Author Topic: ROTS variation/error thread  (Read 73358 times)

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS variation/error thread
« Reply #195 on: January 22, 2006, 11:19 AM »
Anybody notice the variation on the 501st with more battle damage on the leg? Kinda cheesy, it's literally 1 more line of black paint. You would think that the 5 - 7 year olds that Hasbro pays .25 per hour to paint these figures would have good eyesight at such a young age and not make so many damn mistakes.

i agree..doesnt count as a solid "variant" in my collecting book  :P

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 15, 2006, 09:25 AM »
So I've had the error Bly sitting here basically bringing up the rear in my little Star Corp squad, thinking of him as lieutenant or Bly's second in command or something. I sill haven't decided whether to cut the binocs off or otherwise alter him. I popped ROTS in the player yesterday to get a look at the group, but couldn't really see anything we haven't seen in the pic from the official site. I am reminded that some of them have their pauldrons on the opposite shoulder, though... ??? Anyone have that clone issue of the Insider? Does it go into any detail about Star Corp ranking? What's with the opposite-facing pauldrons? Any details anyone can shed on the group? I'd like some ideas on what I might do with this guy.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 27, 2006, 09:49 AM »
There is an error with ROTS action figure #1 Obi-Wan Kenobi - Slashing Attack.  His lightsaber hilt is correct but apparently the ignited lightsaber is the wrong one.  It's the one from TPM and AOTC.  The same with the Mustafar duel Obi-Wan and the others in which this figure was released.  The ignited lightsaber should have been the one from ROTS and ANH.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #198 on: March 27, 2006, 02:25 PM »
Hey it happens.  Hasbro can never get lightsabers right.  Oh well, trouble for the variation hunters.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 3, 2006, 01:25 AM »
Although I don't have this figure at all or maybe not yet, maybe a good variant for the 501st legion clone trooper might be having one version with a blaster and a variant with a rifle