Author Topic: How's the weather?  (Read 210901 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Snow!
« Reply #390 on: October 18, 2004, 09:20 PM »
Drive safe, and don't pully anything funny. ;)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #391 on: October 19, 2004, 02:33 PM »
Rain!   8)

After 6 months without, SoCal got a slight drizzle yesterday, and is having a rather nice downpour today.  Fun stuff.  Winter is finally acting like itself around here now.

Sorry.  Back to the much more exciting snow news now...   :P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 19, 2004, 05:34 PM »
RAIN! here too. All day. Cold and wet.

Kevin

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 19, 2004, 06:03 PM »
SUN!

Highs of 95! Gotta love Texas weather!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 12, 2004, 11:18 AM »
It's been snowing all day so far, and were expecting up to an inch and a half of the slushy stuff by this evening.

Kevin

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #395 on: November 12, 2004, 11:41 AM »
I see my post last year was Nov 3rd 2003, still no snow here, but its cold today.  I hope it snows when Colman is here next week :)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #396 on: November 12, 2004, 11:48 AM »
I see my post last year was Nov 3rd 2003, still no snow here, but its cold today.  I hope it snows when Colman is here next week :)

hehe

Yeah, 24oF on the drive to work yesterday and today, but no flurrying yet.  Hope it's a good year for snow because the Mrs. and I broke down and bought a snowblower this fall.  Got a great deal on a nice mid-sized one at Home Depot.  :)

We figured that since this will be the 4th year in the house we should finally break down and buy one... no more 70minutes worth of snow-shoveling for me!

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #397 on: November 12, 2004, 11:51 AM »
I'm still of the shoveling ilk, two years for me and it takes me about an hour since most of our driveway is single car and only behind the house it goes to two car.

Last year I missed the biggest snowfall of the year being in the hospital for the appendectomy.  I then couldn't shovel for a few weeks and my pregnant wife had to do some...it was close on getting a snowblower then but we didn't

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 12, 2004, 01:23 PM »
First snow fall of the season today in the Boston area.  Been snowing at a steady clip since about 10:30 this morning.  Roads aren't too bad (yet) but the ground's getting covered pretty quickly.

Since it's the first snowfall as a homeowner, I guess I should go out and buy a snow shovel.  Of course, everyone's probably panicked already with the dusting we've got and they're all sold out  ::)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 12, 2004, 02:08 PM »
No snow up here, all gone for now but it will be back. Nights have been cool but the daytime has been nice the last couple of weeks. I'm liking it so far!  8)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 12, 2004, 04:16 PM »
Bah, we've had snow for 3 weeks.  We had one hell of a start to winter, got at least 6 inches the 1st day, and it's still here.  It melts just enough during the nicer days, but when it freezes in the evening look out!  Me no likey sliding through intersections!  I ordered a set of Michelin X-Ice's for the car - that should improve things dramatically.  I hope.   :-\

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #401 on: November 12, 2004, 11:48 PM »
No snow yet, but it was about 19 degrees F this morning when I left for work around 6.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 14, 2004, 12:15 AM »
Bah, we've had snow for 3 weeks.  We had one hell of a start to winter, got at least 6 inches the 1st day, and it's still here.  It melts just enough during the nicer days, but when it freezes in the evening look out!  Me no likey sliding through intersections!  I ordered a set of Michelin X-Ice's for the car - that should improve things dramatically.  I hope.   :-\

Blissfully we've missed all of that and seem warmer than places we shouldn't be.  We're drifiting upwards of nearly 40F regularly here with a high near 50F tomorrow.  It'll all end, but after the pissy summer we had, I'll take this.  This is the longest stretch without precipitation we've had since, well, last summer (03).  The fields here are still water logged with now frozen puddles.  We be needing a drought. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Becky

• Youngling
  • Peace..
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 24, 2004, 11:00 PM »
Hello, all! 
Just thought I would bump this thread back up, since we are in the middle of a winter storm.  We are suppose to get between 4-6 inches of snow.  The drive home from work tonight was terrible. :(  But, at least I made it home safely.  It amazes me how everyone forgets how to drive during the first snow storm of the season.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #404 on: November 25, 2004, 12:35 AM »
the vile bitch that is snow has returned to chicagoland this evening and I hate hate hate it! we were only supposed to get a little and yet it's all over the place and since it's been a constant barrage all day the streets and sidewalks are no longer warm enough to prevent sticking. and it's of course screwing up traffic like nobody's business, at one point it was a 3 hour and 25 minute ride to go about a 30 mile distance on one of the major expressways here.

snow, snow  go away never show your evil face here again!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot