Author Topic: How's the weather?  (Read 211246 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: How's the weather?
« Reply #1515 on: March 5, 2009, 09:53 AM »
Yesterday went up to 5°C, nice as the snow just went see ya then last night after I got to work the temp dropped & the winds kicked up & snow. A great ******* drive on the way home this morning, drifting snow & you had no idea what lane you were in in places.

When I got home I had to shovel in front of the garage door from the drift & then shovel my way to the house. Then I spent a good 45 mins shoveling the rest & the wind was blowing & no damn place to put the snow except back in your face.  >:(

-14°C right now with a winter storm warning & maybe more snow up to 10cm & the wind blowing from 37 to 60km/h. Yeah, I look forward to the drive to work tonight!  ::)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1516 on: March 5, 2009, 02:49 PM »
60's here Friday and Saturday. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: March 7, 2009, 03:22 PM »
This morning started of ******, -10°C & blowing snow. The roads were a mess & it was pick a lane again to drive. When I got home it stopped snowing so I shoveled & cleaned up the garage pad with the snow blower but we still had a bit of wind so that snow was coming back in my face.  >:(

Now it's -2°C & quite nice out, ******* winter!  ::)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: March 10, 2009, 01:18 PM »
Yep, it's ******* cold. My thermometer in my back yard reads -34°C.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1519 on: March 10, 2009, 01:25 PM »
We are a bit warmer than that here today. It is 12° F (-11°C) with about an inch or two of snow. Just as we were starting to get used to the warm weather... ::)
"This is the way."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: March 10, 2009, 01:34 PM »
Rain on the drive in to work, saw flurries an hour ago, and now nothing. Some areas of MN could get up to 6" of snow.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: March 10, 2009, 01:41 PM »
We are a bit warmer than that here today.

A bit warmer, oy! Check this out...  ::)

Bunch of *******!  >:(

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: March 10, 2009, 01:42 PM »
It was raining out when I went out for lunch and then there were flurries as I was coming back to work.  Can't wait to see what Mother Nature has brewing for us later in the day.

...at least it ain't cold though, well not yet at least.   ::)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: March 10, 2009, 01:45 PM »
I'm getting tired of the 6" of snow one day and then the 45 degree weather the next day that melts all the snow and then I get water trickling across the floor in the basement.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: July 8, 2009, 09:21 PM »
I just got hit by really bad hail.  Some of them were as big as golf balls.  I'd guess somewhere around 200 dents on the car.  They're on every single panel except for the doors on the passenger side.  The windshield is cracked too.

Of all the things I could have done without right now...

« Last Edit: July 8, 2009, 11:24 PM by Rob »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: July 9, 2009, 03:15 AM »
That sucks Rob.  Hopefully your insurance makes it easy on you to get things repaired.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: July 9, 2009, 12:56 PM »
Thanks Jesse... here's some video my co-workers shot if anyone is curious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbI9lFgHiz0

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: July 9, 2009, 01:31 PM »
Dude! That is some **** hail storm! The insurance companies must have had the phones lines flooded! oy!

Been raining here the past few days & one night it came down for 20 mins with a vengeance. Tho a few weeks too late on the rain I'm afraid, the farmers are crying & it's not good. Nothing is growing in the fields & the farmers are ethier selling the cattle or feeding them the winter hay.  :-\

I had the garage flood a bit a couple of days ago, the bloody drain pipe at the back of the garage was smashed in by a driver by the looks of it & it was barely dripping water. I checked the pipe running down the side connected to the eavestrough & sure enough it was bursting with water. So I removed the elbow at the bottom & tried to open the pipe, when it opened a bit all hell broke loose as the water just ran out. Not only did I get soaked from the water running out, it was just raining like hell while I was trying to fix the problem. After a few cuts on my hand & dripping blood, yeah I tin-snipped the ******* pipe above the dent (wear gloves next time dummy) all was good.

Soaked like a drowned rat, I squeegeed out the garage & not a leak thus far. Tho when it does warm up, I have to remove the wall panels & check for any frame damage. The pipe repair will cost not even $25. but if the frame is damaged...  :-\

It's still raining here on & off & it's only 11°C. WTF!. Where's summer!  :-\

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: July 9, 2009, 01:39 PM »
Yep, I'm up the creek as far as getting this thing fixed fast.  State Farm has apparently has their 'catastrophe team'  dealing with this one.  They can't tell me anything about when I might be able to get in front of an adjuster.

I'm totally not going to be able to get it fixed until after the move, which sucks.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: July 9, 2009, 02:41 PM »
Does the local news channels make a bid deal out of any rain storm?   The local news channels around here freak out when it starts to rain. Their top story is "Storm Watch 09" when a little rain falls regardless of whatelse happens in the world.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours