Author Topic: How's the weather?  (Read 209934 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: How's the weather?
« Reply #825 on: February 28, 2006, 10:19 PM »
Meh, winter came in like a lamb & it's going out like a lion. I would say we had maybe 2 weeks winter here thus far.  :P

BTW, I just finished shoveling my walk for the 3rd time since I got home... all 12' of it.  :-*

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 1, 2006, 10:14 PM »
That was a nice snow dump in under 24 hrs. We got 30 centimeters so around a foot of this fluffy stuff. I left a 1/2 hour early for work & got there the same time I normally do.

The main roads got better later in the day but the side streets is just like driving on mashed potatoes. It will stay cool for a couple more days then back above zero we go again and rain is in the forecast thus far for next week.  ::)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 19, 2006, 03:16 PM »
Boy did we get a dump of snow from Friday night till yesterday. More than 18 centimetres of snow fell here so about 7 inches. What a mess, vehicles are getting stuck, lots to shovel & more icicles hanging of the roof. I had to call the manager to get the snow & ice removed from the roof, we have a bit of water coming in the window area, not much but best to get it done.

Warming up in the next few days with temps just above & below zero. Going to be a mess.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 19, 2006, 03:18 PM »
It's pouring here - for only about the second time in the last 5 months.  It's great. 

Offline Loopy_Leia

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 19, 2006, 11:45 PM »
It's been an odd winter here in Maine.  Unseasonably warm in fact.  We haven't really had much snow since I moved up here in September.  We did have a white Christmas and a few little storms here and there but that was it, no real significant amount.  I know when I've been up here in the past there's been 2-3 ft of snow on the ground.

I am sort of wondering what the spring and summer are going to be like now.  Think we'll have a bad one?  Lots of storms? I hope not!!!!!

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: March 20, 2006, 11:26 AM »
Its the first day of Spring. The birds are huddled to keep warm, the sound of snow plow blades dancing in the air. The current condition in Colorado Springs..18 degrees, cloudy and snowing with about an inch on the ground and more on the way.
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #831 on: March 20, 2006, 01:40 PM »
Its the first day of Spring. The birds are huddled to keep warm, the sound of snow plow blades dancing in the air. The current condition in Colorado Springs..18 degrees, cloudy and snowing with about an inch on the ground and more on the way.

Try it up north in Collins man. 21 Degrees normal with windchill its 8.

Sucks real bad, and today is my first day of Spring break >:(. We have had snow all night and its still going. Last night on the way to and from Youth Group there were people spinning out like crazy. The snow is so dense its like driving through standing water the entire way, basicaly a hydroplane trip. ;D :o
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 01:41 PM by Smartypants1635 »

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 20, 2006, 02:03 PM »
Just a few days ago it was 83 and sunny.  The Cherry Blossoms were blooming, we've mowed the lawn twice, have even needed to water it.  Today -- 36 and sleet mixed with snow :o.  The first winter precip. we've had all year ???  Not one local weatherman even mentioned it until about an hour after it started coming down.  Things are starting to get a thin covering of ice >:(
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: March 20, 2006, 02:53 PM »
Yup. . .I was at an event here at work talking to someone about needing to go ahead and the first lawn mow of the season in this week. . .came out of the building and was confronted by fat, wet, gobby snowflakes pouring down.

Friggin' weather.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: March 20, 2006, 04:31 PM »
Right now it's -4°C with a bit of a breeze. I just spent over an hour digging my truck out in the parking lot, damn **** is wet & heavy. Still forecasting warmer days ahead, going to be slush city.

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #835 on: March 20, 2006, 04:39 PM »
 8)

Warm & Sunny down here! We didn't get much of a Winter. (but we NEVER do...) Good time to visit Disney World, before it gets too hot.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #836 on: March 20, 2006, 05:06 PM »
We didn't get much of a Winter. (but we NEVER do...)

Yeah, but it's not Winter you Floridians have to watch out for... it's that nasty fifth season - "Hurricane Season".    :-\

I'll take an 18" Snowstorm over a 160 MPH Hurricane any day...  :-X
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #837 on: March 20, 2006, 07:48 PM »
We didn't get much of a Winter. (but we NEVER do...)

Yeah, but it's not Winter you Floridians have to watch out for... it's that nasty fifth season - "Hurricane Season".    :-\

I'll take an 18" Snowstorm over a 160 MPH Hurricane any day...  :-X

...chicken... :-*

(Most that hit our area so far are 120 ish.)

Yes, the price we pay for the good times is a hefty one. :P

Surely my reply to this thread will change later this year. :-\

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 24, 2006, 10:23 AM »
This pic is from the Monday before last of my backyard.  Hopefully no more massive snowfall for MN.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: April 7, 2006, 07:15 PM »
We've got some serious storms rolling though Nashville right now. I just drove home from work in the worst weather I have ever seen. They've just bumped up the number of dead from 2 to 8 from a tornado, and it sounds like the worst is still yet to come. Should be a fun night tonight  :-\