Author Topic: How's the weather?  (Read 211230 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: How's the weather?
« Reply #885 on: July 5, 2006, 04:17 PM »
Yeah, warm here too and we're just starting to climb even more now, above 30 C for the coming week and no rain in sight.  After two years of well above average rainfall we were really dry in June, getting less than an inch when we normally get about four inches in that month. 

It's great. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: July 6, 2006, 01:15 AM »
Yeah, hope you like the weather ya bum, it's after 11:00pm here & it's 24°C. Beer's flowing good tho.  ;)

Funny, I was talking to a friend a couple hours ago, he got back from a 5 week tour of Thailand. This is mild he said, humidity was 100% plus the temp was like this at 4am. ******!  :P

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: July 22, 2006, 05:41 PM »
We're back into the heat wave again, yesterday it got to 30°C & right now it's 35°C. Nice but it doesn't make moving any fun but at least the house has central air containing which I really enjoy.  ;D

Gonna be warm all week till Friday then they are forecasting rain which we really need, still to damn dry. All over the city the grass is turning brown & the flowers are not looking very good.  :-\

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: July 22, 2006, 09:31 PM »
6:30pm and we're sitting at 35oC (95oF).  And we're supposed to hit 39oC (102oF) tomorrow.  Even my upper lip sweats.  ;)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: July 23, 2006, 07:29 PM »
33°C, feels like 37°C. Hardly a breeze outside, pass the BBQ sauce!

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: July 24, 2006, 11:51 AM »
It was 102F (39C) on Saturday, with a low of 72F (22C). On Sunday, it was 104F (40C) with a low of 74F (23C). No air-conditioning. It was unbearable. The house never cooled below 84F (29C) at night, but probably was warmer because that's as high as our thermostat goes. The girls (includes the wife :P) were cranky because of not sleeping well at night, so taking them anywhere for any extended period of time was tough. They slept well in their carseats in the van, though.

I'm still searching for someone to blame for this heat, but my rational mind can't find anyone.

Supposed to be 97F (36C) today, but cool considerably tomorrow (88F - 31C), and the rest of the week. I'll believe it when it happens.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #891 on: July 26, 2006, 01:13 AM »
It's been over 100 degrees, and on up to 113, here for damned near a month now.  I feel like I'm living in Phoenix.  In a neighboring city (Woodland Hills), they broke a couple records, one of which was being over 100 degrees for like 20 straight days, and the other was the 119 they hit a few days ago.  I'm sick of this freakin' heat.  Can't even go figure hunting without my finds melting in the car.  Seriously, if I find stuff and keep it in the car, the bubbles will literally melt within an hour.  Sucks.

To hot to go outside, too hot to stay inside if you don't have major air conditioning blowing, too hot to think straight, too hot to sleep, just too damned hot.  We even had a pretty bitchin' lightning storm in L.A. during my entire drive back up from San Diego a couple days ago.  Weird.  No rain though.  Just heat, and lightning, and of course fires everywhere, as usual...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: July 26, 2006, 01:58 AM »
It cooled off here today, just before lunch the floodgates opened up for 10 mins. It was a heavy downpour but it's so dry that it did nothing. Later in the afternoon the wind picked up & it poured again, going home the drains were backed up on some streets.

A tornado watch was in effect for the city & surrounding area, it got very muggy after the rain.

Yep, it was too hot inside & out & sleep... what the hell is that! 3-4 hours just isn't enough.   :-\

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #893 on: July 26, 2006, 06:53 AM »
it's hot as hell here

it hasn't been so hot since summer 2003 when thousands of elderly died form the heat

36°C. in Paris
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: July 26, 2006, 01:33 PM »
-- pic removed by staff --

It's Hot.

A great pic, no doubt, but let's keep them in the Hotties thread.  We don't want anyone getting busted at work...  ;)  Jesse
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 03:39 AM by JesseVader08 »
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #895 on: July 27, 2006, 05:47 AM »
It's hot and the kids are back in football...  I weep for them as it's gonna be in the 90's and opressively humid next week early and they practice full pads next week.  Ugh... 

And my AC won't work in my car goddammit.  >:(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #896 on: October 9, 2006, 11:32 AM »
I guess it was only a matter of time now that we're in October...  MN forecast calls for 40oF for a high with a chance of snow flurries on Wednesday & Thursday.   :-X

Not ready for the cold yet, so I'll just hope it's one of those "over-reacting weatherman" times...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: October 9, 2006, 01:25 PM »
I guess it was only a matter of time now that we're in October...  MN forecast calls for 40oF for a high with a chance of snow flurries on Wednesday & Thursday.   :-X

Not ready for the cold yet, so I'll just hope it's one of those "over-reacting weatherman" times...

Sucker!
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: October 9, 2006, 09:09 PM »

Same forecast we have pretty much.  Last couple of years though you guys seem to have been almost worse than us and if that ain't screwed up, I don't know what is.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: October 9, 2006, 09:26 PM »
Gadzooks! I just checked our local forecast!  >:(

Tuesday Morning: Light snow . 80%.
Tuesday Afternoon: Cloudy with showers. 40%. 

Damn too ******* early for the white stuff!  :-\

Oh well, at least it will move east...  :P