Author Topic: Star Wars Celebration III: Indianapolis  (Read 117732 times)

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Celebration 3
« Reply #165 on: April 8, 2004, 10:49 AM »
I am really looking forward to getting this new Celebration 3 exclusive figure.

Wonder who it is going to be?
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 8, 2004, 03:06 PM »
I also can't wait and see who the figure will be off I hope its not Lucas again.  I also can't wait to see what other stuff will be on sale over at C3 next year.  
I also like the Flaming Vader logo as the C3 LOgo.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #167 on: April 29, 2004, 09:36 PM »
Hotel rooms are up on the block now apparently!

Who's in?

Who's out?

Who's up in the air?

Who's into sharing rooms (and if so, with how many people)?

How much are you willing to pay per night?

How close do you want/need to be to the convention?

Who do you think is an absolute loser/dork/jackass that you would adamantly refuse to room with?

So chime in if you're interested, and hopefully we can put together a few rooms and all be relatively nearby...  

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 29, 2004, 10:04 PM »
I have no problem getting down there. Bob & I are down as far as I know.

I just need a room to share with someone.  :-*

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 30, 2004, 01:43 PM »
Who do you think is an absolute loser/dork/jackass that you would adamantly refuse to room with?

Lets see:
JediMAC  ;D (J/K)

I'm still planing on going there but I'm still in the air right now exspecially if I get a new job.  If I do I hope they will let me get a week off so that I can go.  I have some money already saved up but not enough to start planning on alot of stuff like hotel rooms.

If I do go I plan on getting one of the closer hotels that is connected to the convetion center so I don't have to walk a couple of miles in the early morning hours.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 3, 2004, 01:14 PM »

Who's in? I'm definatley going if that's what you mean

Who's up in the air? As to which hotel yes, I'm going to wait for the offical block rooms to come available for a discount.

Who's into sharing rooms (and if so, with how many people)? I'm down with that, it'll allow the rest of my family more soace since all my purchases would be with them. I'd say five or so people should be a good number.

How much are you willing to pay per night? Depends on the rate and the number...I suppose 50 would work, with around 25 for more people.

How close do you want/need to be to the convention? I wish to be within a few blocks atleast, enough to walk down to the con.

Who do you think is an absolute loser/dork/jackass that you would adamantly refuse to room with? Mainland   ;), just kidding, BTW you still want to meet up at CIII? -EDIT, that line sounds kinda, same replacing  :-* with  ;)
« Last Edit: May 3, 2004, 01:16 PM by Vator »
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #171 on: May 3, 2004, 03:31 PM »
Got my room today, just about an hour ago or so.  Whee.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 5, 2004, 09:23 PM »
Great job honkey! I guess now I need to wait for the blockrooms to open up, since I'll assume that the rest of the rooms have been booked eh?
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 11, 2004, 02:47 PM »
Having organized conventions (much, much smaller scale) than this, room blocks set aside for the conference are often NOT cheaper than the regular/AAA/etc rates.  Figure out where you want to stay then call them/go online for room rates.  You might be surprised.  

Kevin.  3:00 ;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 12, 2004, 04:22 PM »
Having organized conventions (much, much smaller scale) than this, room blocks set aside for the conference are often NOT cheaper than the regular/AAA/etc rates.  Figure out where you want to stay then call them/go online for room rates.  You might be surprised.  

Kevin.  3:00 ;D

;D

I'll be waiting. If your not there at 3:00...*shakes fist*

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #175 on: May 20, 2004, 06:19 AM »
The latest issue of Insider (# 76) says that one of the benefits of the new Hyperspace/Insider/Fan Club membership is "Early Entrance into C3".  I seem to recall standing in the "Fan Club line" last time around, and getting in no earlier than the folks in the giant line on the other side of the show.  Just two HUGE lines, both slowly entering the convention.

Anyone have better luck than that, or do you think it was all a wash?  How early are you folks going to be lining up for the first day?  I think we only got there a couple hours early the first day last year, and we paid the price with a monster wait in that atrocious line...   :-\

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 21, 2004, 06:15 PM »
The latest issue of Insider (# 76) says that one of the benefits of the new Hyperspace/Insider/Fan Club membership is "Early Entrance into C3".  I seem to recall standing in the "Fan Club line" last time around, and getting in no earlier than the folks in the giant line on the other side of the show.  Just two HUGE lines, both slowly entering the convention.

Anyone have better luck than that, or do you think it was all a wash?  How early are you folks going to be lining up for the first day?  I think we only got there a couple hours early the first day last year, and we paid the price with a monster wait in that atrocious line...   :-\
As far as the early entrance thing the last time I think it was handled in a rediclous manner.  From reading the Insider back then it made it seem like you would get in early everyday but they only allowed us in early on the first day, a hour early I think.  The other days they wouldn't allow us in early at all but thanks to the compling that was going on in the line they opened the fan club side first then the other doors after a few minutes.  I will probally sign up on for the "Un"Fan Club just for maybe getting in early.
I'm going to try and get there around 5am at the latest which last time got me to around 50th person in line and 400th or so person in line.  The first day I was planning to go early as will but ended up not setting the time right and ended up getting there at around 6am and was close to a few thousands people in front of me.

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #177 on: July 18, 2004, 10:16 AM »
I'll be attending Celebration again!

I'm a diamond member wit hthe Hilton group, and was able to reserve a room early on.  I actually got a supersweet deal on a suite (lving room/seperate beds/kitchen/bar/refrigerator/etc.) for $134/night!!!!!!!

I'll be hanging with the PA SW collecting Society for most of the week   www.pswcs.com

Jesse James lives pretty close to me, we hang out every now and then-very cool guy. A bunch of us here got some rooms at the Hampton(I'll be partying in the suite for a few nights I'm sure)  doing it up even bigger than last time that's for sure!

Looking forward to it.  Between the San Diego con and Celebration III, starting this week, it whould be the kickoff to a great year for SW!!!!

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #178 on: July 26, 2004, 05:21 PM »
Well...

With all the hoopla from SDCC, I think I've decided that I want to go to C3 and meet up with all you fine folks.

I'm gonna start working on the Mrs. and see what I can swing... don't know if it will be both of us or just me (she tagged along when I went to Denver for C1... actually it was our first "vacation" as a couple).

We'll see how it goes I guess...

:-\

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #179 on: July 26, 2004, 05:26 PM »
Jeff,
I think there's room in the car with OCB, Morgbug, and chuckles - so you need to bum a ride down with them!  Talk about a fun road trip (aside from Brent's gas)!  I'm jealous...   >:(