Author Topic: How's the weather?  (Read 209921 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: How's the weather?
« Reply #1110 on: February 23, 2007, 01:59 PM »
I've seen reports that we're due 12"-18" of snow through Sunday...I should go out and take a pic of our bare driveway to give a comparison to what actually happens

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: February 23, 2007, 02:54 PM »
I didn't get a chance to post our weather report yesterday, we were too playing outside enjoying the sunny, 75 degree afternoon. :)  Big change from last week when it was sleeting and windy as hell and in the mid-30s.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: February 23, 2007, 03:02 PM »
I've seen reports that we're due 12"-18" of snow through Sunday...I should go out and take a pic of our bare driveway to give a comparison to what actually happens

I'm hoping you keep that crap down there too.  Jeez, we warmed up finally five days ago and it's snowed every day except one ::)  Our forecast is for only about 6" of snow but it's not like they have a clue.  Thankfully we only got a little this morning. 

I'll tell you though, I prefer -30 to this stuff, it's way, way easier to drive. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: February 24, 2007, 09:50 AM »
That sleet we got overnight sounded like someone throwing sand at the window for 6 hours straight. It is a b**** to get off the driveway as well. Looking at the radar, the snow should start anytime, with 10-12 on the way. Maybe the kids will get to go sledding again after all.

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: February 24, 2007, 10:51 AM »
That sleet we got overnight sounded like someone throwing sand at the window for 6 hours straight. It is a b**** to get off the driveway as well. Looking at the radar, the snow should start anytime, with 10-12 on the way. Maybe the kids will get to go sledding again after all.

we got a bit of sleet, too, but there's just a light dusting on the drive at the moment. Are we just going to get dumped on??

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: February 24, 2007, 12:07 PM »

we got a bit of sleet, too, but there's just a light dusting on the drive at the moment. Are we just going to get dumped on??

If you haven't tried to shovel it, it is like sand with glue mixed. At least at my moms place in Northeast it was sucked. I'm leaving my driveway til later when we get the real snow and I can drag out the snowblower.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: February 24, 2007, 05:11 PM »
Severe wind warnings in Dallas today - we're having a bit of a dust storm it seems.  It looks like Afghanistan outside.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1117 on: February 24, 2007, 11:18 PM »
Iowa's seeing a hell of a winter storm now, as it has since Friday afternoon. It's the first time in a very long time I've heard the DOT say travel is not advised.

My folks, who live ten miles away, and some other family that lives in the same city I do are without power, as are about 130,000 people in the state. I'm not sure how much longer I'll have power.

Now that the rain has turned to snow, it's expected that 6 to 12" of the **** will fall by Monday morning. It's a pretty terrible weekend. I couldn't even leave my apartment all day, since my garage door was frozen shut since it faced the wind and rain all night.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: February 25, 2007, 01:00 AM »
 ::) I can offically say that I'm very, very,sick of winter :P It's been freezing rain since 6:00pm. >:( As far as I'm concerned it can knock it off!
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: February 25, 2007, 10:13 AM »
Just got done digging out from about 10" here (Minneapolis). 3-5 more on the way.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 10:13 AM by Bob Dylan SW fan »

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: February 25, 2007, 10:35 AM »
Seems like we got closer to 12". I shoveled the drive yesterday, but our neighbor came over this morning to blow it.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: February 25, 2007, 01:49 PM »
Severe wind warnings in Dallas today - we're having a bit of a dust storm it seems.  It looks like Afghanistan outside.

Pics?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: February 25, 2007, 01:56 PM »
Our blizzard turned into a quick snow then gone in about 4 hours. Just cold today with warm up on the way but as usaul cold soon to follow.
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: February 25, 2007, 03:23 PM »
Just Rain here.followed  by snow flurries in the morning :-\ We have giant swamps in the back yard.Let's see if I can find Yoda :P
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1124 on: February 25, 2007, 03:37 PM »
I'd say we got around 7-8" total over the weekend.  Even last night they were saying we'd still get 20"+ at the NWS which is where every newscast gets their forecasts.  There were a fews spots that did get over 15", that was few and far between.