Author Topic: RotS - Collection 2 Figures  (Read 12387 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: RotS - Collection 2 Figures
« Reply #15 on: March 1, 2005, 05:05 PM »
Looks like Rebelscum now has a preview up of the C-3PO figure, which apparently has removable limbs as well.  Either that, or they're just ripping appendages off of each figures they preview

I'm wondering if the removable limbs are actually intentional or if it's just simply the way it was made.  The Saga Endor Rebel Soldier and Captain Antilles figures have some fairly easy to remove wrist and elbow joints, respectively, but I don't think it's that intentional; I think Hasbro's just too cheap to use good plastic in this day and age. 

With my earlier Dooku peg-wrist comment, I wonder if the photographers at RS aren't just pulling everything apart for the sake of pulling it apart.  Maybe I'm wrong, and there is some reason for it, but either way, this could be the most violent wave of action features ever released in a SW line if all the appendage impairment is true and not a manufacturing thing.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #16 on: March 1, 2005, 05:33 PM »
Those figures look really good.  I'm glad that they put the "slit" on the side of Kit's skirt so that he can raise his legs.

Also, I do think that Rebescum guys are just pulling everything apart randomly.

I really don't think that 3PO ends up in pieces in ROTS.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 1, 2005, 08:08 PM »
Hmmmm, that is interesting.  I just assumed the figures were meant to do those features.  Maybe this is Hasbro way of getting around not putting those features on the figures.  They can say "Wha?  No, that's not what it was INTENDED to do (wink-wink-nudge-nudge)."  No irate parents and no upset collectors.  Well, there will always be upset collectors.  But you know what I mean.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 2, 2005, 01:33 PM »
A number of new preview features up over at Rebelscum, including Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, Shaak Ti, and the Royal Guard (Blue).  Kind of neat how detailed the sculpt is on the Guard, underneath the robe portion.  Great for customizers I'm guessing.  All of these figures look pretty spiffy to me.

Offline Firebat

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 2, 2005, 02:58 PM »
Yeah, Agen Kolar rules.
« Last Edit: March 2, 2005, 03:01 PM by Firebat »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 2, 2005, 03:26 PM »
Some more previews...Battle Droid, Preggers Padme, and one of my favorite "background" Jedi, Plo Koon.

Also, GH has Mas, Luminara, and the very cool AT-TE Tank Gunner.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #21 on: March 2, 2005, 03:37 PM »
What is it?  Only a month now?  Ugh...   ;)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 2, 2005, 03:48 PM »
Too true, a month away now, and I don't have nearly enough money saved up ;).

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 2, 2005, 04:14 PM »
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: March 2, 2005, 04:38 PM »
I guess I'm thinking they are ripping off appendeges because they come off not because they are actual spoilers.

Those new Blue/Red guards are orgasmic

SilverZ

« Reply #25 on: March 2, 2005, 07:54 PM »
Heh, yeah got a laugh out of the "spoilers" there. You can do that to the POTJ Imperial Officer, but it doesn't make it a play feature.  ;)

Agen looks great though, especially after I had assumed the figure was going to be a statue compared to the other Jedi. What a shock to see all the articulation and soft goods under that innovative robe. Love it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 2, 2005, 08:23 PM »
These figures just keep looking better and better.

:P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 2, 2005, 09:18 PM »
I guess I'm thinking they are ripping off appendeges because they come off not because they are actual spoilers.

Yeah...that seemed so retarded to me. SPOILER! Oh look. You pulled his arms apart at the articulation. Wonderful. Where's the spoiler? Oh boy.

I <3 Blue Guard.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 2, 2005, 09:57 PM »
I honestly think the random chopping in the RS photos is being done as a way of covering up the fact that they're lagging behind every other site out there in terms of showing the toys.  Kind of a "They showed it to you first, but did they show you this?" approach to the whole thing.  Then again, I'm a paranoid conspiracy theorist, so what do I know?  ;D

That Royal Guard does look really nice though.  I'm not into the comics or anything, so "Kir Kanos" means nothing to me, but I'm just glad that there is ample articulation and actual limbs under the body instead of the "salt shaker" approach Hasbro/Kenner used for figures during the POTF2 days.  Not to go into any big spoiler territory or anything, but has the origin of the ERGs been explained anywhere since they appeared in AOTC?  I know the whole "elite" of the Stormtroopers thing that went around years ago, but I was curious as to their origins now that we have the background that was previously missing regarding the Empire's pecking order.

And speaking of, I'd like to see Mon Mothma from ROTJ resculpted with the same detail the ROTS figure has gotten.  With General Madine, Bail Organa, Jan Dodonna, and Captain Antilles getting such great sculpts and attention, and her ROTS incarnation getting that same effort, I'd like to see her "Bothan Requiem" appearance get the same treatment.

And that Dooku....wow, that's a nice figure.  To me, as a villain, he was always much more interesting than Maul was.  Kind of like Henry Rollins said about Chuck D and (pre-Hollywood) Flavor Flav.  Chuck/Dooku is the straight man, dropping politics and knowledge, and Flav/Maul is the guy that just blows **** up.  :) 

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 3, 2005, 09:03 AM »

Yeah...that seemed so retarded to me. SPOILER! Oh look. You pulled his arms apart at the articulation. Wonderful. Where's the spoiler? Oh boy.

I <3 Blue Guard.

Kevin

They did put a question mark after the spoilers because there are strong rumors indicating certain figures do get butchered up that way.  Especially on Kit Fisto.  So, it could be a spoiler to some.  But now that they have pulled the limbs and heads off of every balljointed neck figure it's kind of pointless.