Author Topic: RotS - Deluxe Figures  (Read 39763 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: RotS - Deluxe Figures
« Reply #165 on: May 31, 2005, 08:19 AM »
I think it is the same bike in general.  I don't know if it is EXACTLY the same bike. 

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #166 on: May 31, 2005, 08:35 AM »
It seems almost identical.  The paint scheme is different and it does not have the big rip cord wheel and whole.  It also has retractable landing gear both on the front and the back.  The control sticks moved a little bit and they are softer plastic than the ones on the regular speeder, which don't move at all.  It has like a little lever behind the head of the driver's seat, I don't know what it does.  If that is supposed to break it apart then it does not do so in mine.  I have a tendecy to easily break small toys :-[
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 31, 2005, 10:17 AM »
It has like a little lever behind the head of the driver's seat, I don't know what it does.

I think it's just a poorly secured headrest, Gatillo.  They had to change it from the one on the 15 dollar BARC Speeder since that one had an elongated peg that stuck out to securely fasten into the BARC Trooper's backpack; I think that, like the waist joint on the Jet Pack Clone, Hasbro didn't make the fit of the new headrest secure enough.

As for the exploding thing, mine doesn't explode at all (which I actually like, considering that if I even look at the POTF2/Vintage speeder bikes they blow apart) and it doesn't even come apart very easily.  Overall though, for 10 bucks, it's worth picking up, but it's definitely not of the quality we're used to for Speeder Bikes at this price range.

And on the film accuracy tip, has anyone tried to put Stass Allie on a regular ROTJ/CW speeder bike yet?  How does she fit?

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #168 on: May 31, 2005, 03:18 PM »
Thanks.  That makes sense about the head peg thing.

I'll tried to put her tonight and let you know.  Because her legs are sculpted forward instead of down or backwars, maybe she won't fit but I don't know.

I like the fact it doesn't blow up, at least that way it stays in place.  Those POTF2 ones would sometimes blow up for no apparent reason.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 31, 2005, 04:12 PM »
I had a bit of trouble getting her to sit on a regular Speederbike... for now, she's on the BARC Speeder.   

I'm actually kinda glad they are using the wrong kind of bike ride with these ROTS toys; I've already got enough regular Speederbikes.  ;)

:P

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #170 on: May 31, 2005, 08:45 PM »
I saw the left overs, a Spider Droid  ::) They only one i dont want since i already have the AOTC version.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 31, 2005, 11:12 PM »
I came across the Wave 3 Deluxe today at my local Target store.

They had plenty of the Crab Droid, Spider Droid and Stass Allie w/Barc Speeder. No Clone 3-Packs on the pegs at all.

And when I say plenty - I mean plenty - like 6 - 10 of each of those three. I think that someone must have come in and just bought all of the clone 3-packs they had.

Anyway, scanned the barcode and saw they had more in stock. Moved them around on their pegs until four pegs were empty and then asked an associate to get product to fill them.

Unfortunately she only brought out one case and that meant only ONE Clone 3-pack - yes in a case of 6, there's 1 each of the new ones and then Vader on Operating Table and Yoda on Cancell.

Why the heck couldn't the assortments have just been three per as opposed to four per - then at least if you're going to have cases that only fit three figures - pack them two per case.

Anyway, the clones I got out of this case were 100% white - I thought they were going to have a unit designation marking of some kind. So there are two versions of this three-pack? One of them 100% white and another with the markings?

Has anyone found a set of clones with the markings?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #172 on: June 1, 2005, 12:42 AM »
I hope I run into those kinds of numbers you found Pete.  The Crab Droid's on my top priority list, and I have to admit that (even though I was a Spider Droid Hater), the Spidey has grown on me over the years...

The retooled gun is nice, it looks in-scale, and I can stomach the inaccurate undercarriage and would like a couple of the new ones... 

The Crab Droids just rocked in the film if for no other reason than the Clone who went balistic on the one...  I'd like to stock up on Stass and her bike too for hopeful BARC Troopers in the future, or at least customs.

The Clone 3-pack's still uninspiring to me so at least (for once) the hottest figure in a case isn't the figure I want the most. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 1, 2005, 02:12 AM »
I really like the Stass Allie Pack in figure. She's not bad at all for a pack in. In fact..I like her over any Adi Gallia Hasbro has produed over these past few years.

Now if I could just find those clones. >:(

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #174 on: June 1, 2005, 02:47 AM »
The retooled gun is nice, it looks in-scale, and I can stomach the inaccurate undercarriage and would like a couple of the new ones... 

What the story on the retooled gun on the Spider Droid? Is there a pic somewhere with a comparison?

Personally, I am really looking forward to getting the Stass Allie set, so I can give one of my custom clones the bike, and give Stass new legs.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #175 on: June 1, 2005, 05:32 PM »
I'm not sure if there's a comparison shot anywhere or not Jason.  I don't have it or I'd snap a pic for you.

The gun just got retooled from the original I heard...  Someone with both can confirm it or not for me...  I think they were just trying to minimize that big honkin' cannon the first one had, which was its most detracting feature I think.  Make it a little more accurate.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #176 on: June 1, 2005, 10:43 PM »
What the story on the retooled gun on the Spider Droid? Is there a pic somewhere with a comparison?

Ask and ye shall receive... that's the service of JD.   ;)

« Last Edit: June 1, 2005, 10:43 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 1, 2005, 10:46 PM »
Wow, I saw the Crab and Spider Droids last week, but passed on them. Now I wish I hadn't... :-\
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

SilverZ

« Reply #178 on: June 1, 2005, 11:08 PM »
Hey, cool. I was wondering how the new one compared, as I only have the ROTS one here. I actually like the paint job a lot better. Why can't they pull of this metal look on toys like the AT-RT, that would really be improved with it's use?

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #179 on: June 3, 2005, 02:52 AM »

Ask and ye shall receive... that's the service of JD.   ;)

thanx Jeff, I just may now pick one of these up if I ever see it.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot