Author Topic: Something to distinguish JD.com  (Read 10144 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Something to distinguish JD.com
« on: April 6, 2005, 11:03 AM »
I think it would be very cool if there were some sort of feature here that you don't see anywhere else.

For a while I was hoping my photonovels would be hosted here, but I know that has pretty much fallen through.

But maybe we can come up with something else?  Something really rare but cool... something that this website has that others don't...

Maybe also, we could do some sort of giveaways... I would contribute to that.  Maybe not a weekly giveaway, but some sort of monthly award to a new member of the forums or something...

Like each month, a carded army builder or something could be given away... or even there could be a list of potential items... and the winner each month would get their choice of each one they want...

I would love to be a part of something like this...

Thoughts??

:P

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Something to distinguish JD.com
« Reply #1 on: April 6, 2005, 02:16 PM »
I'm really upset about the Photonovel situation. The whole thing has been just one problem after another, it seems, and then to top it all off, my laptop seems to have whiped itself out (not for sure, though, its at a shop as we speak - I've got a guy trying to salvage the stuff), meaning I've probably lost everything.
Let it be known that all of the problems that I've come across with Justin's photonovels are all my fault entirely - Justin has been patient as hell with me for months, and I still haven't delivered.
As soon as I can get everything back up and running, I have got to come through and get everything re-sized, and uploaded.
Just pretty please forgive me for the slew of failures and the huge wait!

I think Chris may be the best guy to address the suggestion about the Give Aways, since I think he handles all of our sponsor stuff... but I think that'd be pretty damn cool of folks if they just gave stuff up for prizes on occasion...

One really cool thing that JediDefender did had going on behind the scenes (that I think you may be interested in) was a project to make a series of fan-fic/comic/illustrated stories detailing the events of the Clone Wars. It was called Clone War Journal, and it would have been a monthly-or-so published series - stories of the Clone Wars, as told by the people who were there (Clones, Seperatists, Civilians). The concept was really cool, I thought, and so I presented the idea to Chris Berry. I got the green light from Berry on February 10th '03 to go ahead and assemble a team of writers/artists/anyone in JediDefender who would like to participate - and got a pretty good response - but unfortunately, just about everyone on the team got caught up with other stuff (mostly school) and we weren't able to deliver much beyond rough drafts and that sort of thing. I'd love to re-establish a relationship with Thomas Grey (who had an amazing story sketched out) and build up a new team to revisit the project some day.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 6, 2005, 03:26 PM »
Brad, it's not a big deal about the photonovels - really.

If you want, maybe I can resend them someday down the road.  I am thinking of adding some effects to the first 5 stories.  The last 4 can be found here in the customs section -

#6 - Assassins of Evil
#7 - Chaos
#8 - Traitor Within
#9 - Aggressive Negotiations

I do like your idea about the Clone Wars stuff... you did mention something about that on the phone.  I would be up for it and like to be a part of it if it ever happens.

Another idea might be some sort of Battle Front stories... man those would be cool... I am thinking of incorporating some of the game into a couple of future photonovels - mainly the Battle of Rhen Var.

For the giveaways, if Chris Berry wants to do something like that, I am all in for it and would contribute.  I think it would be very cool!!!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: April 7, 2005, 03:26 PM »
Maybe also, we could do some sort of giveaways...

Some good thoughts and ideas there Justin, including one that we've already been talking about behind the scenes as far as the giveaway idea goes.  So hopefully we'll have something on tap for our members here pretty soon.  Stay tuned!  ;)

- M

P.S.  I'd like to take this opportunity to point out a couple of distinguishing things that are currently exclusive to JD, which is our Sports Forum and our exceptionally well-organized Feedback Forum.  So hopefully you guys are all enjoying those for the time being, until we can get some more exclusive stuff rollin' through these parts...  8)
« Last Edit: April 7, 2005, 03:40 PM by JediMAC »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 7, 2005, 03:47 PM »
Let me know if you want me to contribute to any giveaways.  I'd be more than happy to.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 07:14 PM »
I've been working on a story, but it's sort of Post ROTS.  It's hardly beyond the rough draft stage yet (a lot of it will depend on what happens in the ROTS movie and I'm trying to avoid spoilers).

I'd be happy to contribute to the story section if you want.  I get plenty of time on alert to put pen to paper.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 08:50 PM »
Sweet!  Very cool that there is a C3 Vader Giveaway!  Was this in part because of suggestions here, or already planned?

I think it would be very, very cool if there were a giveaway every month!  And seriously, I will contribute to it.  If a staff member wants to PM me about it, please do.  I will compile a list of some extra stuff I have, and be happy to ship it to whoever is in charge of the giveaways.

To me, this is a great way to get some more members here.  Especially if they are given away to "active" members who contribute to this website.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 09:45 PM »
Sweet!  Very cool that there is a C3 Vader Giveaway!  Was this in part because of suggestions here, or already planned?

While we definitely appreciated the suggestion Justin, this, and several more giveaways were already planned a while back.  I think I mentioned that somewhere already in here...  ;)

Maybe also, we could do some sort of giveaways...

Some good thoughts and ideas there Justin, including one that we've already been talking about behind the scenes as far as the giveaway idea goes.  So hopefully we'll have something on tap for our members here pretty soon.  Stay tuned!  ;)

- M

See?!  :-*

- M
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 09:47 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 11:22 PM »
Kudos with the C3 Vader give-away y'all.  I won't enter since my needs for this figure have been taken care of.  Hopefully, someone who wasn't so lucky will win.  ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 11:41 PM »
Yep, great giveaway.  That's a very nice thing to do.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2005, 03:25 AM »
Very Cool! I won't be entering either I got mine and I'm sure someone who wasn't so lucky would love this.  :)

"This is the way."

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2005, 10:31 AM »
I don't think I'm eligable, damn!

Brians Toys has it for only $80.  ::)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2005, 11:40 AM »
There were scalpers vendors selling it for that much at C3. ::) They would buy it for $30 and sell it for $80. My sclaper sense was going nuts all weekend I heard so many people talking about what they were buying to put on ebay or sell to other scalpers to make a nice profit. It was driving me nuts.  >:(
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 11:40 AM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2005, 12:22 PM »
Pretty sad. Worse, people will pay that much.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2005, 06:24 PM »
Yeah, such a shame really.  Hopefully, people will be patient and wait for the hype to die down and get this figure for a more reasonable price.

Oh and Brian's Toys does suck.
This is the way.

I have spoken.