Author Topic: RotS - Deluxe Figures  (Read 39752 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: RotS - Deluxe Figures
« Reply #180 on: June 9, 2005, 12:28 PM »
I really like the Stass Allie Pack in figure. She's not bad at all for a pack in. In fact..I like her over any Adi Gallia Hasbro has produed over these past few years.

Actually, the most interesting thing about her is the skirt. I think she is the first figure with a plastic skirt in where the skirt is cut properly to allower her to sit. I would have liked to have seen this on Kit fisto and Plo Koon.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #181 on: June 10, 2005, 07:17 PM »
I really like the Stass Allie Pack in figure. She's not bad at all for a pack in. In fact..I like her over any Adi Gallia Hasbro has produed over these past few years.

Actually, the most interesting thing about her is the skirt. I think she is the first figure with a plastic skirt in where the skirt is cut properly to allower her to sit. I would have liked to have seen this on Kit fisto and Plo Koon.

I just picked up the Stass Allie set and overall she isn't a bad figure. It would have been nice if perhaps she was given ball jointed hips so she wouldn't look a bit awkward in standing up, but her feet could still reach the pedals. The skirt is a nice touch, does let her sit on the bike just nicely, I am a bit surprised they didn't go for a softgoods skirt there. My only problem with Stass herself is the figure I got has her eyes looking off to the right, so she isn't exactly a safe driver. :)

Now as for the bike, I think it's ok, unfortunately it suffers from Hasbro's inane use of soft plastics, especially in areas that should use hard plastics like the forward cannons. The right cannon was pointing downwards before I even opened the package. :( Cool looking bike though and I thought the addition of the landing gear was a nice touch. A button to make the whole thing explode like the old Speeder bikes would have been a nice touch.

I also picked up the Crab Droid today. Overall it's a solid and bulky toy, just as big as the AT-RT, but for $5-$10 less. It's biggest flaw is while the moving legs is a nice concept, the button is designed that it requires a hard push to get the legs to move and when that happens you don't get a smooth effect. Instead you get a shudder that leaves you wanting the droid to do more. Also they didn't paint the eyes on the droid, despite it being prominently featured on the packaging in the movie images of the droid. A little bit of paint will fix that though.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 13, 2005, 09:21 PM »
It's a ZOMBIE THREAD!  (By that, I mean, I brought a thread back to life from five pages back...Oh, you're no fun).  :P

Anyway, my reason for thread necromancy was to ask a question about the ROTS Deluxe Spider Droid.  I've noticed that over the last few months of sitting on the shelf, the Droid's legs have become very warped, bending inwards at a 45 degree angle or so.  I assume that this is due to the soft plastic that Hasbro feels the need to use for everything these days, but I'm a little irritated that I can't display it alongside the other Separatist vehicles on the shelf.

So, I guess my question is whether or not anyone else has been having this same problem with the Spider Droid and, for completion's sake, if the Saga and Clone Wars versions of the toy had the same problem with the legs warping?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #183 on: September 13, 2005, 09:29 PM »
My saga version doesn't have that problem at all. I passed on the ROTS version since I had one. Seems like a good thing I did.
"This is the way."

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #184 on: September 13, 2005, 11:06 PM »
DP:
I have a clone wars spider droid with the same problem.  The ROTS one does not seem to have that problem but I have only had it open for a few weeks, well maybe 2 or 3 months now.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 13, 2005, 11:20 PM »
I have a clone wars version of the spider droid and I have had no warping of the legs and it has been opened since I bought it. I love it! My son even plays with it from now and then. Passed also on the ROTS since I have the Clone Wars one.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 14, 2005, 10:02 AM »
I have one of each verison and checked just checked on them all. I only onpened the CW version and have not got to the ROTS version yet, but all of my legs seem to be in good shape as of yet.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 14, 2005, 12:41 PM »
Cool, thanks guys.  I never even saw the Saga or Clone Wars Spider Droids at all, so the ROTS version was my first and only chance to get one.  I ended up having to take the legs off completely and store it in a box, which sucks.  :-\

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #188 on: September 14, 2005, 02:32 PM »
at least now it cannot walk away :P
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 14, 2005, 08:47 PM »
Thanks for the warning I have not opened mine yet and wont be doing so, I like to display my stuff and it sucks when the figures do not cooperate with being displayable.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #190 on: September 14, 2005, 10:41 PM »
Somewhat off topic, but one leg on my Vader chopper droid is doing the same thing, bending sideways further and further until I finally had to just knock him over and hope it'll straighten out. :-\
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 10:43 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #191 on: September 15, 2005, 04:36 AM »
My Vader Droid's bending tremendously too.  What a POS.  Hasbro should be ashamed to put anything this cheap out on the pegs, and I'm so frustrated with them NOT improving plastic yet.  Pathetic.

On a ROTS Deluxe Figure Note...

I saw a resurgence of Deluxe on the pegs at Target tonight.  Old crap too, like the Deluxe Grievous, but there was really a nice mix of stuff.  I saw Crab Droids, Flying Clone (which I still want another one or two of I think), and other stuff (No Vader, he still sells out around here).  Seemed very odd to me to see that Grievous back on pegs again though.  I thought he was long gone.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 15, 2005, 05:02 AM »
Im still hoping that I can find a Green Vulture Droid on the pegs someday.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 15, 2005, 02:48 PM »
Im still hoping that I can find a Green Vulture Droid on the pegs someday.

Yeah, what was the deal with that? I hope it wasn't a paint correction instead of a running change, that would make the Green one a real toughie even in the after market.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 15, 2005, 04:16 PM »
Even this month Lee's shows the clone "muticolored" 3 pack. Does it really even exist? ::)