Author Topic: RotS - Deluxe Figures  (Read 39883 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: RotS - Deluxe Figures
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2005, 02:52 PM »
I gotta say, I long for a BD 3-pack of just 3 BD's anymore.  Damned if I'm not hearing that BD in ROTS's line isn't as flimsy as Saga's was though too.  Sad  Why can't Hasbro make a Sturdy droid like they did in Episode One's line?

Because that would require effort on their part, and if the non-ROTS specific offerings this year have shown us anything, it's that, in the words of Homer Simpson, "If something is hard to do, it isn't worth doing."

I'm sure if Hasbro was asked why the BDs are so flimsy (and if I'm not mistaken, isn't the ROTS BD the same one as the Saga BD?), they'll say, "Well, the Episode I Battle Droid figures had thicker limbs due to the fact that we were basing them on preproduction artwork.  When we saw how thin the limbs were, we wanted to be as accurate as possible, so such thin limbs are not condusive to high quality plastic."

Then we can point out to them that the POTJ Security and Boomer Damage BDs had these "thin limbs" but were also made of a high quality plastic that didn't bend, and Hasbro will turn their heads and say, "Did you hear that?  I think someone was calling my name.  I have to go now."

Hasbro is cheap, pure and simple.  They will throw around these excuses for making the guns flexible ("safety issues") and other things to compensate for the quality of the SW toys as compared to their other lines, but when you get right down to it, they're cheap, they're lazy, and they aren't going to do anything past what they can get away with on a line that they don't get 100% profits from (such as GI Joe and TF, which Hasbro pretty much owns outright).

And I'm not even going to get into the fact that the "Deluxe" Obi-Wan (which implies that he is something special by the very name of the subline) looks horrible and cheaper than the regular "Basic" Obi-Wan that will be about six feet away at the other end of the aisle.   ::)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2005, 07:27 PM »
Deluxe Wave 3:

Clone Troopers
Crab Droid (w/Walking Action, like the CW Spider Droid)
Stass Allie w/Speederbike (not sure if it's a BARC or regular bike)
NEW Spider Droid

Sounds good thus far.

I know it's heresy, but personally I'm hoping it is just the CW set with new heads. Most of mine will just be standing around in diorama fashion, so SA isn't necessary. Plus these are way cheaper.

Rebelscum's latest Q&A tries to answer the issue, and only manages to confuse me further.

Are the ROTS Clone Trooper multi packs a for sure thing or still only a rumor? If they going to be made will they be more like the Clone Wars multi packs or the current articulated ones?

Yes, they are a “for sure” thing and will be the Super Articulated version. At this point it’s a shame they won’t be the new Episode III Clones, but at least it’s something.

I don't even understand what they're talking about here. So they're SA with AOTC helmets rather than ROTS but .... 3-packs or 4? Exclusive or non?  ???

Too many damn multipacks.

I have no idea what Eeth Koth was up to.

I believe he was present (offscreen) at Geonosis and was killed there.

The interesting thing is that you can tell when Saesee Tiin is being played by different people too - which is a disappointment. I'm glad that George has at least been consistent with Ki Adi Mundi and having Silas Carson play him throughout.

Same here. Probably it's because Ki is the only Councilor extra who has any lines. Plus, Carson was already on hand playing Nute Gunray.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 07:32 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2005, 07:50 PM »
I have no idea what Eeth Koth was up to.

I believe he was present (offscreen) at Geonosis and was killed there.

Incorrect.  It's an EU question, but Eeth Koth died in the Clone Wars.  I would have to do a little research to tell you that, but it's definitely an EU thing.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2005, 08:07 PM »
"Eeth Koth was killed on Geonosis according to the Power of the Jedi Sourcebook, but he nor his death are shown onscreen during the the battle. It was further confirmed in Inside the Worlds of Attack of the Clones that both Koth and Tarados Gon, a Klatooinian Jedi, died aboard a gunship that was shot down during the Battle of Geonosis. He has been replaced on the Jedi Council by fellow Zabrak, Agen Kolar."

http://www.starwarz.com/clonewarseu/features/editorials/missingcouncilmembers.htm

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2005, 08:28 PM »
I don't even understand what they're talking about here. So they're SA with AOTC helmets rather than ROTS but .... 3-packs or 4? Exclusive or non?

Valin, I think that the RS.com Q&A person got a little confused or wasn't really paying attention to the question.  The person who asked the question specifically (as you noticed) asked about the rumored upcoming ROTS Clone three pack from the Deluxe assortment.  The RS.com guy answered the question with information on the Entertainment Earth exclusive four packs of Clones coming this summer instead.

I think it was just a case of crossed wires (the person asking the question, I thought, was clear about what he wanted to know, but somehow the RS.com guy misinterpreted his question).  That being said, I can't see how Hasbro (based on the top notch quality  ::) they've been applying to the vast majority of the non-basic figure line for ROTS) could justify doing anything more than the CW-style Clone statues at this price point.  I'm fully expecting it to be more of the same, but I would very much like to be proven wrong.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2005, 08:35 PM »
Allright, thanks. That's what I thought. Good to know I'm not going crazy. ;)

But my "Too many damn multipacks" comment stands.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2005, 09:42 AM »
From the product catalog that Dale posted on earlier (that Hasbro put up on their site today HERE), there are some smaller pics of later Deluxe waves, including the Clone 3 pack, which is basically just a redo of the Clone Wars ones (non poseable Clones), with updated helmets, etc., the Wookiee flyer with Wookiee Warrior (cool), and other stuff that we've mostly seen.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2005, 09:43 AM »
Here are some pics from the new Hasbro toy catalogue that's online...

Vader on the operating table...

Clonetrooper 3-pack...

unfortunately it looks like the clonetrooper packs are going to be just like the Clone Wars ones, except with ROTS clones...  :( -- I would have preferred SA clones of varying paint-ops
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2005, 10:53 AM »
Clonetrooper 3-pack...

unfortunately it looks like the clonetrooper packs are going to be just like the Clone Wars ones, except with ROTS clones...  :( -- I would have preferred SA clones of varying paint-ops

Looks like those who guessed the CW 3-pack were right on the money.  This set looks exactly like the other one, just with new heads.  It isn't a bad thing - it's $10 for 3 Army builders, and I'll take that happily.

You can add my name to the list of people who hope these come out in multiple flavors/colors just like the CW line did - Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, and White.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2005, 12:12 PM »
Awesome! Too bad these don't come out for a while yet. :(

The "multiple flavors" situation could be hairy because the new clones come in more colors than just the four ranks and white--there's the blue SpecOps trooper, the one with the small burgundy insignia as seen on the 12-inch doll,  the red-checkered Shocktrooper, the gold ARC-style troopers with Aayla Secura on Felucia, and even more than one helmet variation (Cmdr Baccarra).

It'll be interesting to see how the color variants all shake out.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 12:55 PM by Valin Kenobi »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2005, 12:54 PM »
While I'm excited to get the clone 3 pack, I'm not - these things can NEVER be found at retail.

I never found the CW versions - only the HORRIBLE turd that was the destroyer droid shooter thingy.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2005, 01:00 PM »
While I'm excited to get the clone 3 pack, I'm not - these things can NEVER be found at retail.

I never found the CW versions - only the HORRIBLE turd that was the destroyer droid shooter thingy.

Yeah - I can hear that - I frequented a total of 1 TRU, 3 Targets and 4 WalMarts every morning for over a month with the goal of acquiring all of the color-op variants of that Clonetrooper 3-pack. It got annoying, it got my boss a tad bit annoyed since I was coming in EVERY DAY after 9:40....

Here's hoping that it ends up where there are cases of NOTHING BUT this three pack.

Here's an odd thing though - I thought the Operating Table Darth figure was to come out with the Jetpack Trooper, Yoda w/Can-cell and Vulture Droid - I thought those four figures were "Wave 2" - do the three pack Clones fit into a "Wave 3"?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2005, 01:04 PM »
Here's an odd thing though - I thought the Operating Table Darth figure was to come out with the Jetpack Trooper, Yoda w/Can-cell and Vulture Droid - I thought those four figures were "Wave 2" - do the three pack Clones fit into a "Wave 3"?

This may be me being ridiculously optimistic, but perhaps Wave 3 will only be the Clone 3-packs?  Meaning they will finally get these out in the quantities that fanboys want them?   :-\

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2005, 01:18 PM »
From places that are pre-selling the Wave 3 cases, they are shipping with:

Deluxe Wave 3:
Clone Troopers
Crab Droid (w/Walking Action, like the CW Spider Droid)
Stass Allie w/Speederbike (not sure if it's a BARC or regular bike)
NEW Spider Droid

Due in June/July...

I would assume they'd have enough sense to ship a few extra Trooper 3-packs, but this is Hasbro we are talking about...  :-\

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2005, 01:27 PM »
Then since Wave 2 (six figures per case) breaks down as:

Darth Vader on Operating Table x2
Jetpack CloneTrooper x2
Yoda on Can-cell x1
Vulture Droid x1

My bet for how Wave 3 will break down is:
Clonetrooper 3Pack x2
Crabdroid x2
Stass Allie on Bike x1
Spiderdroid x1

I'm guessing here that there will only be minor re-tooling on the Spiderdroid (supposedly the gun is different) and the bike with Stass Allie will be the regular old speeder bike we've gotten a bunch of times over (if it was a Barc Speeder, ole Stassie would be in the Small Vehicle assortments).
Peter