Author Topic: Share your Trading, Buying & Selling tales...  (Read 4459 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Share your Trading, Buying & Selling tales...
« on: April 7, 2003, 04:15 PM »
So this is basically just a story about how freaking stupid I am, so I'm sure some of you will enjoy it...   ;)  (warning, it's LONG)

I was recently working on a nice trade with a fellow member here, in which I finally got my coveted second MOTDS (to open).  I was to send a Holiday Droid 2-pack and one of my extra Tri-logo Ep. 1 Naboo Royal Guards in return.  Good trade - no problem, right?  Wrong.

I got his package lightning quick in just 2 days, and was getting ready to ship mine out as well - just had to find one of my several NRG figures that I had stashed away long ago for some potential future trade bait (had the Holiday Droids sitting out ready to go).  Well, I have probably a hundred or so boxes full of SW stuff at my house, so I started looking through them last week to find the NRG - thinking I knew pretty much right where it was.  One by one - no NRG to be found.  I wound up tearing my entire house apart top to bottom, every single freaking box, to find this increasingly aggravating figure.

Though I was almost 100% positive the thing should've been in our house, I finally came to the determination that my wife or I must've mistakenly taken it up to our storage facility an hour and a half away, up by my in-laws house.  Not good.  We were just up there two weekends ago, and had plans for this past weekend to go down to see my family an hour away in the opposite direction.  Well, I was not about to suffer my first bad trade (on my part) after several dozen good ones.  So we completely altered our weekend plans, and went back up to my wife's parents house again, specifically so I could look through our storage unit up there for the NRG.

Well, my storage unit has probably more boxes full of SW stuff than my house does - some labeled, some not.  So I proceeded to spend almost my entire Saturday going through our 10 x 20 storage unit, box by box, in search of Mr. NRG.  Guess what?  Yep.  NOTHING!   >:(  I was really close to bashing my skull against a wall at this point.  I figured that my initial thoughts that the NRG was at our house must be true.  I must've just somehow missed him - 'cause he sure as crap wasn't in storage!

So after a not-completely-wasted weekend of doing laundry and eating some good grub at my parent's in law's house, back down we went last night to our house.  When we got home, I proceeded to tear the house apart again in my third agro search for this damned missing figure...  After several hours of searching late into the night (waking my wife up numerous times), I finally threw my arms in the air in futile desparation and gave up - nearly ready to kill myself.

I sat and contemplated how I'd have to inform my trading buddy that I had simply "lost" one of his trade items, and started to consider what other options I could offer him for it - concerned that he might be rather upset and my perfect trading feedback might be in jeopardy.

I started pacing around the house, mumbling expletives to myself at 3am in the morning, furious that I could completely lose something that's been right nearby for the last couple of years.  When all of the sudden...  I noticed a box sitting over in the other corner of the living room, all by itself - nowhere near the rest of my stuff.  I realized immediately it was the box with my TF Vader, Sacul, and a few other interesting pieces, and immediately got my hopes up into thinking that it must be where I stashed my extra NRGs.  My heart started pounding desparately as I raced across the room to see if my prayers would be answered, and...  Jackpot!  There all 3 of my extra NRGs were, safe and sound!   8)   HUGE sigh of relief, followed by numerous further expletives to myself.

So needless to say, the package, with both of it's correct contents, went out first thing this morning.  Though I'm still quite annoyed with myself that this whole saga caused almost a week long delay in my package getting sent out, when the figure was practically right where I thought it was the WHOLE time!  ARGH!!!   >:(

So the moral of this story, is when you list your haves on your trade list, make sure you know exactly where the hell they are, before agreeing to trade them to somebody...   ::)   :P

Sorry for the LONG read...   ;)
« Last Edit: April 4, 2005, 09:33 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Re: Absolutely, totally AGGRAVATING story...
« Reply #1 on: April 7, 2003, 04:32 PM »
I have made the same error. But I spent two whole days looking for something that I had already boxed and shipped. I forgot I mailed the package out.
I was ticked off at myself.

For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 7, 2003, 04:37 PM »
I misplaced my one and only Eopie once.

ONCE.

I know exactly where it is right now. (Thank God for Radio Shack and global positioning technology.)
Post sober.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #3 on: April 7, 2003, 09:21 PM »
That's why I label every single box of mine with everything I had packed in them.  I absolutely hate not knowing where everything I packed away is.

Good story Matt... hehe.
dustrho

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 7, 2003, 10:23 PM »
When you lose something, it's always in the last place you look. So look in the last place first, and you'll save a lot of time  ;D
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 7, 2003, 11:33 PM »
Sounds to me like you got just too much stuff there Matt and you can't keep a handle of what is where.  ;)  I'll offer up my services by taking some off your hands so a incident like this never has to happen to you again. It's the least I could do.  ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 8, 2003, 12:12 AM »
seconded. ;D  Heck, mail it to the same place, I'll meet Jim halfway in between.  Actually, that would be Fargo *shudder*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
My newest acquisition
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2003, 01:09 PM »
Maybe the wrong forum, but somebody will move it if need be.  

I'd dearly love to show a picture of this beauty, but words will have to suffice.  Let's say it is a spectacular thing and quite a bargain.  Buying six of these separately would more than double the cost of buying it all together. Oh, you want to know what it is?  

A box with 150 feet of bubble wrap.  Pretty cool eh?   ;)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: My newest acquisition
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2003, 01:12 PM »

I'd dearly love to show a picture of this beauty, but words will have to suffice.  Let's say it is a spectacular thing and quite a bargain.  Buying six of these separately would more than double the cost of buying it all together. Oh, you want to know what it is?  

A box with 150 feet of bubble wrap.  Pretty cool eh?   ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2003, 03:51 PM »

Well, if we had a forum for lamest acquisition posts, then maybe we'd stick it in there, but as it is, I guess we'll just have to leave it here where it is.   :-\

Great score Brent.   ::)  Maybe I could trade you something for your bubble wrap (not my wife this time though).  What condition is the bubble wrap and its package in though.  I already have some loose bubble wrap, so this would have to go into my "packaged" collection...  LMK, thanks.

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2003, 04:07 PM »
Is this bubble wrap the common stuff with the small bubbles or the HTF variant bubble wrap with the huge bubbles?

I need to know because I'm missing that one.  :P

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2003, 04:10 PM »
Are you going to send the Bubble Wrap to the AFA?  ;D

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2003, 04:12 PM »
If I buy some of that bubble wrap off you, could you please bubble wrap it prior to shipping it out for me?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2003, 04:34 PM »
Are you going to send the Bubble Wrap to the AFA?  ;D

Well, most of the people here have a sense of humour at least.  Unlike some people that live out West.

* Morgbug slaps Matt again and again and again and again...
;D :-*

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2003, 04:41 PM »
Well, most of the people here have a sense of humour at least.  Unlike some people that live out West.

* Morgbug slaps Matt again and again and again and again...
;D :-*

Hey now, I'm the Funniest Muskateer dag nabbit, so you better back off now!  Just ask chuckles (the Tallest Muskateer), he'll tell ya'!   :-*

Congrats again on your incredible bubble wrap score though...   ::)