Author Topic: Star Wars Celebration III: Indianapolis  (Read 118275 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Celebration 3
« Reply #345 on: February 21, 2005, 07:02 PM »
Holy, buddy passes!  8)  If anyone can help out this beer swilling CanuckleHead, oh I would be so happy.  :)

Wait, Bob I think has a Hyper membership. I gotta check with him, we have to pick up our passes at Will Call so we won't know till we get there or maybe he can find out.   :-\

I'll get back to you guys on this.  :)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 21, 2005, 07:37 PM »
So, those of us who ARE in the Fan Club can try to help some of those who are NOT in the Fan Club with the passes.

Since I'm a member of HyperSpace (a Christmas present from family), I should be getting the 4 passes which I will gladly donate to the JD.com "Help a Brother Out" foundation to help some poor beer-swilling Canadian get in early or something...

Jeff

I will donate my passes as will to JD members who are not fan club members.  The only thing I hope is that the Fan CLub Lounge is better then what it was at C2, which was just a place to sit down.  Hopefully they will have some other stuff in there this time. 

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 21, 2005, 08:23 PM »
Bob got back to me and I'm good.  8)

I'm looking forward to the CanuckleHead invasion.  ;D

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 21, 2005, 09:49 PM »
I'd donate mine but since the hubby is the official "loot carrier and place-in-line holder", he'll need his.  I was at C2 and at the front of the line (since I was insane and had to stand outside at 3:00am to be in the front) and all THAT got me was being in the front of the NEXT frickin' line.  Not much of a perk unless you are going for the exclusive figure and if they screw that up again, you'll need to be in that "hour early" line so you can get them before they sell out of their allocation for the day  ::).
The fan club lounge was a joke and that's about all the"yellow laynard" offered.

This year they actually have a "fan club" line and I imagine just about everyone going to the convention will be in that, so I'm thinking that's no much of a benefit if you plan on going at 9:00 when the doors open.  Also, the first day they tried to inspect all the lightsabers and blasters before you entered (just in case) and that took more time than I care to remember.  I'm envisioning the same cluster-**** on opening day but I'll be standing there when the bars close at 2:00am waiting to get in. 
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 21, 2005, 10:19 PM »
Uh, beer swilling Canucklehead reporting for duty. :-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 2, 2005, 11:44 AM »
Gang, I'm gonna order my ticket and pick it up at "Will Call" but I have a problem because I don't know what that means, and how much of a wait it is, etc. Can some one in the know fill me in?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #351 on: March 2, 2005, 05:53 PM »
Will Call is usually a booth or two next to the standard tickets sales.  It basically means you have your tickets already paid for/reserved for you and you just have to sign for them usually. 
The line is supposed to move faster as you don't have to go thru the "how much is it?", "Do you take Amex?/Discover?", or any sort of other questions that the people in the new ticket sales lines ask.
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 2, 2005, 10:32 PM »
Anyone interested in having breakfast with Wicket?  No, seriously, they're holding 2 breakfasts for Fan Club members according to the official site and you can meet the celebrity hosts.  This includes Warwick Davis and Jay Laga'aia (Captain Typho).

$49.95 will get you: "a hot plated breakfast, an autograph from one of the celebrity Celebration III hosts, a talking Darth Vader action figure, souvenir ticket, goody bag, plus the chance to share a morning of fun with fellow Star Wars fans."

$50?  Hmmm.  It's not a real consideration for me since I'm not a Hyperspace member, but would anyone be willing to pay this?  What do you suppose you'd have to pay for one of their autographs?

The free Vader is a neat perk.   8)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #353 on: March 2, 2005, 10:38 PM »
Anyone interested in having breakfast with Wicket? 

Eh.... not sure if I need to go to this.

I guess, what with it being a catered breakfast, the $50 probably breaks down like this:

$10 - Autograph charge
$10 - Goodie Bag
$15 - C3 Vader
$15 - Catered Hot Breakfast

Or something... So you are probably getting $50 worth of "stuff" if you go.  I think I'd rather have the $50 instead.  I can buy my own breakfast for $5 and Vader for $15.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 2, 2005, 11:00 PM »
Will Call is usually a booth or two next to the standard tickets sales.  It basically means you have your tickets already paid for/reserved for you and you just have to sign for them usually. 
The line is supposed to move faster as you don't have to go thru the "how much is it?", "Do you take Amex?/Discover?", or any sort of other questions that the people in the new ticket sales lines ask.

Thanks.  ;)

Kevin

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 2, 2005, 11:00 PM »
Pop tarts cost $5 :o
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #356 on: March 2, 2005, 11:16 PM »
No prob, Kevin.

Hey, anyone doing the ROTS food promos, they may be eating Pop-Tarts for a while depending on the promo.
I know I bought 3 boxes of Rice Krispy Snacks today so I could order a Vader cookie jar.  Luckily, I have a 4 year old.  It's going to be the same thing when it comes to all those kid's cereals. 

Pop Tarts are the devil, especially the chocolate chip ones.

I think I'm going to bring a box of my cereal in my luggage-help cut costs  :)
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 3, 2005, 11:15 AM »
[adds 3 boxes of Rice Krispie snacks and Pop-Tarts to grocery list]   :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #358 on: March 4, 2005, 01:56 AM »
Jared and I finally nabbed our plane tickets last weekend.  We roll in at 5:50 Wednesday evening, and leave right around that time on Sunday.  So we'll have to start some planning in a few weeks for the Wednesday night frivolities...   8)

An an unrelated note, as annoying as Anthony Daniels can often be, I'm rather disappointed that he won't be MC'ing the events.  He's really rather funny sometimes, and he's obviously a lot more "connected" and knowledgeable when it comes to the Star Wars Saga than his replacement is...

Captain Typho.

Ugh.   :-\

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 4, 2005, 09:12 AM »
I'll probobly be rolling in thursday morning. On my own. I doubt P'Dubbs of the Sith will be tagging along, because he's a bum like me and has no job. But I find out today if I got a job.

I might just order my ticket today. Do they automaticly charge your card or do they wait till it ships?

Kevin