Author Topic: Star Wars Celebration III: Indianapolis  (Read 117685 times)

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Re: Celebration 3 is heating up.
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2004, 09:37 AM »
I doubled check with Cathy about the info she gave. I called her up last night and she swore to me that she was told that W.O.C. is marked down for the last weekend of April.
I asked her to please ask again to make sure, to find out the date, and find out what W.O.C means because she got me into trouble. Earlier this morning Cathy got to work a little early due to the icy roads she called me up and told me what she found out. She told me again that for the last week of April there is W.O.C. marked down. She also told me that it means Wishards Outfit of Christians or something like that. I forgot what the W stands for, I believe she told me Wishasrds. So the information she gave me is correct but at the same time wrong since it is for this April and not next April of 2005. She got the info for this April not the April of C3. I am sorry for passing on information that might of misled someone. I guess that is what happens when you get second hand info from someone you know.

I was reading your hotel posts.
About a year year and a half ago right behind the Convention Center on the next block a new hotel opened up. It is the Best Western. I stayed there for two nights when GenCon was in town. I paid something like $125.00 a night. SO that is another option for a place to stay. You can stay at the more fancy four or five  start hotels right across the street from the Convention Center but you will pay twice or maybe more a night.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2004, 11:25 AM »
I'm going to stay at the Westin, Marriot or Hyatt. Stayed at the Hyatt last time, great place.

I stayed at the Marriott, but as of yet I have been unable to reserve a room there or at the place next door. Apparently they can't book that far ahead of time. I have no idea why. I have money. I know the dates. Why is it more difficult than that?   :)

Ive called all three, and basically they have close to the same policy, they wont take reservations more than a year in advance. Why, I dont know.

Did you try telling them you are going to be there on business or anything like that?
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline NtheNO1

• Youngling
  • I know!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2004, 01:35 PM »
Indianapolis Convention Center Events For April 2004

Tue Apr 20  Indiana Business Opportunity Fair  Hall C  
Thu Apr 22 - Apr 25 2004  The AMS Users Group  Hall A  
Fri Apr 23  Plainfield High School Prom  500 Ballroom  
Fri Apr 23 - Apr 25 2004  Heartland Ballroom Dancers  Hall A  
Fri Apr 23 - May 2 2004  Fire Department Instructors Conf. (FDIC)  Halls A-G  
Sat Apr 24 - Decatur Central High School Prom  500 Ballroom  
Sat Apr 24 - Marian Center of Indp / Catholic Womens Conference  White River Ballroom.

Do not fret about the hotels there will be blocks offered to Offical Fan Club Members.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2004, 01:39 PM »
NtheNO1

Since you're new hear, and I assume nobody knows you, would you like to introduce yourself? I wouldn't mind hearing how you've become privvy to such information.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2004, 03:20 PM »
So the price tag is about 3000-5000 dollars,so (if you're unemployed or not legally old enough to work)start saving now!!!

Pardon me, but are those numbers correct?  If so, I am officially out.  That is a year's worth of toys.  

I was thinking more along the lines of $150/night for room, 5 nights.  Airfare around $600.  Food is negotiable so long as water is free.  

How much does getting into C3 actually cost and aside from purchasing merchandise, what are any associated costs?  Please.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2004, 04:42 PM »
Well,it depends on your situation...of course those numbers were figured as a round trip for me and my family(my mom and sister are pretty good at spending money.  ;) )The way I broke it down was:

Trip up(Drive):75-100 Dollars

Food:400-500 Dollars

Convention Cash:I've been saving since the last one so I can buy some higher ticket iteams like master replicas...so 1000 Dollars.

Family Entertainment:100-200 Dollars

Random others(there will always be random others)100 Dollars

So more like like $2000.I'm famous for over estimating my funds(A Good thing I think.)

Morgbug:C2 was like $35 bucks to get a three day pass.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline NtheNO1

• Youngling
  • I know!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2004, 07:07 PM »
Can't really tell you who I am right now...

I will give you a little bit of info I have known for a few weeks now...

Mary Franklin has rejoined LFL and will head up C3.
Mary last day with Paizo was Friday Jan. 16th.
Mary will still do some of Bantha Tracks but it is not known how much.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2004, 07:24 PM »

Well, I'm intrigued.  Let us know what you can, when you can.  Please.  

glad you overestimated, I still have a shot.  Especially if I end up with enough frequent flyer miles on Northwest by then.  

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2004, 10:31 PM »

I will give you a little bit of info I have known for a few weeks now...

Mary Franklin has rejoined LFL and will head up C3.
Mary last day with Paizo was Friday Jan. 16th.
Mary will still do some of Bantha Tracks but it is not known how much.

What about the International Mary Franklin Fan Club? Still alive and strong? I never got my membership kit ;)

Mary Franklin is a positively awesome woman. I got a chance to work with her at GenCon last year, and she is a truly uplifting person to be around. Im really glad to hear about her involvement with C3.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2004, 04:13 PM »
Well, I'm intrigued.  Let us know what you can, when you can.  Please.  

glad you overestimated, I still have a shot.  Especially if I end up with enough frequent flyer miles on Northwest by then.  

Yeah, I'm sure you could do the entire trip on a MUCH smaller budget than that. I mean, there are lots of ways to economize. Me, I'll probably be doing something in the middle (I may take the train again, that was really fun) and staying as close as I can.

Don't think I spent anywhere near 1000 bucks at the convention though. It was more like 200 or so.

:)
Got Clones?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2004, 09:39 PM »
The numbers are becoming much more pleasing.  Have to check that NWA frequent flyer plan.  find a roommate, survive of Retched Ron's and voila, sub $1K budget.

hmmm...

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2004, 09:42 PM »
The numbers are becoming much more pleasing.  Have to check that NWA frequent flyer plan.  find a roommate, survive of Retched Ron's and voila, sub $1K budget.

hmmm...

Ill be your roomie.  :-* ;)

J/K

The more and more I hear about Celebration3 the more I want to go...

Oh well...Ill be in college then, and wont be able to go.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2004, 12:22 PM »
I can't wait to hear when the date will be so that I can see if I can save up enough money and if I have the time to go (if I have a new job).  I'm hoping to buy some more stuff that was offer at C2 but don't know what I want to buy since I have no room.  

The price to get a three day pass was $75 I think.  

I hoping on beining able to stay at the hotel right across the street from the convention center this time so I won't have to walk the mile or so I had to in the early morning and at night.  

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2004, 02:04 PM »
Good, i have saved hella money, since Celebration 2 also, which a total of $1500 is actually saved for me right now, and i figure to save about 500-700 more so, i will be pretty good, so are we gonna do something for Celebration 3, all us Jedi Defenders?
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2004, 04:03 PM »
I don't know...with that much money,you can buy alot of new clonetroopers.So can I.Hey!We could have a fun arms race! ;)
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -