Author Topic: How's the weather?  (Read 209976 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: How's the weather?
« Reply #1245 on: November 19, 2007, 02:13 PM »
Snowed yesterday and this week is the first week in the fall when the forecast temperatures won't climb above freezing for the whole week :-\  Winter has arrived, it would appear. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: November 19, 2007, 03:05 PM »
I stayed in the upper 80's with a few days in the 90's until nearly the end of October.  We've had a couple of nights where we've had frost -- and a few chilly/windy days.  Today it's sunny and 70 again.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: November 20, 2007, 10:44 AM »
Was almost 80 yesterday and I played ball last night and it was still 70 outside.  Today, should get in the low 80's and tomorrow we'll actually see fall show up as the temp starts dipping from 65 and should be about 40 by the evening.

Gotta love Texas weather.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Loopy_Leia

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: November 20, 2007, 09:28 PM »
I've been dreading winter in a way.  I drive 35-40 minutes to and from work 4 days a week.  I love snow but I don't like to drive in it.  Well, the last couple of days have been like being in a snow globe.  It snowed heavily yesterday and THANK GOD it did not stick.  It snowed today and stuck to the ground but not so much to the road which is very good. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1249 on: November 20, 2007, 09:45 PM »
I'm flying back to Colorado early Thursday morning to spend Thanksgiving with my wife and some friends...I'm hoping the forecasted storm hitting Denver isn't as bad as predicted and the travel delays aren't too bad.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: November 20, 2007, 09:57 PM »
Snowed yesterday and this week is the first week in the fall when the forecast temperatures won't climb above freezing for the whole week :-\  Winter has arrived, it would appear. 

Welcome to winter bug!  :-*

We had some snow today, cool right now at -8°C. Were staying below zero too for the week.  :P

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: November 26, 2007, 08:29 PM »
Yep, were staying below zero. More like -16°C for the day high & -22°C for the low. We had some snow last night & more coming tonight & tomorrow. The winds we have been having makes it feel like -26°C or colder.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: November 26, 2007, 10:08 PM »
Yep, were staying below zero. More like -16°C for the day high & -22°C for the low. We had some snow last night & more coming tonight & tomorrow. The winds we have been having makes it feel like -26°C or colder.

Holy crap that's cold for November.  Where the heck are you?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: November 26, 2007, 10:37 PM »
In some place called Canada. Looking at the map below, I am in the 2nd provence from the left, Alberta in Edmonton. North America's northernmost city with a metropolitan population over 1,000,000. The 1st provence from the left is British Columbia, that is where Jesse (JesseVader) is located & not far from Kamloops. Now the 4th provence from the left is Manitoba & that is where we find Brent (Morgbug) not far from Winnipeg.

We also have the largest mall in North America.  ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: November 26, 2007, 11:26 PM »
Not far from?  Hell, I'm sitting on the Western boundary of the damn place and inside that boundary. 

And yeah, the weather sucks ****.  Four straight days of snow (pretty light, fluffy stuff, so not horrible) and tonight the temperature dropped like a stone. And you fancy pants Edmontonians don't know **** about the wind, what with all those freakish hills you've got. It's    -21 C right now, feeling like -31 C with the wind.  Forecast for next couple of days is for windchills in the mid -30s ::)

Of course the forecast is almost to freezing by Saturday, but a five day forecast is a load of **** anyway >:(  All the morons hoping for it to snow because it was too grey and dull should be happy now.  I always try to explain albedo to them (yo, dumbass, when ground all white, no absorby heaty) but what's the ******* point. 

Oh yeah, when I'm cold, I swear more.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: November 27, 2007, 12:01 AM »
We have hills? I sure like to know were the **** they are & I don't count the river valley as hills.  :P

As for the wind, yeah we have our fair share Sir Bug. For the past few years it has been getting windy up here, feels like were in Lethbridge. The big windstorm around mid Nov did some damage, up rooted trees, knocked power out... kinda went your way too.  :-*

High-speed winds whip across Prairies

OK, so how's aboot you 2 are closer to the US border than I am... eh!  :P

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: November 27, 2007, 01:49 AM »
We've got our first snow flying today, but we're escaping the cold weather so far.  Damn, I do NOT miss those -30 windchill days.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: November 27, 2007, 12:23 PM »

Of course the forecast is almost to freezing by Saturday, but a five day forecast is a load of **** anyway >:( 

So checking the forecast for Saturday this morning, it seems there was a wee bit of a revision ::)  Rather than making it almost to 0 C (32F) it's going to make it to -18 C (0 F).  Buncha ******' rocket scientists they are. 

As for those River valleys Dale, I count them as hills.  Our river valleys don't change our topography to that degree.  I know you're still prairie regardless and you are one hell of a lot further north. 

Anyway, it's only -22 C here right now as the wind has dropped since this morning though they say it'll start back up again later and then start snowing too.  Yippee >:(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: November 30, 2007, 03:43 PM »
It was frickin' cold this am.  The car whined a bit before turning over and then as a sure sign it's really freaking cold out, the RPMs shot up again about 45 minutes into my drive.  That means the engine isn't generating enough heat on it's own to counter the cold air flowing over it :o  Bloody -36 with the windchill.  Weekend is nicer but snow forecast for both days ::)  yay, more shoveling. 

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: December 2, 2007, 07:02 PM »
Warming up yet Brent?

Sitting at -19°C with a wind chill of -28C & going down to -30C tonight. As for the long range forecast, meh. Nothing like a roller coaster ride. Up, down, up... oh yeah, more snow. Whoop!