Author Topic: Target Figure with Cup Sets  (Read 41030 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Target Figure with Cup Sets
« Reply #30 on: June 7, 2005, 01:18 AM »
I suppose those of us who don't have the Grievous or Clone cup sets are now left out in the cold.

Damn.  :-\
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 7, 2005, 04:57 AM »
Now I wish I would of gotten the Obi and GG cups.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 7, 2005, 09:06 AM »
Although I'm sure not everyone is thrilled about these, I'm happy to see that they are coming....although I would have rather seen them in the OTC packaging as well.  I guess I'm just a big fan of the cups/glasses in general, something nostalgic about them to me I guess (even though they are plastic now).  The figures I could do without, but no biggie.  These are three of my favorite characters from the Saga, and I'm glad they will have glass representations too.  I just hope I can find these at retail, but hopefully Target comes to their senses and at least lowers the price to $9.99 on these.  These price hikes are crazy.  Last time I checked at Target, they had only Obi-Wan glass sets, 6 of them.  I have a feeling these might come and go quickly, due to the character selection, but I guess you never know.  I'm kind of regretting skipping the Maul cup, and missing the Anakin one, might have to try to pick those up somehow later on after (if) I find this new wave.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 7, 2005, 03:36 PM »
Yeah, and IIRC, I think we may have one in the OTC section too, where we were expecting these 3 cups to actually show up.  So, what's the going price on a set of them from the OTC Japan line?  I have a bad feeling I'm gonna have to pony up for those now...  :'(

Actually, they were NEVER "officially" released in Japan as other sites would have you believe.

As an intrepid reporter once said, only salesman samples ever showed up on eBay for the cup sets in the OTC packaging.  Only a VERY few ever showed up on eBay, like 1-3 sets that I ever saw, all from the same seller.

Amazon Japan took pre-orders, but the pre-orders were never filled, they just kept postponing the due date every month for about 9 months, then finally gave up.

In fact, most Japanese e-tailers that still have the OTC version for pre-order now mention the new packaging.

Jeff

Wow! Thatnks for that tid bit Jeff. I was thinking of tracking these down one day, but now, why bother?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #34 on: June 7, 2005, 03:54 PM »
Yeah, I'm relieved to hear that too.  I actually ran into Adam Pawlus at a Target yesterday on the way home, and we chatted about the cups (which we were both there looking for), and he confirmed what Jeff just said, in that the OTC cups were never actually released.  I never heard of anyone actually getting them, but Rebelscum's report made it sound like they did come out at some point.  Really glad that's not the case, but I still despise OT product in ROTS packaging.

Sure would love to have one of those salesman sample sets though, but I'll live without them since they were never technically released to the public anywhere.

$84.37 for six more cups.  That's fun.  ::)
« Last Edit: June 7, 2005, 03:55 PM by JediMAC »

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: June 7, 2005, 04:01 PM »
I never heard of anyone actually getting them, but Rebelscum's report made it sound like they did come out at some point.  Really glad that's not the case, but I still despise OT product in ROTS packaging.

What?  An innaccurate/misleading report at Rebelscum?   :o   ::)

Seriously though, I'm glad Pawlus confirmed what I said, I'd hate for you to have to take my word for it...  :P

;)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 7, 2005, 07:07 PM »
Seriously though, I'm glad Pawlus confirmed what I said, I'd hate for you to have to take my word for it...  :P

If it makes you feel any better Jeff - I knew you were right. Those amazon.jp pre-orders never materialized so those two or three auctions of samples were it.

$84.37 for six more cups.  That's fun.  ::)

Yeah - tell me about. It's one of those times when I say to myself. "Thank god I collect two of everything like the lemming that I am!"

And I'm hitting three Targets each morning in anticipation of getting these things.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 7, 2005, 07:14 PM »
If they're going to start releasing OT stuff, it should obviously be on a new card style.  Duh.  This lava cardback was designed for ROTS and, to me at least, ROTS only

As much as I love the OTC style, I'd prefer that they didn't separate the trilogies into 2 lines.  It's time for a brand new cardback to encompass all 6 movies.  I'm definitely going to piss off some OT purists with that idea, but "the circle is now complete," so let's get a fresh new design.
« Last Edit: June 7, 2005, 07:15 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #38 on: June 7, 2005, 07:44 PM »

I just knew you were going to say that...  :P  I actually talked to Adam yesterday evening, before I saw your report, so my initial sigh of relief came then (which is why I mentioned it).  Sorry!  But that doesn't change the fact that your word's as good as gold, Jeff!  :-*

Jesse, I don't mind if they mix the two Trilogies up into one unified Saga line at all.  I'd just prefer it if they did it in that same packaging design they were using earlier this year.  The original OTC design eventually turned into the POTC (Post-OTC) design, which included prequel figures as well.  So that'd work just fine for me, as it's been my favorite packaging style ever, since it felt so retro.

I could stomach a fresh new design as well, if it was similar, and not too crazy and bright like most of their previous cardbacks.  I'm just nervous at the thought of what Hasbro might come up with though...

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #39 on: June 7, 2005, 07:57 PM »
I don't like the thought of Han Solo or Boba Fett in ROTS packaging.  Neither of them have anything to do with ROTS.  It seems like a brainless thing to do and it makes me want to rebel (not purchase).  What are they thinking?
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 7, 2005, 09:47 PM »
While I agree that the packaging should become a unified style that encompasses all six movies, I think with these three cups Target sorta strong-armed Hasbro into putting them out with the rest of the ROTS style merchandise.

At this point, I care more about the entire Saga being equally represented in cups. I hope, although I know that it won't happen, that we get AT LEAST two more cups from TPM and AOTC and at least one more cup from the OT so we have three cups from each movie. Fully building out a set of 18 cups w/figures that I could display on a shelf in my collection would be great.

Granted it doesn't help matters that they release clunkers like this new wave - why couldn't the figures packed with the cups this time around have been the VOTC versions? They could, in the future, also turn around and give us a ROTJ Emperor Palpatine cup and an AOTC Count Dooku cup and include the figures from the Sith Evolutions Set. Afterall, they're charging $13 each instead of $10, why not give us re-releases of QUALITY figures instead?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 8, 2005, 09:49 AM »
I suppose those of us who don't have the Grievous or Clone cup sets are now left out in the cold.

Damn.  :-\

Maybe not, I actually found this entire wave last Friday at Target.  $12.99.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 8, 2005, 11:56 AM »
I actually though the ROTS cups would go on clearance due to poor sales. I wonder if they produced less this time around or sold more.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2005, 10:02 PM »
I found these this AM at Target and did up a little photo piece for the front page...

RotS Wave 2 (OTC Wave) Figure with Cup Sets

I really like the Han cup.  All the Stormies on there are cool.  I had to re-arrange my shelf to get a nice arrangement of all 11 cups.  When they are displayed all together, they really look nice.   :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • CLICK HERE TO GET A COLLECTION VERY CHEAP
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2005, 04:15 AM »
I noticed the clone in the target cup set I got has an imperial logo on the shoulder . but my other clones (all of them) just  have plain white shoulder pads . Are they all like this or are some just different or variants
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 04:18 AM by CuDa033 »
CHECK OUT MY WEB SITE TO VIEW AND BUY MY COLLECTION !