Author Topic: Spiderman 2 Movie Thread  (Read 6629 times)

Cory

Re: Spider-Man 2!
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2004, 02:47 PM »
Indeed I did, but what do I know, I didn't like "Gone With the Wind", so my opinion is automatically null and void.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 02:47 PM by Cory »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2004, 02:55 PM »
Indeed I did, but what do I know, I didn't like "Gone With the Wind", so my opinion is automatically null and void.
No its not, just that you seem to have a dubious record around the boards is all.  I think most people will agree with you on this one though...everything I have read has been glowing

Cory

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2004, 03:27 PM »
Well, one of the main reasons I don't post here, as much as I want to, is because alot of people have issues where they refuse to look into our similarities, because exploiting the differences is much more enjoyable. It's a shame, honestly.

It is a fantastic movie, though. Check my review, for those who haven't, at RS.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2004, 03:29 PM »
That's cool, I must say you do have one of the most unique takes on movies that I have ever seen and kudos to you for sticking to your guns in the face of adversity ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2004, 06:13 PM »
Sh!t.

I'm going to see it this afternoon.

Sh!t.

Well, just make sure you get that pooin' out of the way first...  Wouldn't wanna miss anything because of a fecal assault mid-film.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2004, 08:09 PM »
The wife and I took the day off today, and went to the 1 p.m. showing this afternoon.  Although I might be biased being a big Spidey fan, I thought the movie was really great.  I enjoyed the first one, but thought this one was even better.  I really don't think you'll be disappointed....I really liked it at least.  Alfred Molina is another great casting choice in this franchise, I think they have done a pretty good job with that so far.  Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst are both great as well.  Before the first one came out, I wasn't sure about Tobey Maguire, but I don't know if I could imagine anyone else in that role now.  He is quite an actor, and really captures Peter Parker/Spidey well.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 1, 2004, 12:07 AM »

SilverZ

« Reply #37 on: July 1, 2004, 01:22 AM »
Just got back from seeing it. Like everyone else, I really, really liked it. People applauded in the theater. I'm pleased that they managed to pack so much of the characters' relationship development in without slowing the movie down. Pretty great. And the Doc's "birth" scene is vintage Sam Raimi, so much so that you feel like you've jumped back into an Evil Dead movie - chainsaw included. Fantastic.

Though everytime I see Alfred Molina I think "throw me the whip!"

Cory

« Reply #38 on: July 1, 2004, 01:57 AM »
Spoilers to follow..

Are you referring to the sequence where Doc Ock was on the table, and the scene where they cut to one of his tentacles speeding through the air, a la the eyeball in "Evil Dead 2"?

I caught that as well, if we're on the same page, here. I also remember there being a particular camera angle that was reminiscent to "the creeping fog" Evil Dead shots, from the tenticles optical lens.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2004, 01:58 AM by Cory »

SilverZ

« Reply #39 on: July 1, 2004, 02:54 AM »
Little spoiler response here...

Yep, that's the scene. Not only the tentacles' attack, but the 1, 2, then 4 view split screen of their perspective. Also the editing seemed to have the same feel. I really liked it as a bit of visual wink to us old Deadite fans.
end spoiler
« Last Edit: July 1, 2004, 02:55 AM by Tydirium »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 1, 2004, 03:54 PM »

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 2, 2004, 03:16 PM »
Wow! Just, wow!

I loved this film! It was far more emotional than I had anticipated. I thought the movie was going to have far more "action"in it than it did as well. The character development was incredible and would have simply left the last 20-30 minutes flat if it were done any other way. The emotional involvment was what made this film for me. Couple that with great acting, brilliant casting, eye-popping action, tons of cameos and plenty of "winks" to Raimi's other offerings, as well as the inevitable set-up for Spidey 3 and this could very well be THE film of 2004 as far as I'm concerned. So far nothings come close since ROTK.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #42 on: July 4, 2004, 12:20 AM »
Wow.

I was totally in awe. I loved how they set up a couple potential villains in this one.
Plus the character development.

Spoiler
When Spider-Man came back from his 'retirement', some young kids (4-6 YO) started clapping. It didn't annoy me at all.

End.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 4, 2004, 01:07 AM »
Really great film! I liked just about everything about it, but maybe that's because I'm a huge Spidey mark.  :)

They did set up the villians for the next several films, like Dr. Connors (Lizard), and Venom/Carnage (John Jameson brings the symbiotes from space).

I can't believe we have to wait until 2007 for number 3. :(
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile