Author Topic: RotS - Deluxe Figures  (Read 39926 times)

SilverZ

Re: RotS - Deluxe Figures
« Reply #105 on: April 8, 2005, 06:27 PM »
All of the upcoming Deluxe figures look great, with the possible exception of Yoda, which I just personally find a bit goofy.  I'm looking forward to sifty through pegs choked with Obi_Wan Vs Battle Droid in a few months to find these.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #106 on: April 8, 2005, 07:24 PM »
The Vader on the operating table is what I've been looking forward to most, out of everything.  I can't wait for him, and I'm sure he'll be the hardest to find.  Or maybe that clone, because he's pretty neat too.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
How I'd change the ROTS Deluxe lineup!
« Reply #107 on: April 9, 2005, 12:37 PM »
I truly wish that they had not thrown in the Obi Wan/SBD deluxe into the mix.  It's destined to be right up there with the SAGA Force Flippers as the biggest peg warming deluxe of all time.  And the Grievous is a rip off.  No way that should have been a $10 figure.

Their first wave should have been different... heck all waves should have been different... how would this have sounded?

Wave I

- Anakin/Vader transformation x 1
- face change Palpatine x 1
- Yoda on Cancell x 2
- Clone Army (white) x 2

Wave II

- Clone Rocket Trooper x 2
- Palpatine w/ Senate Pod x 2
- Vader operating table x 2

Wave III

- Vulture Droid x 2
- Clone Army (new colors) x 2
- holo Anakin kneeling before holo Emperor x 2

Wave IV

- Battle Droid Army x 2
- Clone Trooper w/ Star Destroyer cannon x 2
- Nute Gunray w/ tactical display x 2

WAVE V

- Jedi Army x 2
- Wookiee Army x 2
- Crab Droid x 2

WAVE VI - repacks

- Clone Army (white) x 1
- Clone Army (new colors) x 1
- Clone Rocket Trooper x 1
- Clone Trooper w/ Star Destroyer cannon x 1
- Vader Operating table x 1
- holo Anakin kneeling before Emperor x 1

Wave VII - repacks

- Clone Army (white) x 1
- Wookiee Army x 1
- Jedi Army x 1
- Crab Droid x 1
- Clone Rocket Trooper x 1
- Battle Droid Army x 1

Thoughts?  I think doing something like this would have made sales a lot better on these deluxe figures...

:P

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2005, 01:40 AM »
^ Put me down for one of everything please. ;)
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2005, 09:09 AM »
Just out checking at Target and Wal-Mart this week for new figures, and at least here in town, you cannot find a single Anakin to Vader Deluxe.  I don't know that I particularly want one now anyways, and I've seen a number of people say they regret buying it, but it is kind of surprising that you can't find any.  Plenty of the other 3 (Palps, Grievous, Obi/SBD), but not a single Anakin to be found.  I just thought that was surprising.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2005, 08:46 AM »
Galactic Hunter now has a preview up of the Anakin/Vader Medical Table Deluxe figure.  This one looks pretty nice to me, hopefully it won't be impossible to find, especially with the Obi/SBD clogging pegs everywhere.  Also of note, there is not one single "Anakin to Vader" from Deluxe Wave 1 in our town at all, must have been a hit with someone :).

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2005, 10:12 AM »
Yes, that looks great to me.  This is a one in the package and one loose item for me.  Love it.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2005, 12:41 PM »
The thing about the second wave is that 2 out of the three sets are going to fly off the shelf (and I don't mean the two that fly in the movie ::).) The Vader and the clone trooper/vulture droid will do very well leaving poor Yoda warming the pegs.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2005, 03:57 PM »
The thing I can't figure out is why in the world didn't they have the Clone Trooper one in the first assortment?  It would have sold so much better than that Obi Wan/SBD piece of junk.  Now, everywhere I go, each store is clogged with the first wave of Deluxe peg warmers.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2005, 01:19 PM »
Found wave 2 at Target today.  Only picked up the clonetrooper for now.  I'll be getting all of this wave eventually - something that can't be said about wave 1.  I don't think I'll buy any of those.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2005, 02:59 PM »
Congrats on the find Mikey, glad to hear these are starting to show up.  I feel the same way, I passed on the entire first wave...although I was slightly tempted by the Anakin to Vader....but after seeing the Med Table version coming up I figured I could wait.  I hope that they show up here, our pegs are buried in Obi/SBD, Palpatine, and to a lesser extent Grievous.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 24, 2005, 09:28 PM »
Found all but the Vulture Droid at Walmart.

Vader - Very cool out of the package, why in the world they didn't use this in the first assortment instead of the "build-a-Vader" in the 1st wave is beyond me.  Very cool, and a prett good value for $10.00.

Yoda - Once you get the wings on this guy, he's huge!  The Yoda is decent, nothing to go crazy over.  The bug is awesome though; I like it more each time I look at it.

Jet Trooper - Pretty cool... but no neck or wrist articulation, they didn't paint his breathing nozels right, and to be honest, this is kind of a rip-off for $10.00... but since it's a Clone Trooper, I want about 3 more.   :-[

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 25, 2005, 08:18 AM »
Yeah, I could not believe how big the Can-cel was in the C3 display kiosk.  That thing is massive.  It actually looked decent on display as well.  Maybe it won't be that bad of a thing in the film or the toy.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 25, 2005, 08:59 AM »
Yeah, I thought the Cancell looked ginormous in the pics we saw from this weekend as well.  Glad to hear that these are starting to show up now too.  I checked about every store in town this weekend, but nothing but Obi-Wan/SBD staring back at me.  I'm really looking forward to that Vader with Med Table, and hopefully I'll be able to find it.  Just curious, for those of you finding this newer wave, did you actually have room on your deluxe pegs?  With all of the Obi/SBD and Palpy deluxe sets hanging out here, I'm not real optimistic on finding anything new.  On the other side of things, you cannot find a single of the Anakin to Vader deluxe figures (from the first wave), and the Grievous is becoming pretty scarce as well.  In fact, it seems like everything Grievous is selling decent around here.  Congrats on the finds CHEWIE.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 25, 2005, 04:27 PM »
Thanks mosnab.  The Walmart I found them at is overstocked with the first wave, but barely had enough room to put these out.

There's two Targets in my area that are pretty low on deluxe figures, so maybe Target will be the place to score this second wave easier for everyone.

The deluxe Grievous has sold pretty well too, which kinda surprised me (but that's good!).

***EDIT***

Looks like they are in stock here -

http://www.dnstoys.com/

I've ordered from them several times - a truly good site to order from. 

« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 04:39 PM by CHEWIE »