Author Topic: RotS - Deluxe Figures  (Read 39759 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: RotS - Deluxe Figures
« Reply #195 on: September 15, 2005, 05:36 PM »
Even this month Lee's shows the clone "muticolored" 3 pack. Does it really even exist? ::)

I don't really put a lot of faith in Lee's - I remember their report on the VOTC before they were released and their list of 12 figures was only about 75% right. 

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #196 on: September 16, 2005, 02:49 AM »
My Vader Droid's bending tremendously too.  What a POS.  Hasbro should be ashamed to put anything this cheap out on the pegs, and I'm so frustrated with them NOT improving plastic yet.  Pathetic.

On a ROTS Deluxe Figure Note...

I saw a resurgence of Deluxe on the pegs at Target tonight.  Old crap too, like the Deluxe Grievous, but there was really a nice mix of stuff.  I saw Crab Droids, Flying Clone (which I still want another one or two of I think), and other stuff (No Vader, he still sells out around here).  Seemed very odd to me to see that Grievous back on pegs again though.  I thought he was long gone.

The resurgence is hitting here too. My Wally put out several cases of the wave with Grievous, Vader Table, Jet pack clone, Crab droids, and Clone 3packs with 1 green clone. It is Wave 3 R4 2005 I believe. They put out 5 cases in the last 2 nights and they putt out 3 more case tonight, the pegs are overflowing with 'em. Wally hasn't put out any basic figures in 3 weeks. They did put out 2 cases of Evolutions (2 Clone and 2 Sith in each), of which I bought 6 sets, other than that nothing but old Deluxe for the last 3 weeks.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 02:51 AM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 16, 2005, 09:58 AM »
I'm glad Grevious is back in the mix. I passed him up the first time around and finally picked him up. It's actually a decent figure.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 16, 2005, 11:05 AM »
Nice to see that the deluxe figures are getting restocked, these are so much better than the EPI and EP2 deluxes that were mostly pegwarmers. 

And thank God they didn't repack that Obi Wan w/ Super Battle Droid!

:P

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 16, 2005, 12:14 PM »
Nice to see that the deluxe figures are getting restocked, these are so much better than the EPI and EP2 deluxes that were mostly pegwarmers.

Absolutely, CHEWIE.  Even though the first wave (sans Grievous) was pretty much crap all the way around, the following two waves have been much better in terms of quality (for the most part) and even the glut of Obi-Wans from Wave 1 hasn't really slowed the later waves down as far as shelf presence goes.

The only problems that I have with the third wave is the aforementioned poor plastic on the Spider Droid legs and the lack of detail on the Crab Droid's body, but overall, this has been a far superior offering than the TPM "Dueling Jedi" deluxes and the Episode II "Force Flipping" garbage.  But, as usual, the first wave sucks horribly, the second wave is good, and the good stuff comes at the tail end of the line.

And I just noticed (after about four months; I don't know how I missed it) that my Jet Pack Clone's helmet doesn't have the little blue lines on one side of the helmet that he's supposed to have.  So, I guess I'll be getting another one of those.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #200 on: September 17, 2005, 01:28 AM »
I like the Crab Droid and Spider Droid (I used to HATE that SPider Droid but it's one of those times I got one and it grew on me, and now the revised sculpt is even that much better).  The Crab Droid's scale bugged me till I read that there's a variety ofmodels of the Crab Droid for various "jobs" and that they all look alike but vary only in their size.

I'd love to get a 2-pack of a Utapau Clone and mini-Crab Droid for that memorable moment in ROTS, but the giant Crab Droids are maybe EU right now (makes me wonder if bigger ones were in the film and cut having read that in the Vis. Dictionary) but they're still enjoyable figures.  Worth having a small group of them anyway. 

I sorta wish Stass Allie would pegwarm so I could get the bike on clearance, but even she's selling a lot better than I figured.  The flying Clone sold well too, surprising.  He's a "meh" figure.  Not great, not horrible, but moving well.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 17, 2005, 03:58 AM »
I missed the whole AOTC wave on these, so I will be getting some for dio's, I have the spider & crab so far.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 17, 2005, 05:27 AM »
I sorta wish Stass Allie would pegwarm so I could get the bike on clearance, but even she's selling a lot better than I figured. 

Shes the only pegwarmer around here. And only Targets which is odd. When they do go on clearance I plan on picking up a few for customs. I'll pick up some extra for those who want her on the cheap  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #203 on: September 17, 2005, 06:26 AM »
I sorta wish Stass Allie would pegwarm so I could get the bike on clearance, but even she's selling a lot better than I figured. 

Shes the only pegwarmer around here. And only Targets which is odd. When they do go on clearance I plan on picking up a few for customs. I'll pick up some extra for those who want her on the cheap  ;D

She pegwarms here too, and like you said, only at Target. There isn't a single one at Wal-Mart.
"This is the way."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 17, 2005, 09:06 PM »
I see her around here but not necessarily a pegwarmer.  At least not to the degree of past pegwarmers.  I don't see that many just sitting around at least. 

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 17, 2005, 11:17 PM »
I too saw a bunch more deluxe figures this weekend. Flying Clones, Crab Droids, and Grievous galore. I did see two blue varient Droid Fighters/Vulture Droids also.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 18, 2005, 12:50 AM »
How much for the allies?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 18, 2005, 10:51 AM »
I also noticed a lot of clone 3 packs, crab droids, spider droids, and flying clones being put out again lately, after 2 months of not seeing them.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 18, 2005, 02:05 PM »
Yes, the Walmarts around here are putting out the deluxe, all colors but white of the clone, blue, red and green. Vader table, crab droid, white flying clone, and Stass Allie. I would say that of all of them the White Jet Pack/Flying Clone and Stass Allie are the ones that peg warm the most. I have one Wally where Stass seems to sit. She runs for $9.99 plus tax.
Oh yeah, Grevious Deluxe is out too and he moves the fastest. I passed on him, but my son got one back in April, I really like that Grevious, so I found a pretty beat up card and being an opener I bought it last night. I got to the register and asked the clerk since the figure is so damage could I have a discount. It was slow so she called the cust. service mgr or front end (not sure what they call them) and told her what I asked. She looked at and said "Yeah, it is damaged so give him 10% off." So I had my taxes taken care of. I do that from time to time when I find a card beat up but with a good figure inside and about 1/4 to 1/3 of the time I save some money, espcicially at Walmart.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 02:13 PM by TheBlackDog65 »
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 18, 2005, 03:03 PM »
Even though the first wave (sans Grievous) was pretty much crap all the way around, the following two waves have been much better in terms of quality (for the most part) .

Thank you, I don't think enough people give this years deluxe line credit. Out of 15 offerings (including the clone variations) only 3-4 have sat. That's pretty good sales and popularity.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."