Author Topic: Star Wars Celebration III: Indianapolis  (Read 118115 times)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration 3 is heating up.
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2004, 08:18 PM »
Hmmm,I'll look into that.My source told me it was 12% but,I could be mistaken,and I hope I am.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2004, 08:32 PM »
Indiana raised their sales tax last year. From 5% to 6%. Most definately not 12% though.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2004, 08:34 PM by BigDumbWookiee »
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2004, 10:54 PM »
Thanks,I suppose I should double check my source then, ::)

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2004, 12:15 PM »
I'm going for sure!  Snively are you going, maybe we can carpool
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2004, 10:22 PM »
Uh-oh.  Better not let Josh hear you saying that Jared, or you may get surprised with some mistreatment and abuse by the Imperial Forces next year!

Too late.  ;D

No worries though. I had the exact same thought. I didn't have my armor at C2 (I was unable to procure any before then)....but I got a little pissed off when some Sandtrooper would tell me one thing, and then the TK at the top of the stairs had another message about where I could and couldn't have access to stand in line.

While I'll be doing the big photo in costume, and probably walking around the con in armor....I'll be God Damned if I'm going to pay 1000 bucks to travel to Indianapolis with my girlfriend, several hundred more for a hotel room....and then try to earn my 75 dollar 3 day badge by working 8 hour shifts of "security" all 4 days at a convention I've been waiting 3 years for.

I talked to more than one of the troops, and apparently...they had to work several shifts to earn free passes. That just made NO sense to me. I'd be happy to help out for a few hours as a novelty if it sounds fun, but I'm not traveling all the way to Indy just to work. I've been waiting for this for TOO long. ;D
Got Clones?

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2004, 10:57 PM »
Uh-oh.  Better not let Josh hear you saying that Jared, or you may get surprised with some mistreatment and abuse by the Imperial Forces next year!

Too late.  ;D

No worries though. I had the exact same thought. I didn't have my armor at C2 (I was unable to procure any before then)....but I got a little pissed off when some Sandtrooper would tell me one thing, and then the TK at the top of the stairs had another message about where I could and couldn't have access to stand in line.

While I'll be doing the big photo in costume, and probably walking around the con in armor....I'll be God Damned if I'm going to pay 1000 bucks to travel to Indianapolis with my girlfriend, several hundred more for a hotel room....and then try to earn my 75 dollar 3 day badge by working 8 hour shifts of "security" all 4 days at a convention I've been waiting 3 years for.

I talked to more than one of the troops, and apparently...they had to work several shifts to earn free passes. That just made NO sense to me. I'd be happy to help out for a few hours as a novelty if it sounds fun, but I'm not traveling all the way to Indy just to work. I've been waiting for this for TOO long. ;D
The only good thing that I saw for the 501st people was they got to go shop in the  fan club store before the general public but other then this it wouldn't seem worth the hussle to me of missing the events which I wasn't over seeing.  

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2004, 12:55 PM »
The only good thing that I saw for the 501st people was they got to go shop in the  fan club store before the general public but other then this it wouldn't seem worth the hussle to me of missing the events which I wasn't over seeing.  

Yeah. The little perks like that are nice, but I felt really bad for some of the guys I talked to that worked all three days of the show just for a free ticket.

I've been in armor for that length of time, and it ceases to be fun by then.  :)

I'm looking forward to finding out what they want us to do though, and then deciding how much of that I actually want to get down with.  ;)
Got Clones?

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 31, 2004, 12:01 PM »
I'm thinking I might wear a psuedo imperial uniform.Something along the lines of:

US Army Jacket(If I can still fit into it by then,if not maybe my Marine jacket?)
Combat boots
Imperial Insignia on my collar(sorta like how the german command had the iron cross?)
Riding pants(if I can find some...they'll be grey)
Leather Gloves(black)
Imperial cap(If I can find some reasonably priced ones on eBay,it'll be grey)
Rank Badge
Blaster

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 31, 2004, 02:47 PM »
I loved standing in line at C2, listening to all the ******** making fun of people in costumes. Um, EXCUSE ME! You guys have been standing in line for 5 hours to get into a STAR WARS CONVENTION! And you're making fun of someone who spent loads of time and money to make an authentic looking costume to wear? I just wanted to say "Man, what a bunch of losers. What are you guys doing here? A Star Wars convention? Damn, I thought this was the line to get into Starbucks".

I really hate the "un-geeks". People who are geeks, but refuse to acknowledge their geekness, and make fun of other who are equally and sometimes less geeky than themselves.

Still, met a lot of cool people too...
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 31, 2004, 02:52 PM »
I know!I wish I was in costume to tell them off!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2004, 02:56 PM »
If, and it is still a big old if, I go, Ill probobly be in Clone Armor. If I took the time to customize it, it will be ARC Trooper Armor.

I dont know why we call ourselves geeks. Were really not. Were people with a hobby. A hobby much better than drug using, or some other stuff people I know do.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 31, 2004, 07:22 PM »
Anyone in for a lightsaber tournament of sorts?You know with those cheap ones you can get from wal-mart?

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #117 on: February 6, 2004, 09:59 PM »
I would like to go but I gotta see how much $$ I can save up...
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 6, 2004, 10:03 PM »
Anyone in for a lightsaber tournament of sorts?You know with those cheap ones you can get from wal-mart?

Buddy, if I show up, you'll regret that comment.

I am quite famous for my technique. I use Darth Mauls saber, and a spare purple one.

I am quite good for some one who has no better thing to do with their spare time but to learn how to fight with a staff and a sword.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 7, 2004, 03:29 PM »
Your ass=Owned
April 21,2005