Author Topic: How's the weather?  (Read 210929 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: How's the weather?
« Reply #1560 on: July 26, 2009, 06:53 PM »
Oh sure, blame Canada!   :P   :D

Just having fun with you guys...but seriously.     >:(    ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: August 2, 2009, 04:11 AM »
Shades of 2 weeks ago, another storm front hit here again & it came in fast. Wind, rain & hail in some areas. Not bad were I am, a piece of pottery outside blew over & broke & heavy rain, thunder & lightning but thats it. The temp got up to 29°C with a slight breeze. Being a long weekend here, lots of stuff going on. At the Heritage Festival, organizers ordered an evacuation at Hawrelak Park at 6pm as the storm blew in.

The worst was in Camrose at the Big Valley Jamboree not far from the city, a Counrty concert with many stars performing & hundreds attending the show. Not a good site there when the storm blew in.  :-\

One dead, 15 injured after stage collapses at Big Valley Jamboree

It's been a bad 2 weeks this year for storms.  :-\

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: October 8, 2009, 10:59 AM »
Well, how's the weather in your neck of the woods? Mines just ******* great, were sitting at -5°C & it's ******* snowing! 2 weeks ago, we broke a record of 33.5°C. Not really a great summer, sure we had some nice days but the lack of rain sure did not help. Lot's of brown lawns here.  :-\ 

God, I hate ******* winter.  >:(

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: October 8, 2009, 11:39 AM »
That sounds like fun.  We are digging in for a nasty late afternoon and night of rain.  It was cool in the 60's yesterday but cloudy, as it has been for most of the past three weeks.  We are due to get another round of rain today, tonight, and into the middle of the day tomorrow.  Hopefully we'll be rain free for a while.  I live in TX for a reason...I like being outside and not wet.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: October 9, 2009, 11:42 PM »
Well, how's the weather in your neck of the woods? Mines just ******* great, were sitting at -5°C & it's ******* snowing! 2 weeks ago, we broke a record of 33.5°C. Not really a great summer, sure we had some nice days but the lack of rain sure did not help. Lot's of brown lawns here.  :-\ 

Thanks for passing it along to us >:(  ****** summer with lots and lots of rain, nine straight months of below normal temps, then September was great and today it is snowing and sticking.  Three inches of snow so far.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: October 10, 2009, 01:23 AM »

Thanks for passing it along to us >:(  ****** summer with lots and lots of rain, nine straight months of below normal temps, then September was great and today it is snowing and sticking.  Three inches of snow so far.

I'd like to thank you guys for reminding me why we moved to the sunny Okanagan.  :-*  We're lucky enough to still be at +10oC (50oF) during the day and only -5oC at night.  Of course, my older daughter wishes the snow was here too.  ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: October 10, 2009, 01:35 AM »
Still smell like smoke there?   :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: October 10, 2009, 06:09 PM »
Got our first bit of snow this morning here in MN.  Thanks again Canada!   >:( 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #1568 on: October 11, 2009, 04:53 AM »
got down to 60 tonight might need to put on some pants and get the long sleeve shirts out of the closet.still mid 70s in the daytime  :)
He's no good to me open

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: October 11, 2009, 10:38 AM »
It's been a pleasant weekend so far in So Cal, but it's supposed to get cooler, and we're supposed to get some rain this coming week.  We need the water to counter the drought, but why do I feel when we do get rain, it's just feeding the brush and weeds that will feed the wild fires a year or two down the line.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1570 on: October 12, 2009, 12:16 AM »
Our first frost and freeze warnings are up tonight...  just frost down here, Freeze up above I-80 near Erie and all that hick country.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: October 12, 2009, 01:26 AM »
We're hitting 30's at night already.

It's as cold here in October as it gets all winter long in Dallas.   :-[

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1572 on: October 12, 2009, 02:38 AM »
Welcome to the North. :)

We're in the 30's here tonight I believe...  Or we should be.  I think it may be low 40's closer the city, but we're high 30's here, and low 30's just north of me a ways.  Fun huh? :)

Eat stew, thick soups, anything Irish...  You probably didn't get to enjoy foods like that down South.  They're a staple up this way.  We roasted a chicken tonight...  It heats the whole house up with the oven cooking it, the smell of the chicken wofting around.  It's nice.  THose are the little things about the cold that you have to appreciate.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: October 12, 2009, 08:49 AM »
More ******* rain here.  It's been rain off and on here for about three weeks now.  I think I've had enough of it.  I thought it was supposed to end yesterday, but we had another shower blow through that was going to be just "drizzle" but ended up dropping another 3/4 of an inch.  We'll get more today and tomorrow and then hopefully will dry out for a while.  A
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: October 12, 2009, 09:42 AM »
More snow in the TC. Hell can freeze over and the Twins still didn't win.