Author Topic: Star Case 3 from wholesalecase.com not RS Case (Quick Review)  (Read 3547 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Does anyone know if there are any plans for cases of the new figs besides the Star Case 3?  That is one ugly and oversized case.  Was hoping we would get a case more contour to the fig pack.  Anyone ??? ???
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 06:52 PM by rebeltrader »

Offline jensen1969

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Star Case Question
« Reply #1 on: April 6, 2005, 10:46 PM »
I just found out about this one yesterday:
http://www.rebelscum.com/estore/proddetail.asp?prod=E3%2DCardholder

They look pretty cool, but I didn't get a lot of info on them when I asked.  They are supposed to be in next Monday.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 7, 2005, 07:16 AM »
Thanks for the link.  These are alot better looking than that oversized Star Case 3.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 07:55 AM »
A quick followup on the star case 3.  I ordered a few and they are alot better than how they look on the site.  The pictures on the site do no justice.  They almost look like different cases. I give them a thumbs up and will be ordering more for my ROTS collection.  I know alot of people were hesitant with the design but it seems to be more contour to the card design than it appears. If anyone has questions post here. 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 03:16 PM by rebeltrader »

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 03:25 PM »
$15 each with $7.00 shipping = ouch :o!

Talk about a markup and big THANK YOU to Forum Members.

DBK

I just found out about this one yesterday:
http://www.rebelscum.com/estore/proddetail.asp?prod=E3%2DCardholder

They look pretty cool, but I didn't get a lot of info on them when I asked.  They are supposed to be in next Monday.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 03:32 PM »
$15 each with $7.00 shipping = ouch :o!

To be fair, that's $15.00 plus $7.00 shipping for a set of 10...

To keep this very simple, they will be sold in lots of 10 only, and the price each below is for each set of 10 and the shipping is for each set of 10.

Works out to $2.20 each with shipping.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

SilverZ

Re: Star Case 3 (Quick Review)
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2005, 06:25 PM »
They do look nice. Does anyone know the backstory to these, as far as RS involvement goes?

If they were fabricated in China they should be quickly turned around and offered by another company, at least that's what I'd figure. I'm not too keen on having an RS logo pressed into the back of them.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2005, 06:31 PM »
God.  Please tell me that someone else besides Philip Wise is making ROTS Starcases.  Please.

SilverZ

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2005, 06:40 PM »
I have gazed into my crystal ball and foreseen P-dubs selling autographed Episode 3 figures in those very cases, with the OfficialPix logo on the back.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2005, 06:51 PM »
Let me clarify that I did not buy those cases from RS.  Once I found out thats who had them I passed.   I ordered the cases at www.wholesalecases.com  The Star Case 3.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2005, 06:52 PM »
God.  Please tell me that someone else besides Philip Wise is making ROTS Starcases.  Please.

The REAL Star Cases can be found at Protech ($2 each) or Wholesale Cases ($1.50 each).

And you won't have a RS logo on it.   ;)

edit:  oops!  It looks like this has already been clarified.  Never mind.   ;)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 06:52 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2005, 06:55 PM »

Sorry for the confusion.  I hope I did not tarnish my rep. ;D  I would in no way throw a sales pitch that way.  The cases do look nice but we know who is sponsoring them. ::)Plus the whole rebelscum logo on it kind of had a cheesy feel to them.  Sorry Rebelscum. :P I took a chance with the other cases at wholesalecases.com.  I placed my second order today.  Thumbs up!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 06:58 PM by rebeltrader »

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
Re: Star Case 3 from wholesalecase.com not RS Case (Quick Review)
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2005, 07:22 PM »
I forget which one I got, it's the original one posted and NOT the RS case.  my god $2.20ea.

I went in with a bunch of guys from the PSWCS on a case of 200 and it worked out to be something closer to $1, like $1.20 apiece incl. shipping which wasn't too shabby.  Almost 2 for the price of 1 when comparing to the RS cases.

And yeah, they don;t look as bad as in the pics, they are actually pretty nice, not as nice as the RS one, but for half as much, it WORKS....nicely!
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Star Case 3 from wholesalecase.com not RS Case (Quick Review)
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2005, 07:48 PM »
The positive thing with wholesalecases.com is that they issue discount coupons with each order.  So my order worked out to about $1 for each case and about $8 for shipping 50 of them.