Author Topic: How's the weather?  (Read 209942 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: How's the weather?
« Reply #1380 on: October 28, 2008, 10:03 PM »
Yes cold morning in the Cities, but I still braved the 30s and dark to ride the bike to work!  ;D

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: October 28, 2008, 10:28 PM »
Yes cold morning in the Cities, but I still braved the 30s and dark to ride the bike to work!  ;D

I hope you rode on the sidewalk.  I'm sick and tired of seeing bikers who think they're cars. 

Doesn't float in my boat.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: October 28, 2008, 11:18 PM »

I hope you rode on the sidewalk.  I'm sick and tired of seeing bikers who think they're cars. 

There are paths around one of the lakes but some of the route is along the road, which is fine since there are lanes designated for bikes. I'm tired of drivers who don't pay any attention to bikes or block the crosswalks so that I have to go around them into traffic in order to cross the road. Last week I almost had a school bus hit me as I was crossing the road and he was turning right (I had the right of way).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: November 5, 2008, 10:47 PM »
Winter storm warning for the next couple of days.  4-6 inches of snow, some freezing rain, ice pellets (yeah, I don't know the difference there either) and temps down to the teens (F). 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: November 5, 2008, 11:22 PM »
Must suck to live in Canadasota Brent (still not sure).  We had a very nice Indian Summer these past few days, but snow is a coming Friday into Saturday.  fun!  : (  Glad I own an suv now so at least I can drive like an *******.  Hopefully I won't run down any bikers like Stevey (kidding) - nice to bike to work and what not, but I'm still not liking these bikers who think they're cars.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: November 5, 2008, 11:32 PM »
I live near Phoenix, AZ.  It turned very cold today.  The high was only in the lower 70's.  Brrrr!  Crank out the blue jeans and long sleeve shirts. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: November 6, 2008, 11:19 AM »
Canadasota

Huh, I always thought of it as Minnekanada. 

Miserable right now, but still just dark and rain.  Three days ago it was 60F out there, now it's 34F with rain and wind gusts to 40 mph.  Blech.  Supposed to go colder tonight and then the rain starts turning to ice and then to snow. 

Sounds like you guys will get the tail end of the same system we're seeing.  Stoopid Colorado low meets cold arctic (or as I prefer to call it, Alaskan) air.  Lots of moisture and lots of cold.  Ick. 

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: November 11, 2008, 08:38 AM »
It never fails on Remembrance Day, it always snows & that we got. Not really cold out, sitting around freezing. I shoveled the walks & the snow is wet & heavy, about a 2 or 3 inches of the stuff. The snow looks nice & fluffy but to damn early for me.  :P

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: November 12, 2008, 09:52 AM »
I was lucky to make it home in time before the freezing rain hit, -3°C & ******* rain.  ::)

Then the temp goes up to 7°C today but not until we get more freezing rain. Oh well, enjoy scraping the vehicles windows ya day shift bums.  :P

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #1389 on: November 18, 2008, 01:57 PM »
It's shake n bake in San Diego. record highs in the 90's and small earth quakes.
He's no good to me open

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: November 18, 2008, 02:07 PM »
Here in Albany, NY its 29 and we've got flurries.  I guess there was some places that got some flurries yesterday, but I didn't notice any flakes.  Its been really clear the last couple nights, and I even saw a shooting star on monday morning (is it time for the Persieds?, or is it Leonids?)
I am not the Stig

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1391 on: November 18, 2008, 04:22 PM »
Snow last week, near 80 degrees today.  I love Colorado Springs.   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: December 13, 2008, 09:04 AM »
What a difference 24 hours make. Yesterday when I got home from work it was around -2°C & I cleaned up the walks around the house & the garage pad. This morning it's sitting at -24°C with a slight breeze making it like -37°C. We are in a deep freeze for the week, highs from the mid teens to -25°C & lows from -22°C to -30°C.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: December 13, 2008, 09:21 PM »
We got hit with 6 to 8 inches of snow in the last 24 hours.  My daughter is going nuts sliding around with her new toboggan.  :D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: December 14, 2008, 12:56 AM »
We've had about 6-8" of snow in the last week, not 24 hours. 

But it is noteworthy that we are under the first windchill warning of the season.  -48 C (which is about -50F as celsius and fahrenheit equal out at -40) overnight and ya know, it's kinda cold out there.  Ice crystals hanging in the air and all that fun stuff.  It's not the cold, it's the wind that kills you.  Yeesh.  Actual overnight low is only around -31 C, so probably -25F or so.  Balmy but for the wind. 

Oh yeah, blizzard warning in effect for the area too, but that's just snow. ::)