Author Topic: Star Wars Celebration III: Indianapolis  (Read 118117 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Star Wars Celebration 3
« Reply #390 on: March 29, 2005, 06:21 PM »
Finally (ahem) registered and booked my flight this afternoon.  Looks like there's no backing out now. ;)

Damned straight.  There was no backing out before either, so it's a good thing you finally got your **** in order!

So what time are you getting in?  Better be early enough to make it to Hooters with everyone...   ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 29, 2005, 08:51 PM »
Matt, I get in so early, I'll likely be hammered by the time you arrive.  11:47 am, same flight as Jesse :-X 

Will I be able to check into the room or is it exclusively under your name?

Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #392 on: March 29, 2005, 09:02 PM »
How close are you and J2 (Jesse) to eachother?  Didn't realize it was that close...  Or are one of you just connecting flights near the other, and then rolling in?

And you better not be sloshed before we all arrive, you big lush!   >:(

As for the room, I can technically have 3 other roommates listed without being charged extra, and I believe you were the first name (and only one so far) that I gave them, way back when I first registered for it.  But I'll be double checking on that, and adding a couple more names to the list too.  So I'd guess you should just be able to wander straight on in.  Only question is, will they want to charge YOUR credit card to do so, or can I charge it in advance, or what?  I'll try to find that out soon as well, and will drop you guys a line when I've got an update on that.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 29, 2005, 09:23 PM »
I'm flying from Regina to Minneapolis, and Brent will likely by flying from Winnipeg to Minneapolis.  From there, we'll be on the same flight to Indy.  (I wonder if they'll have on-flight drinks?   Then I'd be sloshed before I even got to Hooters!  ;))

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 29, 2005, 09:58 PM »
Better be early enough to make it to Hooters with everyone

So am I invited to Hooters too, if so where is it?   I think I will be in Indy sometime around 4 or 5pm. 

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #395 on: March 29, 2005, 10:11 PM »
Yeah,  what is the deal w/ Hooters?   Is this actually some "planned" JD thing?  plans? who-da-thunk...
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 29, 2005, 10:13 PM »
Anyone know where this fabled Hooters actually is?  Matt?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 29, 2005, 10:22 PM »
Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown
501 West Washington Street
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204 USA

Hooters of Indy Downtown
25 W. Georgia Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46254

According to MapQuest:
Total Est. Time:  2 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 0.65 miles 

Those are the MapQuest directions Jeff forwarded to me this afternoon that he got from Matt :P

Jesse, are you flying NorthWest out of Regina?  I didn't think they had flights out of Regina, at least they don't show on the maps.  As for inflight beverages, well, they have them, but the flight from Minneapolis to Indiana is actually not much more than an hour long from Gate to Gate.

Are you guys renting a car and dropping me off downtown? :P  And then picking me up again so we can go tour the Indianapolis Speedway ;)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 10:25 PM by Morgbug »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 29, 2005, 10:52 PM »
Here's a map - Hooters (red star) is only a couple blocks away from the Convention Center (RCA Dome).  They actually call it 25 West Georgia Street, just to nitpick.

Jesse, are you flying NorthWest out of Regina?

I booked through Expedia.ca, and they call the flight NWA, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was operated by another company.

As for inflight beverages, well, they have them, but the flight from Minneapolis to Indiana is actually not much more than an hour long from Gate to Gate.

Hic, I know.   ;)

Are you guys renting a car and dropping me off downtown? :P And then picking me up again so we can go tour the Indianapolis Speedway ;)

I haven't decided on the car rental yet...  I'd absolutely love to go to the Indy Speedway, and the rental for a day would probably be cheaper than cabbing it back and forth.  But for going to the Con Center, we'll probably just cab it to avoid the hassle of trying to find a parking space downtown.  There's likely to be a couple people downtown for those 4 days.   ;)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 12:52 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 29, 2005, 11:04 PM »
If you're going to nitpick something I post, spell it right.  It's West Georgia Street.  And don't blame me for something 3rd hand, I gave you the addy, be grateful :P ;)

I was just kidding about the car rental, but if you have one...

I was planning on cabbing it into the hotel (I was at the airport a week or so ago and the only shuttles are to the airport hotels :-\).  Shouldn't be too expensive.  Only other time I'll likely be in a car is to go back to the airport, unless there is a tour of the speedway.  I got to see it from the air last time and then my shuttle to West Lafayette went on by so that was kind of cool as well.  Would be neat to be in there. 

Other things I was thinking of was visiting Indiana University or maybe heading over to the NCAA Hall of Fame.  That's just to eat up Wednesday afternoon.  You can buy Indy 500 stuff at the airport as well, there's a shop there.  IU stuff as well, but it's always cooler to be on campus.  I need my IU Crew shirt.  Not sure if there's a Pacers game on but I could be convinced to go to that or another sporting event as well.  Small fish in big pond mentality here.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 30, 2005, 02:19 AM »
****, there's somthing I hadn't considered this whole damned time. Parking! I assume like most venues they will have special lot's with like "$10.00 Parking All Day!" type deals, or what?

I don't feel like hiking 2 miles every day to stand around and bull**** with YOU guys. j/k.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 30, 2005, 06:31 PM »
Rather sucks I couldn't be in Indy this week:

Boston Red Sox ace Curt Schilling is expected to start the 2005 season against the Indians at Victory Field, according to reports in the Boston Globe and The Indianapolis Star.

The Indianapolis Indians won't be back at their field until Saturday, April 23rd. So much for a game on Wednesday. 

****, there's somthing I hadn't considered this whole damned time. Parking! I assume like most venues they will have special lot's with like "$10.00 Parking All Day!" type deals, or what?

There is parking around the convention center but you need to be there preety damn early to be close.  The hotel is around $16-20 a day so I'd say you are close at the $10/day theory.

As for the Hooters map, I'll just follow the leaders...I assume we are all stumbling walking, correct??
Beth

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 30, 2005, 09:16 PM »
****. There's more money I don't have being spent. God knows I need the excercise but two miles is a bit much. Fruck fruck fruck. >:(

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 30, 2005, 11:57 PM »
Don't worry Kevin, after all the walking you do in the Convention Center, 2 miles will seem like nothing.   ;)

As for the Hooters map, I'll just follow the leaders...I assume we are all stumbling walking, correct??

Hic, I don't shtumble.  I'm too grasheful for that - more like saunter.  Hic.

Just follow the pink glow.   :-*

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 31, 2005, 01:18 AM »
Remember to ask for Canadian Whiskey, Jesse.  Otherwise you're likely to be drinking bourbon (something else I ended up drinking in West Lafayette - along with tequila and jaegermeister :-X)