Author Topic: Target Figure with Cup Sets  (Read 41033 times)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Target Figure with Cup Sets
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2005, 02:48 PM »
So far I have only found Han, which was a surprise since these usually sit around here longer than other Targets.  I couldn't believe when I got to the register they STILL weren't in the computer.  When I bought all the ROTS on "toy day", the cups weren't in the computer.  You'd think they would have fixed that by now  ???.

Anyhow....I hope these are still shipping since the Target in Green Bay was in a toy reset mode and all the toys are shifting from the back to the left side again.
Beth

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2005, 02:08 PM »
More Target Cup sets!

From GH:

"Three new Target Exclusive cups based on Princess Leia (New Likeness), Stormtrooper (Commtech), and Darth Vader (Flashback)."

More details to come this week at SDCC!

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2005, 02:26 PM »
Stormtrooper cup, I'll have to get that, if it even shows up here. I'll pass on the rest though.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2005, 02:28 PM »
Although I know some people won't be thrilled to see more, I've always been a fan of the cup sets.  The figures that come with them could be ditched as far as I care, but I do enjoy the cups themselves.  Nice to see some more OT ones on the way...now if I can just find that Fett cup to catch up :).  Some nice choices though with both a Stormtrooper and Vader cup on the way.  I'm kind of surprised to see these continuing, wonder if this will be the last wave?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2005, 02:31 PM »
Some nice choices though with both a Stormtrooper and Vader cup on the way.  I'm kind of surprised to see these continuing, wonder if this will be the last wave?

Well, back when the Saga versions of the Han, Fett, Yoda cup sets showed up, there were also pre-orders being taken in Japan for a Vader, Greedo, and Jedi Luke cup sets.

Sounds like Vader is finally surfacing, maybe Greedo and Luke will be in the next wave (if there is one)?   ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2005, 02:33 PM »
Jedi Luke might be a cool addition, if they used the Jabba's Palace Saga version...but you just know we'll see a POTF2 one or that "mean face" swinging saber Saga one ;).  Hopefully this $12.99 pricepoint doesn't keep up though.  Yikes.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2005, 06:31 PM »
I love the new cups but where's new cups for TPM and AOTC? As it stands, if these three are from ANH, ESB and ROTJ that means we'll have three cups from Episodes 3 - 6 and only one cup each from episodes 1 and 2. I already know that Hasbro doesn't understand the concept of a "balanced" collection, but if they keep releasing OT cups, the PT will have A LOT of catching up to do.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2005, 02:03 AM »
More new cups?! Why, why, WHY!!!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2005, 02:06 AM »
BTW, I can't remember if I mentioned this to you already Anthony (I may have brainfarted and forgotten), but I got the Boba Fett cup that you left for me.  THANKS!  I didn't make it over there during the weekend, but it was still there on Monday evening.  Nice job.  8)

All complete again.  For now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2005, 02:10 AM »
I was wondering. I checked on Sunday morning and it was still there. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2005, 12:10 PM »
For those who don't check the recent purchases, the new wave broke with Leia, Vader and the Stormtooper. My Target still doesn't have them in the system, so ChrunchyNug and I got them for $9.99.

I can't believe that they still ship the old large blaster with the Stormie as it never really fit well. It seems this stormtrooper was design with the smaller blaster in mind. :P

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2005, 08:15 AM »
Damn I never saw the Boba,Yoda or Han ones now these are out.  :(
I remember my dream now.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2005, 05:43 PM »
got a Stormie cup today, funny i would thought this would be HTF and the Leia would be left.  ::)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2005, 09:04 AM »
No signs of the new cups here yet, but I have to say...at least around here...that these cup sets have sold very well, even since the price increase to $12.99.  I'm a fan of the cups myself (not the price, and I don't necessarily need the figure to be included either), so I'm glad to see them, but others must be picking them up as well.  I know we've gotten a lot more of these sets (12) than I ever thought we'd be getting.  The ROTS Obi cups shelfwarmed for awhile, but have since disappeared.  Checking our two Targets this weekend, I think I only saw 1-2 of the Han sets, and that was it.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2005, 09:53 AM »
I have four Targets in a 15 miles radius of my house and the one that has the least has 12 cups, mostly Han and Yoda but Fetts are a little scarce.  These cups have never moved well here.  I bought all the cups pre ROTS at 2.48 on clearance. 

The ROTS cups flew of the shelves though but regular Saga ones must be cursed or something.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.