Author Topic: RotS - Collection 1 Figures  (Read 16689 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: RotS - Collection 1 Figures
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2005, 12:29 AM »
The Tarfful figure was a huge letdown for me.  The figure had a silly paint job, and the knees should have been articulated like the Sneak Preview Wookiee Warrior. 

If anyone wants to make their Tarfful have better articulated knees, it's actually a very simple custom to do.  You need to boil and pop his knees off, and replace with the Wookiee knees.  Do a bit of repainting - and presto. 

I know some of you don't check out the customs section much - so here's the Tarfful that I made that Dimetrodon posted for me there.  Maybe this will help someone out who is frustrated with their current Tarfful -

It is a shame that Hasbro makes so many figures like that, that are so close to being a good figure then they give it a stupid feature... why in the world they gave Tarfful those stupid swivel knees is beyone me.   ???

:P

Offline darkksith

• Youngling
  • Completest Crazy!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2005, 01:14 PM »
i picked up one set of figures #41-44 today at wal-mart. i found one fresh case that included one each of #41-44, one each #33-36 (red saber palpy), and if i recall one each of #1-3 (gaahhh!) and #9. the one thing of interest is that the #41 clone has a dirty /  battle damaged type of paint app. i assumed this was going to be clean like the #6 clone because i didn't hear anyone mention otherwise. sorry for the same post in the recent purchases thread but i thought it might be appropriate here also.

SilverZ

« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2005, 02:07 PM »
So EE posted the C1 Wv6 case breakdown:

2x Darth Vader (EIII #11)
1x Clone Trooper (EIII #41)
1x R2-D2 (EIII #48)
1x Anakin Skywalker (EIII #50)
1x Commander Baccarra (EIII #49)
2x Turbo Tank Driver (EIII #54)
2x Flea Rider (EIII #55)
2x Obi-Wan Pilot (EIII #56)

I don't like that the #41 clone is 1 per case, but at least they're shipping him in another wave.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2005, 06:16 PM »
Here's what Hasbro should be doing once this case has been out for a while.

4 x Clone Trooper #41
4 x Commander Baccarra
4 x Turbo Tank Driver

Or better yet...

12 x Clone Trooper #41

But what we will wind up getting...

2 x Obi-Wan #1
2 x Anakin #2
2 x Vader #11
2 x Palpatine #12
2 x Yoda # 26
1 x Commander Baccara
1 x Clone Trooper #41

I don't know what it is going to take for Hasbro to wake up and realize that 2 PER CASE OF A CLONE IS NOWHERE NEAR ENOUGH!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2005, 02:48 PM »
Galactic Hunter has some pics up (carded and loose) of the upcoming assortment featuring Commander Bacara, R2-D2 (with lights and sounds), and Anakin on Mustafar (with interchangeable head/arms).  I'm really looking forward to this assortment, hopefully it won't be too tough to find.  Now if only Hasbro would release some of the Snowtrooper like soldiers to go alongside Bacara ;).  Check out the pics at the linky above.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2005, 03:58 PM »
I must have that Anakin on Mustafar.  I don't care for the hood up version but the battle damage it pretty cool.  I think.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2005, 08:37 PM »
I'm really looking forward to someone actually getting ahold of the Mustafar Anakin and doing a review so I/we can know how the whole thing hooks together.  Right now, judging from the photos, it looks as if the "Okay" Anakin might be along the lines of the Deluxe Anakin in that the cloak/head/arms might all be one piece and fit over the "Scorched" Anakin body.  If it's done well, I have no problem with this, but if it's done like the Deluxe Anakin's Vader helmet/cape, I'm going to be a little perturbed.

Oh well, at the very least I'll have burnt to a crisp Anakin.   ;D  I'm just hoping his legs are removable (they look as if they are jointed at the boots, so they could be).

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2005, 10:35 PM »
Right now, judging from the photos, it looks as if the "Okay" Anakin might be along the lines of the Deluxe Anakin in that the cloak/head/arms might all be one piece and fit over the "Scorched" Anakin body. 

Your description is definately the way it looked to me at C3.

You pop the arms (and maybe the head) off the "scorched" Anakin and the Cloak/Head/Arms peice snaps over the top for "Evil" Anakin (Darth Vader) on Mustafar.  That is why his lower legs are unscathed on the "Battle Damage" figure, so they look normal on the un-damaged Anakin.

If you look at this pic, you can see the Cloak/Head/Arms is 1 peice (hard to see, but it has no legs):

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2005, 07:39 AM »
Do we have any other pictures of these figures?:

These things keep coming one after the other. What will this assortment look like?  (With Ask Ack (?) I suppose).

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2005, 10:59 AM »
Do we have any other pictures of these figures?:

These things keep coming one after the other. What will this assortment look like?  (With Ask Ack (?) I suppose).

#45-47 (tarkin, Mon Cal, Aak Aak) will be the next wave in collection 2.  You can find a bit more info in this Thread.

A few rumors have popped up that people have started finding them at Wal-Marts, but nothing concrete yet...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender