Author Topic: Midnight Madness Experiences! Share!  (Read 34686 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Midnight Madness Experiences! Share!
« Reply #45 on: April 3, 2005, 12:17 PM »
Awwww!  ;D I love yellow dogs! ;D

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 3, 2005, 02:33 PM »
First of all, Sponge is adorable.  It's always good to hear stories about saving animals from shelters, so big thumbs up to you DBK!  Easily the best thing anyone got yesterday! :)

Okay, the MM story from my neck of the woods.  There are two WMs within a 20 mile radius, so I decided to hit the larger one first, as I figured they would have a better selection.  Well, at 11:45, they hadn't done anything.  Apparently, according to someone else in line, instead of actually stocking the toy aisle in addition to the tent, they stocked everything in the tent and claimed to know nothing about being listed as part of the MM promotion.  So, they had to start pulling stuff in from the tent into the store to keep people from rioting.  Naturally, the first three pallets they brought in were the Clone Wars/OT DVDs (which they had been holding for April 2nd for some reason), the Titanium series/Force Battlers, and the Vader carrying case.  At 12:15, I decided I had had enough, so I walked out of the store buying nothing.

And, naturally, when I showed up at the second WM in the area, they were completely dead, but they had stocked the toy aisle and aside from two very nice guys who were trying to find what they were looking for, there was nobody else in the aisle.  There were several figures in short supply at that point (anything Grievous involved peg rifling, including his guards) and the guy who stuck around helped me find anyone I didn't see on first glance.  So, as I said in the Lava Vader thread about someone else, anonymous WM aisle guy, I salute and thank you!

I picked up the new Unleashed, deluxe Anakin and Sidious, and figures 1-27 (minus either Royal Guard).  They had up to 32 at this store, but the guy helping me out had gotten the last four Jedi plus the second Anakin.  He said that they had only put out two cases of the 25-28 Collection 1 and one guy had yanked three of the four Anakins and was looking for the fourth one to get when my aisle friend found it instead.  He said they had only gotten one case of the Collection 2 Jedi, and nothing past 32.  We talked about the Clone Commander and Pilot not showing up and how cool they were, I thanked him for his help and walked out of the store, to come home and rest.  I won't retype the Target story, as it's over in the Lava Vader thread, but everything there went well too.

I decided I would check K-Mart and see what they had going on, and they had very little.  The ROTS stuff was confined to the regular SW aisle.  They had one case of the new Unleashed, one case of the first Collection 1 wave (the one with 1 each of each of the 12), Legos, and a metric ton of the Palm Talker things.  Way to get yourself out of bankruptcy K-Mart!

The WM that, the night prior, had left everything in the tent and caused quite a few people to leave early (according to someone I saw in line at Target who was also there the night before) had this come back to bite them in the ass when a huge rain and windstorm hit earlier that morning, flooding the ground on which the tent sat, and actually soaking quite a few toys.  Needless to say, the only thing I picked up there was the 12" Sidious (the only Grievous was in a kid's hands, which is where these things need to be if you ask me).

The other WM was much luckier, and I was able to pick up the last 12" Grievous they had.  Still no sign of anything other than 1-28 (plus the one sighting of 29-32), and several things were in short supply, including the overhyped Royal Guards, who everyone was buying up like crazy, rambling on about "needing to find the rare variant" or something.  Whatever guys, whatever.   ::)

My haul:
-Unleashed Anakin, Obi-Wan, Grievous
-Basic figures 1-28 (no red RG)
-Deluxe Anakin, Sidious, Grievous, Obi-Wan
-12" Grievous
-12" Sidious
-Lava Reflection Darth Vader
-Boga, BARC Speeder
-ARC-170 Starfighter

Oh, and I did not see anyone buying a non-Vader Force Battler or any Attacktix yesterday.  As I said a month or two ago, see you in the clearance aisle guys!

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #47 on: April 3, 2005, 04:20 PM »
Hehe, whoops, I just posted under th Lava Vader thread.
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 4, 2005, 09:57 AM »
I also have to say that the sales today were amazing.  I checked the local Target twice today, once at opening and again this afternoon, the pegs were bare after being loaded this morning, same goes for my neighborhood TRU.  They were emptying at least 10 more cases this afternoon at TRU

I have to agree, at least at Wal-Mart and Target, the ROTS stuff seemed to be flying off the shelves.  I haven't visited any stores since Saturday early afternoon, so I don't know what it has been like since then.  When I went to TRU on Saturday afternoon, they were pretty well stocked.  They did have a few things (AT-RT and Battle Arena Sets) that I didn't see at any of the other stores.  Still want to go back there an (hopefully) pick up the AT-RT.

I'm wondering about how limited those cup sets are as well.  I got to Target right at 8 on Saturday, because I hoped to pick those up, and they had all three.  I, like an idiot, just picked up two, figuring I could still get the Grievous one later on.  When I came back later that day to pick up the ARC 170, they were all sold out.  Glad I picked up the Clone and Obi ones at least, hopefully they will restock/reship sometime soon.

DBK - That is one cute little dog.  Has to be the highlight of this weekend for you and your family.  Nice to see another proud dog owner :).

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 4, 2005, 10:15 AM »
Famine / DoctorPadawan / mosnab,

Thanks for the comments about Sponge.  We recently moved to a new state and I promissed my boys and wife a dog.  A little incentive to help us pursue the dream of owning our first house (which came throught too.)

I never had a pet as a child, so after a weekend of getting use to the puppy all is well.

Best Regards,

DBK

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #50 on: April 4, 2005, 10:26 AM »
Funniest thing I saw at MM.  Dude waited in line with us at TRU and when the doors open proceeded to the skateboards.  He was the first one through the checkouts and was seen riding his new Star Wars board in the parking lot.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 4, 2005, 11:05 AM »
Still haven't had a chance to open anything up, but here's my haul from the weekend:

Basic Figures: #1-32 (skipping Obi Wan v2, Yoda v2, SBD, BD, R2-D2, and Mon Mothma for now)..only double as of now is an extra Clone.
Unleashed Figures: Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Grievous
Vehicles/Beasts: Boga, BARC Speeder Bike, Obi-Wan's Starfighter, ARC 170
Galactic Heroes: Chewie/Clone, Mace/Kit, R2-D2/Super BattleDroid
Exclusives: Target Cup Sets - Clone and Obi-Wan, Wal-Mart Early Bird Set

Additional: Star Wars Revenge of the Sith Visual Dictionary

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #52 on: April 4, 2005, 11:25 AM »
Well i got the figures up to 40  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 4, 2005, 11:26 AM »
Congrats evenflow.  It sounds as if 33-40 were tough to come by, and we didn't see any of those in our area.  I was really hoping to find the Clone Commander figures, or any of the other clones ;), congrats on the finds!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 4, 2005, 11:53 AM »
Personally, I am totally jealous of anyone who found figures #33 - #40. While I did have some mild "victories" - I was able to grab all three cups (x2), 2 AT-RTs, 2 Holo Yodas and 1 Pollis Massan and 1 Chopper Droid - I still wish I had been able to haul in a bunch of Clone Pilots.

Now, not only do I have an Obi-Wan & Anakin Starfighter w/o pilots, I also have an ARC-170 w/o three pilots...  :-[

To me - the Big H better come out with a case pack of nothing but Clone Commanders, Clone Pilots and AT-TE Tank Gunners, 'cause EVERYONE wants LOTS of them!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 4, 2005, 12:29 PM »
My wife let me head off to Wal Mart on Saturday and I went nuts!  I filled my cart wqith all I could find.  But then I started looking at them a little closer and put back R2-D2 and Yoda.  My Wal Mart only had 1-28  No Jedis around.  I got my unleashed as an earlty Birthday present.  Weee!
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #56 on: April 4, 2005, 02:46 PM »
Congrats evenflow. 

Thanks, they are pretty cool. I didn't find any of the cups though. No complaints, I dont mind it that much. I just didnt see any at either target i went to.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: April 4, 2005, 02:49 PM »
My wife let me head off to Wal Mart on Saturday and I went nuts!  I filled my cart wqith all I could find.  But then I started looking at them a little closer and put back R2-D2 and Yoda.  My Wal Mart only had 1-28  No Jedis around.  I got my unleashed as an earlty Birthday present.  Weee!

Glad you could make it out for some shopping, wasn't sure you'd get to go... AND Happy Birthday my South Dakotan friend!  Maybe you'll be back more now that a new movie is coming out...  ;)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 5, 2005, 01:34 PM »
I just wanted to share how the Van Nuys TRU MM experince was. In hind sight, wasn't too bad. First, I have to give props once again to amarsala for hooking me up with a holo yoda. Thanks Again! I went specificaly with freinds who weren't avid collectors, so that was really fun. The only down side was the scalper who got all of the AT-RTs, ARC-170's and 12" Grevious. They didn't have Col1 wave 3, but did have lots of col 2 wave three and I think everybody got what they wanted for the most part.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #59 on: April 5, 2005, 01:49 PM »
I went specificaly with freinds who weren't avid collectors, so that was really fun.

One of the fellas who went with us retired from the collecting circuit several years back, and just wanted to go for the experience.  Needless to say, 16 hours later, I think he was pretty thrashed, exhausted, and mind-numbingly bored!  :P

But he was a trooper, and never complained, so that's cool.  He also guarded my basket as I was grabbing at the new ROTS figures left and right, so that was a big help too, as was his nabbing a couple extra Target Vaders.  He did wuss out and take a couple naps though...  ;)