Author Topic: Who actually exercises, and how?  (Read 21656 times)

Offline Membraneman

• Jedi Initiate
  • Me, Me, Me !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Who actually "exercises," and how?
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2003, 12:54 AM »
[quote Heh, who says getting old is fun, eh?  NOt that I'm trying to imply anyone here is old,

That the funniest thing I've read in along time... ;D
I FIND, YOU FIND, WE TRADE

Bob Newton
Membraneman
BHC Administrator
bob@galactichunter.com

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2003, 11:47 AM »
Well my official weight update is
189 from 210

Drs visit yesterday confirmed that.

Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2003, 11:48 AM »
That's AWESOME news Wayne!  How did you do it?  What's your secret?
dustrho

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2003, 11:56 AM »
Well the secret for alot of it is that I was sick for over a week and didn't eat much ;)

But what i did do to loose weight was stop my mid-day candy bar snacks at work, stop drinking soda at work and switch to water. I cut out all the extra snacking at home and focused on better meals. I am taking my vitamins. I am going for bike rides and using my nordic trak when I can. I think that this weight is good for me. Now I just need to maintain it.  

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2003, 01:13 PM »
That's spectactular Wayne!  I'm proud of you man.  Congrats on losing the weight!
dustrho

Offline Karma

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2003, 08:50 AM »
Good job wayne. From what you've described I bet you'll have an easier time keeping it off that those who follow fad diets. Cool!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2003, 10:18 AM »
Well...back on the diet hardcore which I guess is a modified Weight Watchers Points thing.  I don't really keep track but I did back when I first lost the 30+ pounds in '00.  So I know about what I can and can't have and keep mental note.  Stepped on ye olde scale this morn and I was back down to 212.  Made my day!  Hopefully I'll crack under 210 by next week :-*

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2003, 01:44 PM »
Hey, that's cheating.  Get on the scale at the end of the day punk.  

I'm currently sitting at 209, down from around 230 about a year ago.  I had a bit of a lapse too for a couple of weeks.  Working in agriculture makes it hard to get the workouts in some days, though being outside doesn't neccessarily hurt either.  For about two weeks though I couldn't get to work out and now the bike is painful again.  Oops.  Back at it and September will be good again.  Hoping to hit down to 200 by end of September.

Those work snacks are killers aren't they?  Just a little chocolate bar here, a pop there.  No problem right?  I also suffer from drive-thru-itis.  Lots of driving in the job and rather than sit for a meal, so much easier and time saving to hit the drive thru then fire up the car for the 2-3 hour drive to the next stop.  Bad, very bad.  Also, salads not conducive to driving and eating.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2003, 01:49 PM »
No cheating as long as I weigh myself the same time every day :-*

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2003, 01:55 PM »
I can relate to the drive thrus.  My part time job is managing an Arbys. So far I have refused to eat at work. I snag a few turnovers for breakfast but thats all.  All that fried fat will definatly add the pounds and clog the arteries.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2003, 11:50 AM »
209 this morning!  14 more to go!  

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2003, 01:53 PM »
Good job Scott.  

I'm reluctant to weigh myself.  Last couple of weeks have been super busy at work, so the working out bit has suffered.  3 times in 3 weeks, oops :-\  I'm hoping the heat helps some, but it won't be enough.  

Relapse.  Aaaargh. :(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2003, 09:37 PM »
Glad to hear you're losing weight Scott!  I haven't been 100% to my diet, and I'm right now at 209-210.  I still want to get below 200 pounds, but if that's going to happen I'm going to need to really get back on this damn diet.
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2003, 03:52 AM »
I'm 5'11" and was a perfect 165 back in my "playing days", but with the last several years of stagnating and complacent lifestyle, I've ballooned up to a rather large, and definitely overweight, 190 (it's all in the belly).  I'm beginning to look a bit like my father-in-law, and he rather resembles Santa Clause, so that's not such a good thing...

So if I'm a little over 200 now, does that mean that my diet and exercise plan is not working so well...?   :P

As big as I've ever been.   :'(  But I have discovered an incredible new exercise routine that basically kicked my ass over the weekend, and has had me completely sore all over ever since...  PAINTING THE HOUSE.

Yep.  Actually, we really only painted our master bedroom, but it was a 2 day process with my nitpicky, detail oriented, anal, perfectionist method of painting (and prepping).  We've got a vaulted ceiling which meant a lot of working on ladders, and floor boards as well, so a lot of working on my belly (and of course everything in between).

So now my body is completely toast.  Yep, painting's a b!tch once you've hit your 30's!  The little things in life that you once took for granted...   :-\

So how's everyone else's regimen of good health going?  Has anyone "lost" as much weight as me since we all last chimed in here?  Sadly enough, I met up with MisterPL this evening, and his first comment was "Hey, where's the sweater?"   :-X

Real funny wise guy!  But if you have to know, it's in the dirty laundry right now, otherwise I would've worn it so you could better recognize me!   :-*  But at least ya' got to see me in my most robust state of all time, so hopefully that compensated for the missing sweater.   ;)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2003, 04:08 AM »
Sadly enough, I met up with MisterPL this evening, and his first comment was "Hey, where's the sweater?"   :-X