Author Topic: Who's Up For A Chat?  (Read 49273 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Who's Up For A Chat?
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2003, 05:15 PM »
Scott, try this back door I use to get in.
.tsupacific.net/quickchat

It may take afew seconds to load. You have to add the channel #jedidefender to it.

Offline hansloroll

• Youngling
  • attempting to complete my vintage collection
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2003, 11:27 PM »
neither one works for me perhaps another night but this is aggravating looking at a blank screen when I have cable not dialup.
attempting to complete my vintage collection .Available for sculpting and painting.cantina monsters and droids a favorite project.

Virex

« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2003, 12:23 AM »
Neither link is working for me, either, and hasn't for several days, which is probably for the best for all involved.

AFAIK, I'm up to date on everything.

Tried it last night on a buddy's computer, and got in just fine.  Went home, thirty minutes later, and couldn't get in at all.

I'm not the most computer literate guy around, so if it has to do something with my computer, I have no idea what to do about it.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2003, 01:04 AM »
Both links are not working for me too. Seems like there maybe a problem with the server there on.  Looking into it.  ;)

Offline CyberScout

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2003, 01:22 AM »
Took awhile but I got in on the second try.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2003, 01:47 AM »
Chat's up & running.  :)

Virex

« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2003, 09:34 AM »
Chat's up & running.  :)

Working for me now, this morning.  Remains to be seen if it will work this evening or not.

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2003, 12:03 PM »
I'm really sorry for the problems you are having with the chat. I really have been looking into it, believe me. Dale is currently working on the project and will be reporting back to me with what he finds. This way, the chat will be on our server and be up whenever the site is up (which is almost 99.9% of the time the past few months). Thanks for the understanding and cooperation!

Virex

« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2003, 12:28 PM »
I'm really sorry for the problems you are having with the chat. I really have been looking into it, believe me. Dale is currently working on the project and will be reporting back to me with what he finds. This way, the chat will be on our server and be up whenever the site is up (which is almost 99.9% of the time the past few months). Thanks for the understanding and cooperation!

No need to apologize--I'm glad that the chat is here at all, as it's one of the main things I use the site for.  Thanks to you and Dale for working to make it better!  During the downtime, I've "had" to go back to that unofficial Rebelscum chatroom, and it's definitely a (technical) step down from the chat here.  Looking forward to being able to get back in.

Thanks again.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2003, 01:00 PM »
Just for the sake of making a comment, I've had no problems whatsoever getting into chat, unless you count the first time several months ago.  The backdoor Dale provides is faster for me, but the main link works just as well.  It takes a little longer to load the "software" but that's about it.  

There were about 15 people on the site last night around 11 central and I logged in to find no one on the chat.  1/2 hour later several were there.  

Maybe it just likes older computers with slower CPUs and Win98.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2003, 03:54 PM »
I too have not had any problems getting in the chat room when I've wanted too. Or at least no problems that weren't fixed upon me rebooting my computer.

Virex

« Reply #101 on: June 19, 2003, 10:20 PM »
Me and CC are trying something new tonight--we're gonna cue up the Office Space DVD, and try to provide some kind of weird running commentary on the film during the chat.

We're going to give it a try--might be cool, might be lame, we don't know.  

We're going to get underway in just a few moments, so, if you're interested, get your Office Space DVDs handy in your DVD-ROM drive or whatever, and join us, won't you?

http://www.jedidefender.com/chat.php

EDIT:  We're going to start up the movie at 9:45 Central time, so just in about fifteen minutes or so, to give everybody time to set up.

Hopefully, this will be more on the cool side, and less on the lame side.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2003, 10:32 PM by Virex »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #102 on: June 19, 2003, 10:32 PM »
SOB!  I still can't get in.  

Offline Carrie M

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2003, 10:33 PM »
Dang! Keep trying, we'll wait for you as long as possible.
Carrie, collector of Tusken-y things.

Virex

Re: Re: Who's Up For A Chat?
« Reply #104 on: June 19, 2003, 10:34 PM »
SOB!  I still can't get in.  

Well, ****.

Try the backdoor (!) link that Dale posted a couple pages back.

If all else fails, we could go to that unofficial Rebelscum chat, but, in my opinion, it sucks compared to this one.  Unfortunately, I've had a much easier time getting into that one than this one.