Author Topic: How's the weather?  (Read 209919 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: How's the weather?
« Reply #780 on: February 3, 2006, 12:39 AM »
Yeah, but notice I said that January was the warmest ever recorded ::).  February could go warmer or colder depending on what Mother Earth wants to do

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: February 3, 2006, 12:55 AM »
And make no mistake, Mother Earth is a bitch :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: February 3, 2006, 01:00 AM »
And make no mistake, Mother Earth is a bitch :P

That's what I kept expecting her to be in January, but it never happened.  Will she finally drop the hammer in February?  I always assume she will, but after last month's tropical temperatures, I have no idea what to expect.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2006, 01:01 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: February 3, 2006, 06:12 PM »
It was sunny and pushing 70 here today.  It's supposed to turn cold and slushy/snowy in the next few days.  Our worst ice/snow events typically hit us in late Feb/early March.  Trees are starting to bud and croucuses and daffodils are starting to pop out of the ground ???  Even though its been relatively warm and we keep the heat way down our gas bills are still through the roof >:(
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: February 3, 2006, 08:34 PM »
Oh great, there forecasting a 60% chance of freezing rain tomorrow and the high is around 3°C then later changing to some snow!  >:(

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: February 3, 2006, 09:46 PM »
I wouldn't worry too much.  I doubt it'll make your driving ability any worse than it already is.  ;D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: February 4, 2006, 10:32 PM »
Bite me Jesse!  :P

Well it looks like we dodged the rain & snow here, just a few drops of rain earlier today but that was it.  ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: February 6, 2006, 12:20 AM »
Been a ****** winter here.  Warmer than usual, but not like the other two buttheads have had.  Everyone here is happy, but **** it's made the highways straight from hell.  Freezing rain lots of days, above freezing during the day, but frozen for morning and afternoon commutes ::)  Driving death count is up pretty badly around here :-\

Last couple of weeks have been really cool though temperature wise, almost normal like (i.e. ******* cold). 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #788 on: February 6, 2006, 12:21 AM »
Its finally been cold here as well.  This is the first winter since 1990 or 1991 that it wasn't below 0 oF in January.  Its been close 2 or 3 times so far this month

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #789 on: February 6, 2006, 01:13 AM »
The weather is EVERYTHING it should be for a Pittsburgh Super Bowl Win.  :)  Just in time too, we were in the 40's and 50's just a day or two ago.

With all the stuff like Wind Chill it was a frigid 11 degrees tonight as people were running (many partially nude) in the streets celebrating.  :)  At least we got these Terrible Towel's to keep us warm baby! 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #790 on: February 10, 2006, 01:52 AM »
It snowed a little bit here today. It's the first time that's happened since early January.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: February 10, 2006, 04:16 AM »
typical mid 70's daytime for a couple hours/ at nite high 20's to low 30's(high desert). I think I even seen a few lizards out on rocks today getting a midwinter wake-up midday sun-soaking.

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: February 10, 2006, 10:14 AM »
Here in San Antonio, it is has been a very comfortable 60-70 degrees all winter.  My electric bill came in this week, only $113!  Whoo-hoo!

There is a freeze expected this weekend.  Probably only the 2nd this year.
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: February 10, 2006, 05:37 PM »
It's been above 70F for the last four days in my area of the Bay...er...Area, even warmer in the city (SF).
I guess it's nice, but I like rain and cool weather, so I feel I'm being cheated out of winter. However, when it rains on the weekend it prevents us from going to the park or some other such outdoorsy area to get the 2-year old some exercise. A cooped up 2-year old is so not fun.

More "nice" weather for the weekend, too.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: February 10, 2006, 05:46 PM »
It's been in the mid to upper 60's and sunny for the most part here.  Over the course of the past two days it has gotten cooler and windier.  Just this morning they mentioned "a slight possibility of a few flurries".  Now they are talking about a rain/snow mix over night and all day tomorrow depending on where you live.  We're right on the line of "significant accumulation" and a mix.  Though in NC a "significant accumulation" is anywhere from 1-3" ::)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 05:48 PM by tamidala »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(