Author Topic: Star Wars Celebration III: Indianapolis  (Read 118888 times)

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
Re: Star Wars Celebration 3
« Reply #495 on: April 11, 2005, 07:42 PM »
I may even come knocking on your hotel room door at 4am.  I've been known to do stuff like that.  From time to time.

Be sure you do. I'm staying at whatever the swankiest hotel room there is under the name "Warwick". 

;D
Got Clones?

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 11, 2005, 08:22 PM »
Hey!  That type of talk is forbidden here at JD, so you best watch it there Josh!  You know damned well that, aside from Llamas, Hooters is the unofficial JD mascot here... 

I'm going to pretend I never heard that.

But feel free to bring your fellow Seattle-lites along.  The more the merrier.  Or, the more, the more people to carry the drunk Canadians back to their hotels

This is in response to my "I hate Hooters" comment, which I must now elaborate on for all to partake in.  Some of you have heard my Hooters diatribe before, most have not and must now suffer through it.

----------------

"Why Hooters is terrible" a short essay by JoshEEE

When I first heard about Hooters, it sounded like a virtual mecca. Women in hot pants and tank tops working in a Sports Bar. After my first trip there, I quickly realized, it was not all it was cracked up to be.

First and foremost, let's be honest. The food at Hooters sucks. Aside from the chicken wings (which do not a complete meal make), everything there makes most pub food sound great by comparison.  I've had the misfortune to go to several assorted Hooters restaurants over the years, and I've never had any meal there that I've enjoyed. After the novelty of the tanks and hot pants wears off (which admittedly takes awhile), you'll find yourself wondering why you just paid 13 bucks for a Jack in Box quality hamburger or grilled cheese sandwich when you could have just hit Red Robin and gotten something twice as tasty for half as much.

Second, this place is a horrible sports bar. The TVs are generally turned all the way down, and the music all the way up. You can't hear any of the games you might be there to watch. Their booze is watered down and overpriced.

Last, but most certainly not least, the women.

At Hooters, the scantily clad women are the big draw. Unfortunately, they're also your waitress. That means (at least as far as I'm concered) you are required to treat them with a little human deceny and respect. I know these women get hit on all day long for a living, and while I'm sure they expect you to ogle them, I still find myself wondering how many plates of food get spat upon during their shift.

I say if you want food, go to a good restaurant.  If you want drinks, go to a good bar.  If you want to see boobies, go to a strip club. Hooters may be a combination of all three, but like the Roach Coach (Burrito Truck) that parks near the construction site.....sometimes a combination of too many choices simply means it's going to be an overall crappy experience.       
----------

All that being said, I've been to Hooters more than a few times, always because a group of friends wants to go.  C3 will be no exception and I will be looking forward to joining you guys there.  As much as I don't like the place in general, I'm always willing to hope that maybe the one in Indianapolis will be awesome and turn it all around for me!
Got Clones?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #497 on: April 11, 2005, 08:26 PM »
 >:(

[Soup Nazi]No hot wings for you![/Soup Nazi]

>:(

But we'll see you there anyway Josh.  Thanks for being a trooper (no pun intended) for all our behalves...  :-*

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 11, 2005, 11:44 PM »
Not sure if we're going to make it for the Wednesday festivities. Since I'm driving, I'm thinking of just heading up early Thursday morning.

Bastards still haven't emailed me back about my fan club lanyard "mix-up", so I guess it won't be magically showing up in the mail in the next week.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #499 on: April 11, 2005, 11:48 PM »
Not sure if we're going to make it for the Wednesday festivities. Since I'm driving, I'm thinking of just heading up early Thursday morning.

Loser.  >:(

Is that because Jason wants one extra night at Wildcats?!   >:(

You suck.  >:(
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 11:48 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #500 on: April 11, 2005, 11:49 PM »
Bastards still haven't emailed me back about my fan club lanyard "mix-up", so I guess it won't be magically showing up in the mail in the next week.

We have extra "Fan Club Friends" passes that could get you in earlier with the rest of us, but we're not giving them to you if you're not there on Wednesday.  >:(

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 12, 2005, 12:00 AM »
Jason is flying in on Tuesday night, so we could come up on Wednesday, but I don't know how everyone feels about  coughing up more cash for another hotel night. What time does everything start happening on Thursday for the convention?

I figured I needed my fan club lanyard so I could get those passes for Jason and Daniel...don't suppose you'd have enough to cover all three of us?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #502 on: April 12, 2005, 12:13 AM »
Hmm...  We might.  Depends on what folks come up with on Wednesday night.  Looks like Tom offered to pass his along to me, so with Jeff's, Brent's and Jared's (I think), we might be able to cover you guys.

If you show up on Wednesday and party with us, that is.  Otherwise, you can go screw yourself.  :-*

Isn't your other SoCal buddy going out there too?  The one who roomed with us at Comic Con?  ???

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 12, 2005, 12:19 AM »
I'll see what I can swing to make it up there on Wednesday instead, lord knows I can't leave you alone with Hooters chicks.

The other So Cal dude from Comic Con was Lui, who was going to go to C3, but is on tour with the band he works for and couldn't swing it. Depending on the Warped Tour schedule, he may be shacking up with us again for Comic Con though...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 12, 2005, 12:23 AM »
Hmm...  We might.  Depends on what folks come up with on Wednesday night.  Looks like Tom offered to pass his along to me, so with Jeff's, Brent's and Jared's (I think), we might be able to cover you guys.

Uh, don't count on me to have passes.  I might end up actually needing them.  It's unclear whether I am still considered a member and won't know until I pick up my pass.  It showed that I am a member, but I haven't received an Insider for quite a while now.  I think I'm officially a parasite, they just might have screwed it up.  I think it best to consider me needing the passes. :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 12, 2005, 01:10 AM »
It looks more and more like I'll be rolling it at 5:30 am thursday, or thereabouts, depending on how many piss stops we make. I'm convinced I can piss in a bottle and fling it out the window, but my friend Price has other plans. Everything is in place. I've got my passes ordered, my days off from work, my car insurance straightened out, money (for the most part), and breakfast ala plastic bowl and spoons. I need to get one of those cheap foam coolers, and some ice for sodas for the drive.

Anyone up for breakfast at Dennys thursday? I guess I'm picking up Andrew before, so I think he'll be there too?

So much to do! I need to pack, wash my car, con my family into giving me money before my birthday as a birhday gift so I can blow it all on toys and wings in Indy...So much to do! I might buy a pool que before too, for our extraviganza of pool playing, if thats still on.

Does Hooters do take out?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 12, 2005, 01:34 AM »
But we'll see you there anyway Josh.  Thanks for being a trooper (no pun intended) for all our behalves... 

Puh-Leeze. I wasn't trying to be a martyr or anything. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone, even if you all decided that Dairy Queen was the place to be (because of those girls in the hot aprons).  ;D

Got Clones?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #507 on: April 12, 2005, 01:44 AM »
 :P

What I meant to say was, on all of our behalves (this part should've gone first), thanks for being a trooper and joining us despite your inherent dislike for hot chicks in tight orange shorts, and hot buffalo wings and smooth Guinness too.  We'd be bummed if you didn't!

I didn't mean it the other way around, ya' doof!  :-*

Never seen any hot chicks working at DQ though, so we can forget that idea.  Unless we all really need a nice blizzard at some point, in which case I think we can make an exception and drop into such an establishment (briefly).
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 01:46 AM by JediMAC »

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 12, 2005, 01:58 AM »
While I do like the hot chicks, I must confess that I don't drink beer. I know, that's totally lame...but I enjoy the well drinks to make up for it.

;D

Seeing as how Dairy Queen probably doesn't have the hot chicks OR a drink for me, perhaps I'll get schnockered and try to grab a waitress or something in the spirit of this fine establishment. 

Got Clones?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #509 on: April 12, 2005, 02:10 AM »
I must confess that I don't drink beer.

Interesting.  Has that always been the case, or something you just decided later in life you didn't dig so much, or just had a bad experience with?

They've got a killer custom cocktail that they make at our local Blues bar down the street from my office, and it's appropriately titled 'Star Wars'.  Seriously.  I obviously had to partake.  And as is often the case, I partook way too many.  Man, Star Wars can get me in trouble on a lot of different fronts, it seems...  :P
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 02:11 AM by JediMAC »