Author Topic: How's the weather?  (Read 209901 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Snow!
« Reply #75 on: November 5, 2003, 02:26 AM »
Well, it was pretty much snowing ashes out here the last couple weeks.  Does that count?

It has dropped about 50 degrees since those terrible fire days.  It was a good 100 degrees that Wednesday, then we all woke up the next morning to a chilly 50 degrees.  Pretty impressive swing in just about 16 hours or so.  Been very cold ever since, and we had a good amount of rain over the weekend as well (which certainly was a contributing factor in finally getting all the fires completely extenguished)...   8)

Brrr...   :-\  (yeah, I know - us SoCal'ers are sissies for thinking that 50 degrees is freezing cold... ::))

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 5, 2003, 10:46 AM »
It's the same.  I know people that live in Arizona where it's about 120 degrees for awhile.  Then a month or 2 later it's 70 degrees for the high and in the 50s at night.  I know one friend that puts their heater on when it's in the 50's there.  That sounds funny to me since I'm in Illinois where it may once in a rare while go a bit over 100.  If you think about that's a drastic temp change if you are used to near 120 and then it's in the 50's at night.  

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 5, 2003, 01:59 PM »
Snow! Blah! I think some of you know how much I hate it! It's nice for Christmas but thats about it.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #78 on: November 5, 2003, 02:49 PM »
Here in Seattle we've been waking up to temperatures below freezing in the morning, but none of our characteristic rain to turn into snow for us!

Darnit. I know you are all sick of your snow, but I want some!
Got Clones?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 5, 2003, 10:53 PM »

Brrr...   :-\  (yeah, I know - us SoCal'ers are sissies for thinking that 50 degrees is freezing cold... ::))

Heh, you brought a smile to my face, Matt.  

I was down in San Diego back in 2001.  Got in around noon on a day in early December.  Left home it was maybe -10F, got to SD it was around 60 or 65 F.  Get to the hotel, check in, head out toy hunting.  

I'm walking through the outdoor Mall just south of the STadium and people are looking at me like I'm a loon while I'm looking at them like they're nuts.  I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt, they're wearing leather jackets, touques and gloves.   Guess it's all what you get used to.  

The other thing I noticed was a complete lack of gravity :o
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 5, 2003, 11:34 PM »
Mid 80's down here in Texas, but it's expected to get around 60 by Friday.

Send some snow our way! :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2003, 11:29 AM »
Got almost 12" yesterday and today.  I had to shovel twice...lots of fun :-*

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2003, 11:38 AM »
Less than an inch up here but it is ******* cold.  -22 C with a wind chill making it feel like -39 C  (For our American friends, the celsius scale is wacked until you hit -40 when it doesn't matter whether it is Farenheit or Celsius).  

Brrrrrrrrrr

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2003, 11:49 AM »
A little to cold for ya Brent!  ;D  Right now it' -17°C & going up to a balmy -9°C. May have to light the BBQ up!  ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2003, 12:42 PM »
Yep, too cold for me.  I actually broke out the ski jacket and put away the leather jacket this morning.  Shed a tear when I did that.  

-9 is fine for the BBQ.  The contrast of heat and cold when it's like it is around here right now makes me worry the Q will shatter  :o

Guess I better go buy some toys to warm me up :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2003, 01:10 PM »
It's cold and blowing here. It's not -9, but it's still cold enough for me.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2003, 02:49 PM »
2 feet plus from last Friday to Sunday.  Needless to say, I laid on my ass all weekend.  

Now the problem is, we have nowhere to put this ****.  Boston used to dump all their snow into the harbor, but they can't do that anymore.  Now everything's piled up into big snowbanks - 8 feet high in some cases.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2003, 03:26 PM »
2 feet plus from last Friday to Sunday.  Needless to say, I laid on my ass all weekend.  

Now the problem is, we have nowhere to put this ****.  Boston used to dump all their snow into the harbor, but they can't do that anymore.  Now everything's piled up into big snowbanks - 8 feet high in some cases.

Its nice to know that you folks closer to Boston finally got a dose of what I deal with every year. Fortuneately we only got about 15" out of this one, but it is still early.  Enjoy ;D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2004, 02:17 PM »
Update...1" on the ground, low 20's for highs (oF of course Canuckians), single digits for lows...we were really cold last week, but not as gold as New England the last few weeks

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2004, 02:27 PM »
Ha, its 7°C here. Sweet! According to the Winterpeg forecast, Brent should be in the woods of -12°C with some snow & this weather I'm getting does not look like its moving his way!  :-\