Author Topic: How's the weather?  (Read 209869 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: How's the weather?
« Reply #1755 on: February 4, 2011, 02:46 PM »
How are you guys getting rain?  It was like 8 degrees here when I woke up.

Weather is weird.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: February 4, 2011, 04:32 PM »
It's only in the 20's here today, but by golly if it doesn't feel like Summer   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: February 4, 2011, 11:59 PM »
Reached 40 F here today.  Little bit of freezing rain and man did it melt the snow.  Supposed to be at or near freezing tomorrow as well then it'll plummet to 0 F for Sunday.  Ah, February - an absolute crapshoot.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: February 16, 2011, 11:01 PM »
Couple of stellar days here in the 30F range, above freezing in the afternoon and some good snow melt happened.  A little unusual but we usually get a thaw of some sort in the Jan/Feb months.  Naturally we'll get six inches of snow tomorrow to make up for it and the temp will drop below 0 F Friday.  Then we're supposed to get another foot of snow next week, but that's long range stuff so I'm hoping they're full of crap. 

I absolutely picked the right year to buy a snowblower. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: February 16, 2011, 11:05 PM »
We're supposed to hit mid 50's tomorrow.  Most of the 2 feet of snow is long gone.  I figure it would be here until the middle of March. 

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: February 16, 2011, 11:26 PM »
We're hitting mid-70's during the day all this week, one week removed from hitting below freezing for 3 days straight. That's Texas, man.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1761 on: February 16, 2011, 11:53 PM »
We're to hit 60's Thursday and Friday, then into the 40's for a while.  Tis that time of year where the weather turns the roads into minefields, and arthritis plays hell.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: February 17, 2011, 07:10 AM »
We're hitting mid-70's during the day all this week, one week removed from hitting below freezing for 3 days straight. That's Texas, man.

Dang right!! Woohoo!!!  70's all week and into next week.  Where are you in Texas?
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: February 17, 2011, 10:19 AM »
Foggy...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: February 17, 2011, 11:50 PM »
Hey, we're having a full fledged blizzard right now.  We haven't had that exact combination of cold, wind and snow for a very long time.  Visibility is about zero right now, I can't even see the houses across the street.   8)

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: February 18, 2011, 06:47 AM »
If it makes anyone feel better, it's about 60 outside right now and I'll wear a short sleeve shirt to work, come home, put on some shorts and enjoy the 75 degree day...oh yeah, and I'll enjoy it again tomorrow.

Sucks for you guys who live on Hoth....er, I mean, northern North America.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: February 20, 2011, 03:36 PM »
If it makes anyone feel better, it's about 60 outside right now and I'll wear a short sleeve shirt to work, come home, put on some shorts and enjoy the 75 degree day...oh yeah, and I'll enjoy it again tomorrow.

Sucks for you guys who live on Hoth....er, I mean, northern North America.

Let's talk in August, mmmmkay?

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: February 20, 2011, 04:10 PM »
Hey I prefer the hot weather.

Embrace the suck.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1768 on: February 22, 2011, 08:36 PM »
Weather was funny here last night...

So the holiday + rush hour snow surprise (wasn't expected to get a lot of snow) + a layer of ice under it because of wintery mix = cluster-f

People were abandoning their cars all around.  My buddy had off, but said his commute into the city today was funny because of all the cars all over the road just left there.  They had roads closed everywhere last night.  The access to a town north of me was completely cut off because hills were so bad...  One was blocked by a rig stuck on it.  My brother had to sit for 3 hours before he could get home because the road he lives on got shut down...

That was a royal mess.  The only good thing was that the holiday had kids off school, and some people off work...  That was good.  For everyone at their job, not so good.

And the Capitals were still in town because their flight got cancelled.  Blah.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: August 28, 2011, 02:56 PM »
So, hope everyone fared ok in the hurricane yesterday. We got slammed where I live in VA, a tree crushed my neighbor's house across the street but we escaped mostly unscathed. That was some crazy ass wind though, we weren't sure how the new house would react, but it did ok.

No power or internet service though. That sux. (I am at the office now)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy