Author Topic: RotS Wookiee Helicopter with Wookiee  (Read 14897 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: RotS Wookiee Helicopter with Wookiee
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2005, 04:23 PM »
For those keeping score, from the partial case I found this morning, I think the break down is:

4 Wookie helicopters
1 Barc
1 Boga
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2005, 09:21 PM »
Too bad they didn't repack the AT-RT again.  But those others all seem to have sold damn well too!

:P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2005, 11:26 PM »
I managed to pick up the Wookiee Flyer today at Target ($14.99).

I took a few photos for the front page, clicky on the thumbnails below and enjoy!

Wookiee Flyer - Box Front:

Wookiee Flyer - Box Back:

Wookiee Flyer - Side View:

Wookiee Flyer - Front View:

Wookiee Flyer - Wookiee Warrior Pilot:

Wookiee Flyer - Wookiee Warrior Close-Up:

A few notes:

- The Wookiee Pilot is articulated at the waist and arms only (3 points total) and is a little "rubbery".  I don't mind so much because he has a unique paint deco and we've got 5 other Wookiees already.

- the "flapping" action is OK, but a little clunky

Overall, a nice peice for $15 plus tax.  I like it.   :)

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2005, 11:36 PM »
I'm disappointed with the figure (as all pack-ins have sorta sucked) but I do like the vehicle.  It's to-scale and that works for me, plus you can load a Wookiee in the gunner's seat.

I'll take a couple of these I think...  I may take a 3rd for a downed one too.  At $15 too, that's pretty cheap to do a custom with the vehicle.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2005, 03:42 PM »
This vehicle kicks a$$.  It is my favorite past the ARC-170.  It is way bigger than the $20 Grevious bike.  I bought only one but that will change when payday rolls my way.

The wookie is like a hood ornament but that is what pilots are most the time anyway.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2005, 01:38 AM »
This vehicle kicks a$$.  It is my favorite past the ARC-170.  It is way bigger than the $20 Grevious bike.  I bought only one but that will change when payday rolls my way.

The wookie is like a hood ornament but that is what pilots are most the time anyway.

A hood ornament that is on the *******...
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2005, 11:17 PM »
It's pretty damn cool.  I found one today.  The Wookiee doesn't do too much, but who cares.  This is the best $15 toy in the line.

:P

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2005, 10:35 AM »
Picked up the two I wanted of this vehicle today. Can't wait to open it up tonight when I get home from work.

Even though I already had four preview Wookie Warriors by the time of the 4/2 launch, I picked up a fifth one back on the 2nd (just 'cause the TRU had a bunch in stock still) for the express purpose of putting him in the rear-gunner seat. I can't wait to see if the preview Wookie fits - since the Chewie and Tarful figures don't bend at the knees, to me it seems like they would be awkward in the vehicle with their legs straight out.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2005, 07:27 PM »
I thought the same thing but the wookie on the back has to sit with the legs straight out.  I used a preview wookie thinking the legs would hang out but they don't.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2005, 08:28 PM »
The Flyer is one of my favorite vehicles of the PT line.  I kinda' wish they'd do the catamaran, too, but... the pilot's okay, he doesn't need to do much but fly.   Both the Sneek Peek and #43 Wookies fit in the rear seat pretty good.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2005, 12:16 PM »
I thought the same thing but the wookie on the back has to sit with the legs straight out.  I used a preview wookie thinking the legs would hang out but they don't.

I guess what I mean is that even if the legs are straight out sorta like driving a go-cart - you never are completely "Straight Legged" - understand what I mean? There's still a slight bend in your knees - while my Preview Wookie's legs are straight out, I did bend the knees a little to give it a slightly more "realistic" look to the rear gunner at his post.

It's a minor thing, but for me my loose collection is display pieces and I like them to look as good as possible. So I'm big on figures fitting PERFECTLY in vehicles and actually looking like they're at the controls.

I know - I'm nuts.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2005, 08:05 PM »
It's a minor thing, but for me my loose collection is display pieces and I like them to look as good as possible. So I'm big on figures fitting PERFECTLY in vehicles and actually looking like they're at the controls.

You're not crazy at all, Pete; I'm the exact same way.  It's also why I didn't complain about the "sit down sculpts" of the figures in this particular assortment, since one of my main pet peeves with Hasbro's line is that the figures don't always sit in the vehicles, and if they do, it's not too well.  Obi-Wan sits perfectly on Boga's back, the Kashyyyk Clone sits great on the BARC, and the Clone sits great on the AT-RT.  Same goes for the Wookiee, who looks great flying this flyer/ornithopter whatchamacallit.

That being said, DAMN THIS THING IS HUGE!  I was expecting something kind of rinky-dink, but this is a top notch, top shelf toy, and is a lot of fun to play with.  One of my first thoughts was how surprised I was Hasbro let this get out at the 15 dollar price point, since it's easily a better constructed toy than the Grievous Wheel Bike (whose Grievous, incidentally, does not sit in his wrong-sided chair well at all).  It's a cool toy at a very affordable price point, and I don't see any fault with it whatsoever (although I must admit I'm concerned about possible "rotor droopage" as time passes).

BARC Speeder aside, the other two ships and beast in this assortment have been great, and (I can't believe I'm saying this) Hasbro has really done great this time around with this type of thing.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2005, 10:28 PM »
I know what you mean Pete.  I am a loose collector that builds armies and plays with his toys.  At first I thought the legs could hang out completely but I realize they could not.  But I still love it.  TRU has 30 of these in stock but tomorrow is pay day and they will have 2 less. :P

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 6, 2005, 11:17 PM »
I've seen this thing in stores the last couple weeks and haven't been impressed. I'm disappointed in the lame sitting figures they've put in the ROTS vehicles. I really wanted all things Wookiee, but this didn't look worth it at all. I very rarely buy vehicles, but would've bought the damn thing just for the Wook, if it was a cool fig. But I saw a pic of someone's SP Wook sitting in the back seat, and somehow everything changed.... I think I want one now! :P

Somehow, that second, properly articulate Wookiee manning (Wooking?) the guns just sort of rounds out the whole picture for me. It oughtta look pretty neat hanging from my shelf with 2 distinct Wookiees on board. I just might grab it this weekend. :)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2005, 02:04 AM »
Does Wookiee #43 fit well in the back seat?