Author Topic: How's the weather?  (Read 209965 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: How's the weather?
« Reply #1575 on: October 14, 2009, 07:48 AM »
Ick! Almost 5am & it's snowing, all day. High of 1°C today, tomorrow & Friday 8°C & Saturday 13°C & then the temp drops so the long range forecast says.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: October 14, 2009, 10:08 AM »
Hey, the rain here may be gone for a while.  We've got lots and lots of fog this morning, but no rain.  I might actually get to play softball for the first time in about 3 weeks Friday night.  It might get back up into the 80's today and be sunny through at least the middle of next week.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1577 on: October 29, 2009, 09:17 PM »
We have about 14" - 18" of snow and ice at the moment. Fun, fun. :P
"This is the way."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: December 4, 2009, 11:37 AM »
Winter knocked on the door during the night, not a great site to look at 1st thing in the morning. -6°C right now & more snow to come over the next few days with temps in the -9°C to -22°C range during the day & -16°C to -27°C during the night for next week. A storm warning out for today with snow from 10 to 20 centimetres & wndy.  :-\

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1579 on: December 4, 2009, 07:53 PM »
******' cold here.

8 freakin' degrees out!

Baker's in Heaven!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: December 4, 2009, 08:01 PM »
Oh it's lovely here, a ******* nightmare with that snow. The roads are all ****** up, a 20 min drive is like 1 hr & bumper to bumper. I cleaned up the snow around the house & I really did not enjoy shoveling that ****!   >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1581 on: December 7, 2009, 03:54 AM »
We had our first snow of any significance Saturday, and it wasn't real significant, and I was on my way into the city that evening for a Pen's game.  While heading downtown though, I ran into a massive black-ice cluster-f.  I had to slide the truck hard right then back hard left to avoid the quagmire of wrecked vehicles and vehicles who were about to.  I exited right then and there...  One guy literally left his car in the left lane of the highway against the jersey barrier, and was outside his car looking at it...

in the left lane.

I couldn't have made that up if I tried, it's so insanely stupid.

The bridges all around the city were a mess I guess...  I didn't run into any more, but a girl right beside us 180'd right on the middle of the freeway.  She was why I had to cut hard right...  then back left because of all the people half on the burm of the road who were just in an accident with the asshat leaving his car sit in the left lane.  I hate people.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: December 7, 2009, 03:58 AM »
Snow truly brings out the stupid in people.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1583 on: December 7, 2009, 04:09 AM »
The funny thing was, it snowed barely at all here...  It really just would come, dust things, then leave...  But it left everything wet, and while some areas dried fairly fast, others didn't, and this part of the highway (and all the bridges, which are a lot of the roads around here) didn't at all.  It was a pretty bad situation.  It was the headline news of that evening, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: December 7, 2009, 07:00 AM »
We got a very, very slight dusting here the other day.  But it has been so warm that it pretty much melted when it hit the ground.

This weekend has been pretty chilly (for north Texas).  I played a softball tournament on Saturday and our first game was at 10 and the temp was still about 32 or 33.  The guys who started at 8 had a game time temp of 25.  The temp ended up getting near 50 but because the wind was blowing so hard it made it pretty miserable all day.  I was actually kind of glad when we got beat our last game after dark so I could go home, warm up, and watch football.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: December 7, 2009, 10:28 AM »
We've had it snowing around here for most of the last week.  Nothing heavy and nothing wet, so easy to deal with both shoveling and driving. 

Every year though we have folks that get anxious to see snow.  They always say without snow it's 'so bleak and grey' and they wish it would snow.  I used to try and explain the albedo effect to them, but it's pointless.  So we get snow and lo and behold the temperature forecast has the lows going down to -30C this weekend.  I'd give a crap if I wasn't going to be in Hawaii at the time.  ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1586 on: December 7, 2009, 12:28 PM »
Got our first measureable snowfall last night. There's more on the way tomorrow night. Damn, I hate winter weather.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: December 7, 2009, 06:42 PM »
We had the worst storm in 6yrs. Even after shoveling around the house last Friday, it stiil piled up. I got home late last night after spending 2 weeks taking care of my Mom & I couldn't even get into the yard. The snow was drifted up at the front door & I could not even open the gate so I had to jump the fence & landed in snow 1 1/2 feet thick. I spent 2 hrs after midnight shoveling that **** in -28°C temps, no wind so that was a plus.

After 10hrs of sleep which I really needed, it was time to tackle the garage pad. Oh that was fun, snow drifts up the ying-yang, the gate was blocked & even with a snowblower I had some problems but I got it done.

****, I hate winter!  >:(

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: December 7, 2009, 08:01 PM »
It's raining here. It seems there is no local news when it rains in southern California because STORM WATCH '09 has the news programs mesmerized.

"What is this wet stuff falling from the sky? Lets go to Cal Tech for the answer!"
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: December 7, 2009, 08:09 PM »
I'm mesmerized!  What is this stuff falling from the sky???

It's been a while.  I hope this offsets the drought.....at least a little little little bit.