Author Topic: RotS - Deluxe Figures  (Read 39757 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: RotS - Deluxe Figures
« Reply #75 on: April 4, 2005, 10:30 AM »
But he's never seen with hood up in good mode that I've seen.  ALl photo evidence points to evil looking.  I've managed to rig it so he stays evil without the lights coming on with the lightning coming out.  He's decent, and I'd buy him

I was wondering about Deluxe Grievous, is he much different than the first one or the Coll 1 #9 figure?

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: April 4, 2005, 10:47 AM »
I was wondering about Deluxe Grievous, is he much different than the first one or the Coll 1 #9 figure?

IMHO, the deluxe Grievous is a waste of $10.00  :(

The arms are much more posable in the basic figure version.  My basic version holds the sabers better and can be put in a lot more poses than the deluxe version.  I kind of like the "gritty" look of the deluxe version better, but it's not worth the extra $5 for a better paint job and "grapple hook" blaster.

If you bought the #9 Grievous, you're probably not missing out if you pass on the dlx version IMHO.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 4, 2005, 10:54 AM »
Thanks for the info on the DLX Grievous.  I was tempted at one time to pick this up, mainly because of the paint job, but went for the $5 version instead :).  I didn't end up picking up any Deluxe figures this weekend, although the "Anakin to Vader" was in the cart at one point.  I ended up putting it back, figuring if I changed my mind that the initial waves of Deluxe figures usually aren't too tough to come by.  I keep thinking I'll just wait for the Med Table Vader one coming later on, even if it isn't "exactly" the same concept.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #78 on: April 4, 2005, 10:57 AM »
I'll be buying Medical table Vader as well, I don't see the point of Anakin/Vader deluxe (again with the movie accuracy and all)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #79 on: April 4, 2005, 11:22 AM »
I don't see the point of Anakin/Vader deluxe (again with the movie accuracy and all)

The point of Anakin/Vader DLX figure is to mindlessly crank out meaningless figures because guys like JediMAC buy 3-4 of each and every one thus generating more $$$ for the Big H.    :P

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #80 on: April 4, 2005, 11:27 AM »
I don't see the point of Anakin/Vader deluxe (again with the movie accuracy and all)

The point of Anakin/Vader DLX figure is to mindlessly crank out meaningless figures because guys like JediMAC buy 3-4 of each and every one thus generating more $$$ for the Big H.    :P

Jeff
Its a lot more kid friendly than what a real Anakin turns in to Vader figure will be

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 4, 2005, 12:08 PM »
It's great for the kids (I bought one to play with)  ;D

Everything works except for the most important part - the head/cloak.

Anakin's head actually retracts down into his body when the head/cloak piece is attached!  Why not make it a helmet?

Oops, did I say attach?  Because that never happens - the attachment method is horribly engineered - there is NO way a child can attach the darn thing - I pulled a nut trying to get the Vader helmet attached.

I can post pics tomorrow though a video would do it more justice!
« Last Edit: April 4, 2005, 12:08 PM by ruiner »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 4, 2005, 12:09 PM »
I probably would have bought the Deluxe Anakin/Vader but once the picks of the medical table and Mustafar Anakin surfaced that was the end of that notion. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 7, 2005, 09:26 AM »
Hasbro now has an update of the later waves of Deluxe figures, consisting of the Clonetrooper 3 pack (retooled from Clone Wars pack), the Crab Droid, Stass Allie and BARC Speeder, and the Spider Droid.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 7, 2005, 09:33 AM »
No wheel on the BARC bike.  I wish there was a regular carded articulated BARC rider coming.  I'd buy two Stass versions and pass on the ripcord version.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 7, 2005, 10:01 AM »
I like the Stass figure and Crab Droid. 

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 7, 2005, 11:00 AM »
I bought the deluxe anakin/vasder for a couple reasons. 1 is that the votc vader is, to me the ultimate vader and i didn't see a need for another one. and 2nd, I didn't really like either of the 2 anakins out now, faces just look to girly  :-\
so I got the transform anakin to vader.
eventhough the head piece is attached to the cape and upper chest armor, it has hooks to click into anakin's body. His arms pop off to change fromanakin to vaders' and the waist robes are soft plastic that kind of arap around him and have a groove for them to fit into. Once he's vader it is pretty cool looking. PLus as anakin, he fits perfectly in the jedi star fighter :)
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #87 on: April 7, 2005, 11:02 AM »
Hasbro now has an update of the later waves of Deluxe figures, consisting of the Clonetrooper 3 pack (retooled from Clone Wars pack), the Crab Droid, Stass Allie and BARC Speeder, and the Spider Droid.

Good stuff! I wish they'd released these in the first batch.

I'm glad the spider droid is being rereleased, but I wish they'd left it alone instead of enlarging the "super-kewl bigass launchermajig!!!11!" It looked fine before. ::)

As far as I can tell, the crab droid is a CGI pic previously seen in the Insider and Hyperspace. Apparently they don't have the actual toy worked out yet.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2005, 11:11 AM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 7, 2005, 11:07 AM »

As far as I can tell, the crab droid is a CGI pic previously seen in the Insider and Hyperspace. Apparently they don't have the actual toy worked out yet.

Yeah, I thought it looked a little too good to be a toy.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 7, 2005, 11:07 AM »
Alright!  I was hoping that the Crab Droid would be made!  Woo-Hoo!!!!  Finally a decent Separatist vehicle for ROTS... now we need a Tank Droid too!

I think all of these have great potential... well the Spider Droid should be resculpted, but I wish these were out now... I wonder just how big the Crab Droid will be.  I hope it's about the size of the AAT.

Dlx Wave 3 at RS

:P
« Last Edit: April 7, 2005, 11:30 AM by Nataku »