Author Topic: How's the weather?  (Read 211460 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: How's the weather?
« Reply #1065 on: February 4, 2007, 12:53 AM »
My wife is in Saskatoon this weekend - the temperature? -26C

I'm in Kelowna.  The temp?  -4C.

I think she'll remember one of the reasons we moved.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: February 4, 2007, 12:57 AM »
Saskawho?

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: February 4, 2007, 01:20 AM »
Saskawhy?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: February 4, 2007, 04:07 PM »
Couldn't post it last night because the connection was down.  So apparently there is a lower limit to cable internet connectivity relative to outside temperature.

We did it ;D

-50 C with the windchill (yessiree, that's -58 F).  Next goal is to break -60 F.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: February 4, 2007, 09:14 PM »
 :o WOW! That's some serious Freezing! Right now we have 18F with 30 to 40 mph winds making it -25F :P.Tomorrow a high of 9 and a low of 0,and still 30 to 40 mph winds.I wonder how much gas I could save if I had one of those wind rider go carts ???
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: February 4, 2007, 09:36 PM »
Wow, it seems downright balmy in the NY metro area at 15 degrees fahrenheit.

But -58 F, huh?  DAMN.  The lowest I ever dealt with was -28 F with no windchill.  That physically hurts.  A lot.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: February 5, 2007, 01:56 AM »
I know it's repetetive, but damn, this is just so sick it's funny. 

Currently -37C/-47C with the windchill.  The forecast high for tomorrow is a balmy -28 C.  Stoopid place to live. 

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: February 5, 2007, 04:03 AM »
Currently -37C/-47C with the windchill.  The forecast high for tomorrow is a balmy -28 C.  Stoopid place to live. 

I hear BC is looking for entomologists.  ;D

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: February 5, 2007, 08:46 AM »
-37oF with the wind chill in Chicago this morning...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: February 5, 2007, 08:54 AM »
 :oWow! we have 2F with a lite coating of snow.The joy! Too cold to be out on my birthday today! >:( :P
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: February 5, 2007, 10:42 AM »

I hear BC is looking for entomologists.  ;D

Yeah, at 50% of the pay that I get here.  No thanks, living in abject poverty isn't preferable to the cold.  Besides, those housing prices really aren't appealing.

In other news, a lovely -40C without the windchill this morning.  You know that sensor that tells you the outside temperature that's in your car?  Yeah, our's doesn't register that low.  It stopped working.  The compass still works but the temperature shows as - - -  LOL.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1076 on: February 5, 2007, 10:56 AM »
We had -18F this morning, been that way most of the weekend where I don't think it got above 0.  Should be warming through the week with a high on Friday of around 10F

I can remember 2 times (once in 1994 and once in 1996) where school was canceled because of cold.  Both times the wind chill was around -80F.  There were reports in 1994 of -100F wind chill around where I went for my first two years of college (out on the MN prairie...much like Winnipeg).  This was on the old windchill scales though

We were not allowed to go outside (even to food service) nobodys car started for like 5 days...it was damn damn cold.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: February 5, 2007, 11:19 AM »
Yeah, 94 and 96 were really cold.  1996 we were one day short of the longest winter ever (measured by the amount of snowfall on the ground).  We went from sometime mid-October until into May with snow on the ground, it was bloody awful.  January/February that year were pretty rough too, we had a stretch where the high temperature didn't break -30 C for a period of nearly 30 days as well, which wasn't a record. 

You guys are getting really hammered in MN as well from what I can see on the weather channel.  Grand Forks/Fargo are usually pretty cold anyway, but there's a breaking point somewhere between Fargo and Minneapolis where even if it's cold in Fargo, the Cities are still not that bad.  Not right now though.

Our forecast is better for later in the week, but I've seen that trick before too.  Right now they're only issuing windchill warnings on a day to day basis.  They started Friday and only mentioned Saturday.  Now they're talking about Tuesday.  This too shall pass.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1078 on: February 5, 2007, 12:01 PM »
We had -18F this morning, been that way most of the weekend where I don't think it got above 0.

Yeah, still bone chilling cold this AM.  The car thermometer was reading -13oF on the way to work, and that's before the Windchill. 

We were supposed to take the little dudes to get 7-month pictures yesterday morning, but we cancelled our appointment because we just didn't want to take the risk of bringing them out into the ubercold and driving to the mall...  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #1079 on: February 5, 2007, 12:11 PM »
It's 45 F here right now--supposed to get up to around 60 later in the day. 

I'll be sure to think of you guys in Canasota when I'm out jogging in my Richard Simmons short-shorts this evening. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."