Author Topic: How's the weather?  (Read 212343 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: How's the weather?
« Reply #1290 on: January 17, 2008, 08:06 PM »
It warmed up last night, looks like we had some rain & then the flurries came. Not fun scraping the ice off the car this morning. Got home from work & grabbed the shovel & off I go, ******* ice below the snow. -10°C right now & a trace of flurries overnight & mid teens tomorrow. Saturday is warmer at -3°C & snow & Sunday it drops to -20°C then pretty damn good weather till months end thus far.  ;D

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: January 17, 2008, 10:52 PM »
tires feel like they're square.

Ah yes, good times.  You gotta love driving Fred Flinstone's car!  ;)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: January 26, 2008, 10:44 PM »
We have had not too bad weather here lately but soon that will come to an end.  :-\

Sitting at -3°C right now & we are expecting light snow tomorrow as the temp drops & the city braces for a deep freeze. Yep, we go into the **** this week.

A strong cold front from the Northwest Territories is expected to bring some snow local blowing snow and much colder temperatures on Sunday. Northeasterly winds of 30 gusting to 50 km/h combined with 3 to 8 centimetres of snow is expected to result in snow and blowing snow and reduced visibilities. Exposed areas can expect to see a few hours of near blizzard conditions. Wind chill values by Monday morning could approach minus 40 celsius.

Daytime temps are anywhere from -23°C to -27°C, colder with the wind & nighttime lows are from -31°C to -35°C.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: January 27, 2008, 01:26 PM »
Well that ws a nice wake up call.  >:(

The temp dropped from -3°C to -21°C since last night & feels like -35°C with the wind. The wind is blowing the snow & making drifts, I had a hell of a time shoveling around the house as some drifts were around 2 feet. The roads are the *****, going to be a fun drive to work tomorrow.  :-\

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: January 28, 2008, 09:09 AM »
Rain is supposed to let up here for the first time in a week. Pretty unusual for these parts. Knocked out my phone for a while and over-filled the pool, but all in all, only minor problems considering our homes aren't build to withstand too much rain.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: January 28, 2008, 07:23 PM »
I got up early this morning, good thing I did. The wind was still whipping & it was -29°C & I had to shovel my way out to the front of the house, I shoveled 8 times yesterday to keep up. The car started OK & the drive was like driving on mashed potatoes. Any roads that were graded were ice as they are not sanding over it & 3 or 2 lanes roads are down to 1 lane, yeah fun.  >:(

We are sitting at -30°C & going down to -39°C tonight with clear skies & tomorrow should be a balmy -29°C with a wind chill warning stll in effect. 2 more days of this freeze to go yet.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1296 on: January 28, 2008, 10:10 PM »
It had been sunny and nice all day today with weather in the 50s. I walked to the store an hour or so ago and it was still nice no breeze in the air. About five minutes ago I look out the window and there are gale force winds with snow blowing every which way, down, sideways, even back up. :o

Did you send your storm south Dale? >:(
"This is the way."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: January 28, 2008, 10:29 PM »
Did you send your storm south Dale? >:(

:-X  :-*

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: January 29, 2008, 12:09 AM »
Actually he sent it our way.  His particular storm tracked through Alberta then east into sodbuster land and now it's blowing through our neck of the woods. 

Luckily you guys ate up most of the snow, so we're only looking at 2-4 inches with some nice 30-45 mph winds.  Temps will be pretty balmy really, with the windchill about -45 F tomorrow.  Awesome January weather really. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: January 30, 2008, 12:54 AM »
It just keeps getting better:  Forecast for tomorrow is a windchill of -53F. 

Man, the car tonight was not at all happy.  Took my daughter to swimming lessons, then went to the gym and a couple of hours later the car was pretty solid.  Slow to start and whining.  The shocks were groaning/screeching over every bump.  Just wacky ass **** going on right now.

I might actually have to break down and buy some longjohns.   :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1300 on: January 30, 2008, 01:42 AM »
Whatever hit Ryan's on its way to Pittsburgh and the collective rush to the supermarket was on...  They're saying by 7 that the commutes to the city will be bad, so people are panicing.  The winds are expected to put power outages all over the area...  Freaky stuff for this time of year.  Even calling for thunder/lightning. 

I love anarchy and all, but man if it's gonna snow I'd rather it just snow...  This is more a fear of what's wet now will be solid by 7, and that's not good.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: January 30, 2008, 08:21 AM »
Woke up this morning to a -36C Wind Chill.  To quote my 2 year old, 'It's wicked cold out daddy...'
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: January 30, 2008, 07:12 PM »
Still ******* cold here, -24°C with a slight breeze & dropping down to -30°C tonight. Yesterdays drive to work was a ******* mess, the roads are all ****** up from the city grading them, sheer ice & it was very foggy for the drive. You you couldn't see 2 vehicles in front of you. People are running out during breaks or lunch just to warm the vehicles up.

Slowly we should be getting warmer by next week but the nights will still be around -25°C. I still have to clear the snow off the garage pad but until it warms up a bit... **** that!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: February 1, 2008, 09:07 AM »
SNOW DAY!

My kids have a snow day today so I get to stay home with them.

When I told my 9 year old son this morning that there was no school he said "Its a Miracle!"  Aaah, to be young again.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: February 3, 2008, 05:13 PM »
I finally tackled the garage pad today, took me around 2 hrs. No wind so that helped & it's sitting at -20°C. The snow drifted on the pad pretty good, some areas were just over a foot deep & hard packed. I'm a little sore & tired but I'm glad I got that done. Warmer days ahead, better than last week.