are loop-holes. I'll just save some of my receipts from April 2nd from TRU and then when I find the Holo Yoda, I'll buy what I need to get the item and then I'll use my receipts from April 2nd to return that merchandise.

It's a dirty trick, but I'm not going to wait until April 2nd to buy stuff HOPING that (a) product will still be there and (b) the product that is there will be in good shape.

Since they are doing it like this, I partly believe that like the previous Silver figures, you will be able to buy the Holo Yoda for $9.99 and save yourself the hassle of the $25 of merchandise.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 11:57 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2005, 12:33 PM »
Man that sucks, whats the point then. I dont get what Hasbro is doing. This is just a huge mess.

Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2005, 02:14 PM »
I tend to agree with the frustrated folks.  I am not that bothered about the Toys R Us exclusive even if they move it back to the 10th.  I am sure most of us can think of another reason to drop $25 on some kind of merchandise they want.  Then get a free figure.  Sucks if you can't make it on the 10th though. 

The Target and WM exclusives are just being executed in a tremendously stupid way.  As for Kay-Bee's Chewy I don't have a Kay-Bee near me any longer after their closings.  I forgot about them but I don't like that 12 inch figure regardless. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2005, 03:12 PM »
And to complete the set, here's the Hasbro update on TRU:

April 2nd at TRU

Nothing that wasn't in the press release earlier today, but they do confirm the April 10th date for Holo Yoda, NOT Midnight Madness.

Jeff
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 03:13 PM by Nataku »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2005, 03:25 PM »
You know - I'm starting to consider skipping TRU - if I get a coupon for $1 off each figure, that may seal the deal (so to speak) - I'd much rather take my chances with Target and grab all my stuff there after I've picked up the Lava Vader - if I line up at Target right when they close at 10PM the night before, I'm bound to be the first person in line...
Peter

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2005, 05:53 PM »
I'm actually slightly relieved that it's not until the 10th -- one less thing to worry about on the 2nd. Besides, I'll have no problem finding something else to drop $25 on.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2005, 09:37 PM »
I actually would prefer they have it on 4/2, since by a week later I will have committed all my MM funds to taking advantage of the cheaper prices at Target and WM. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2005, 11:18 PM »
I would prefer MM as well, it annoys me i have to spend another 25.00 to get it.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"