Author Topic: How's the weather?  (Read 209896 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: How's the weather?
« Reply #1500 on: February 12, 2009, 01:34 AM »
Glad to see you're still standing Matt.

We have what you guys had, right now.  92 mph gusts were reported at the airport down in the city.  The valley where my gf lives got a huge gust, but fortunately we didn't even lose power at her place or mine, so we're lucky.  I'm listening to the police scanner all night...  There's like a dozen fires going right now just in my scanning area, and there's lines/trees down all over.  Some counties got possible tornado warnings/watches and they were telling some folks earlier in the evening in one area to get to safe parts of their houses.  Dunno if anything happened though or not. 

That gust that hit near my gf's place though, had me battening down the hatches.  It shook the house and the chandalier was swaying from it.  That was kind of shocking.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #1501 on: February 12, 2009, 02:02 AM »
Glad to see you're still standing Matt.

Me too!  Glad I'm okay, glad you're okay.

Yesterday was the closest I've come to having to take "emergency precautions," as they say, in many, many, many years.  Hope it's not a sign of things to come.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1502 on: February 12, 2009, 02:28 AM »
We usually dont' get tornadoes here due to the hills.  Once they get out of Ohio/WV they usually are broken up, but the wind does a number around here pretty often.  Up North closer to Erie and things can get the twisters though because it's noticeably flatter...  They get all the really ****** weather up that way it seems.

It's freakishly warm here today...  I think it was 65 or something.  I drove with the top down this afternoon even.  It was kinda creepy almost because it really felt like the proverbial "calm before the storm".  Crazy weather.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: February 26, 2009, 12:40 PM »
Rumor is that we are getting hit with anywhere from 3-4 to 8-10 inches of snow here. First they said it would hit on Wednesday night, then it was that it would hit during/just after morning rush hour. Here it is nearly noon and nothing.

Meteorologist = The only job that you can be wrong 90% of the time and still keep your job.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: February 26, 2009, 12:43 PM »

Meteorologist = The only job that you can be wrong 90% of the time and still keep your job.

They were having a really hilarious conversation about that one morning on "Mike and Mike in the Morning" on ESPN.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: February 26, 2009, 02:06 PM »
Rumor is that we are getting hit with anywhere from 3-4 to 8-10 inches of snow here. First they said it would hit on Wednesday night, then it was that it would hit during/just after morning rush hour. Here it is nearly noon and nothing.

We received about four inches of snow a couple of days ago.  But it got cold and shorted out any more falling.  Supposed to have received another bit last night, but it was too cold really, so mostly the wind just blew around what had already fallen.  Too cold, too cold. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: February 26, 2009, 06:24 PM »
snow??? winter is over... its 88F today.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: February 26, 2009, 09:23 PM »

Texas sounds good about right now.  Felt like a summer vacation when I visited last year around this time.  Stoopid snow and stoopid Canada.   >:(
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: February 26, 2009, 09:47 PM »

Texas sounds good about right now.  Felt like a summer vacation when I visited last year around this time.  Stoopid snow and stoopid Canada.   >:(

It's not us, it's Alaska.  That's yer problem.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: February 26, 2009, 11:28 PM »
I'm just giving ya **** Brent   :)  Texas was an amazing relief from this cold ass crap last year.  Padre Island = nice.   Hard to believe it can be so cold in some spots and how warm in the others.  Mexico was nice too - until I came back to all this snow.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: March 2, 2009, 08:25 AM »
Last week we had a few days in the upper 60s/low 70s.  Trees and flowers are started to pop here.  Then it rained all weekend and prompted flood warnings in our area.  Last night everything changed over to snow and we woke up to 6 inches of snow with a layer of ice underneath.  By Friday we're supposed be back up to 70 again. 
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: March 2, 2009, 01:28 PM »
We received a bunch of snow over the weekend, but now it's frickin' raining.  What an awful slippery mess.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: March 2, 2009, 01:43 PM »
It was cold here last week, hitting around the -30°C mark & with a wind, much colder plus we had a few days of frickin' snow. Nice now thus far, going up to -6°C today with the odd flurrie then ice pellets tonight followed by some more flurries. Ice pellets! Oh that's just ******* great!  ::)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1513 on: March 2, 2009, 02:04 PM »
It is sunny and calm and is supposed to be in the high 60s all week, and we might get as high as 70. We've had a few weeks where it was cold as **** here but for the most part it hasn't really felt like winter at all. We have hardly had any real snow around these parts. It looks like we may be headed towards another drought this summer 'round here. :-\
"This is the way."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: March 2, 2009, 03:45 PM »
It is sunny and calm and is supposed to be in the high 60s all week, and we might get as high as 70. We've had a few weeks where it was cold as **** here but for the most part it hasn't really felt like winter at all. We have hardly had any real snow around these parts. It looks like we may be headed towards another drought this summer 'round here. :-\

Must be nice in the middle of Winter in Colorado to have the temps be near 70.  >:(
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!