Author Topic: Star Wars Celebration III: Indianapolis  (Read 118234 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Star Wars Celebration 3
« Reply #300 on: January 28, 2005, 12:21 AM »
Oh you're in friendly territory, trust me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline whojedi

• Youngling
  • BH-5334
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 28, 2005, 12:34 AM »
For those that attended C2, you probably know that the Indy Knights and 501st/Rebel Legion threw a big party on Friday night for all fans. We have a number of the actors and Star Wars personalities in attendance.

We will once again be doing it at C3. Tickets have already gone on sale and are limited to the first 1,000 people. We have the entire ballroom at the Hyatt for Friday night of Celebration 3.

All are welcome and it will be a great time. For details regarding it, you can check out this thread with all of the details.

In addition, a portion of every tickets sold goes to the Trooper for Katie Fund.

Hope to see you all there!!!

whojedi

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #302 on: January 28, 2005, 11:07 PM »
All is forgiven Matt, but I better hold a high rank of second fav girl on the net... ;)

You're tied with Sharon (Darthshader) on that one for now!  Maybe we'll have a drinking contest between the two of you at C3 to break the tie, and the winner can go head to head with Beth for the title!   ;)

But honestly, you're all my favorites!   :-*

Karen (Karma) and Carrie (Couruscant Courtesan) are cool ladies too, but they're rarely around anymore...   :-\

So what hotel are you staying in Shannon, and who are you roomin' with?  You staying the whole 4 days?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2005, 11:08 PM by JediMAC »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 28, 2005, 11:24 PM »
Starwars.com has pictures of the C3 badges.

Celebration III Badges

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #304 on: January 28, 2005, 11:33 PM »

So far it sounds like anyone with a 4-day pass can buy their 4 alloted figures at any time (note the punchholes in the bottom left corner)...  I'd obviously prefer to get all 4 of them at once, so I only have to stand in line once.  But is anyone concerned that they may only allot one figure per day, thus making you potentially stand in line 4 separate times?

They could somewhat monitor it by saying that by Friday, you can't have more than two punches on your badge, or by Saturday, no more than 3.  Think that's a possibility at all, or that they'll be nice and just let us have all 4 on the first day, and be done with it...?  Hopefully that's the case, 'cause there's gonna be enough lines as it is.

Also, regarding the badges (above), since there's two images for each, do you think the Animated Clone Wars picture is just gonna be on the back/flip side of the other picture?  I hope it's not one or the other...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2005, 11:38 PM by JediMAC »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 28, 2005, 11:39 PM »
This is the lowdown on the C3 site on the figure:

Sold at the Celebration III Store, planned for Exhibit Hall F in the Indiana Convention Center, April 21 - 24, 2005.
Quantities divided among all four days of the show; some will be sold each day while supplies last.
Price: $15.00, including tax
Quantities are limited per person and badge type. Individuals with 4-day badges may purchase a total of 4 action figures, while supplies last. Those with 1-day badges may purchase 1 action figure, while supplies last.
The Celebration III Store staff will punch badges for each purchase, one punch per figure. For example, if a 4-day badge holder purchases 2 figures, they may go back to the store and purchase 2 more at a different time. There will be specific areas marked on the badges for the punches.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #306 on: January 28, 2005, 11:44 PM »
For example, if a 4-day badge holder purchases 2 figures, they may go back to the store and purchase 2 more at a different time.

Ah, I'd skimmed over that particular portion there.  Thanks for the quick answer (as always) Dale.  That pretty much makes it sound like we can just grab all 4 at once, and be done with it.  Good deal.   8)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2005, 11:44 PM by JediMAC »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 28, 2005, 11:53 PM »
I like that too Matt, getting all 4 at the same time will give us more drinking looking around time.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 28, 2005, 11:58 PM »

Also, regarding the badges (above), since there's two images for each, do you think the Animated Clone Wars picture is just gonna be on the back/flip side of the other picture?  I hope it's not one or the other...

The Clone Wars badges are the kid's badges, while the real actors are the adult badges. To be honest, I kinda want the kid's badges more than the adult ones.

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 29, 2005, 12:38 AM »
Did you guys all get my PMs last night?  I used the "multiple recipients" feature for the first time ever, so hopefully the PMs still made it through...  LMK!

**Cough**

Beuller?

This Beuller chose to phone you.  :P
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #310 on: January 29, 2005, 04:16 PM »

You're tied with Sharon (Darthshader) on that one for now!  Maybe we'll have a drinking contest between the two of you at C3 to break the tie, and the winner can go head to head with Beth for the title!   ;)

But honestly, you're all my favorites!   :-*

Karen (Karma) and Carrie (Couruscant Courtesan) are cool ladies too, but they're rarely around anymore...   :-\

So what hotel are you staying in Shannon, and who are you roomin' with?  You staying the whole 4 days?
A drinking contest on who can drink the most?  geez, I'll lose that one, I was tipsy after two drinks at the last FanForce meeting.  I'm just hoping I can get my drinks bought for me  ;D  calling all single guys... hehehe... just kidding, well, maybe not...
I'm staying at the OmniSeveren or whatever the name of it is.  We've got two rooms, and not sure exactly who my roomies are going to be yet, but it's probably going to be a co-ed mixture type thing.  There are 8 who have said they are going, but only I think 5 of us have actually bought  passes and only two of us have booked flights (some are driving).  If we have any extra space I'll let you know, it's from Wednesday thru Sunday and it's around $200 for the whole time per person. 
My friend Helen (who is also single) and I are flying in on ATA Wednesday around 12:30.  Everyone else will be coming in late afternoon or night.  We leave on Monday morning at around 7:30 or so. 
So, when and where does the party start?
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #311 on: January 29, 2005, 04:52 PM »
I'm thinking the party will be starting sometime late Wednesday afternoon...   ;)

And I wasn't looking for a place to stay or anything like that Shannon, just curious where you and your friends were kickin' it and who those buddies were going to be.  We'll definitely make some plans on when and where to meet up, no worries there!

So if you're a lightweight, maybe you guys can settle things with an arm wrestling contest...  How'd that suit you?   :P

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #312 on: January 29, 2005, 08:33 PM »
Oh, I know you weren't looking for a place to stay.  I just know a lot of people out there haven't made plans and are probably going to scramble for space, so I figured I'd put that out there.  I'd rather we got the rooms filled to save us money.
Yeah, we have to swap some numbers and all.  My 'buddies' are the FanForce people, but I do plan on mingling around. 
I was also kind of rambling on, which I tend to do when I'm tired.  I woke up at 5am today to go in for o/t and worked until 1pm non stop, came home, checked posts and movie times, went to a film and now I'm back home and rambling again. 
I would go to bed, but it's much too early.
Arm wrestling?  geez, I don't think I'll do good at any of these contests... but maybe they are even easier drunks than me...
« Last Edit: February 2, 2005, 11:06 PM by Princess »
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 30, 2005, 03:05 PM »
I like that too Matt, getting all 4 at the same time will give us more drinking looking around time.

I only planned on standing in line once at the store and will be getting everything I want in one grand sweep.  With the hubby in tow, I figure he can go back to the room (or escape as he prefers to say) and dump the loot while I continue to float around.  Our two-way radio's worked pretty good last time we were there so I think we will be using them again (not sure how cell phones work in there...anyone use one last time?)

We'll be getting in Wednesday as well and will be staying at the Marriott directly across the street from the convention center.  I am hoping you guys do Hooters that night so Jay will be more inclined to tag along (he's not one to mingle but he likes his W & W  ;) ).

As for the badges, I like the cartoon characters better and will have to find a little kid with a Friday pass to trade away Jay's four day one on Sunday.   This worked out pretty good for me at C2 (trading passes) so I plan on trying it again.  I really don't feel the need to buy them as a set so hopefully I'll get lucky.
Beth

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 30, 2005, 11:38 PM »
Well, I'm glad I looked today. I really am. I pulled my file so my grandma can arange to get the days off to come to Indie to the conto see why I like Star Wars so much, and my reservations are at Indiana PENNSYLVANIA!!! I know somthing is messed up there. Tommorow were gonna fix it and make a call and see if my reservations can be moved to the Holiday Inn at Indie.

Ugh...

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...