Author Topic: Weird Al Fan Club!  (Read 5907 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Are here any Weird Al Yankovic fan?
« Reply #30 on: April 4, 2005, 07:44 PM »
I'll see if I can find our Weird Al thread somewhere in this forum, and merge your post into it, so you can enjoy the rest of our prior conversation on it, along with some awesome pix of Josh and Weird Al...

Ah yes, I found it, and merged you guys up.  Unfortunately, Josh's awesome pix are in the Concert Thread here, so here's a copy of what he posted in there:

And yes, two days later...I have some pics to share.

Several members of the local 501st chapter (including myself) got to participate in the Weird Al Concert  near Seattle on Tuesday night. We came out on stage during the 1st part of the encore for the Star Wars songs during "The Saga Begins".

We worked out a little routine where we were very "trooper-like" during the slow parts of the song, and then we all danced during the chorus, only to go back to being statues again. Everyone had their own little dance to do. I think mine was the cabbage patch, and Vader was doing the "Staying alive" thing.

It was a lot of fun, and the band was great. The crowd loved it, and I'm sure 10,000 is the largest crowd we've ever been in front of. I have to give very special thanks to a certain member of this board for helping to get me in touch with the right people to set this gig up.

I'm quite sure this will go down in history as the best concert I've ever been to.

I have to give very special thanks to a certain member of this board for helping to get me in touch with the right people to set this gig up.

My pleasure!  It was a lot of fun helping make that happen for Josh and his Seattle crew.  I passed those pix around the office here to show everyone too, so they got a big kick out of seeing our client mixed with my hobby in such a cool way (though I'm still in the closet as a SW fan 'round the workplace, for the most part).  Just stoked that all worked out so well for Josh.  Looks like they had a blast hanging with Al!  8)
« Last Edit: April 4, 2005, 07:47 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Al Fan Club!
« Reply #31 on: April 6, 2005, 10:31 PM »
That's priceless. Josh, you lucky, lucky bastard. I mean that in the absolute nicest, most sincere, jealousy enraged way possible.