Author Topic: Mace Windu is a total piece of **** figure  (Read 6154 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Mace Windu is a total piece of **** figure
« on: April 9, 2005, 03:50 PM »
I've now bought 4 Agen Kolar figures for the robes, which I love, and put them on Sae Sae Tiin, Kit Fisto, and this morning I bought the Mace Windu figure to round out the 4 that confront Palpatine in his office, all in robes.  I have never been this disappointed with a Star Wars figure before. 

The Mace figure is way way too short.  He looks like he's about 5' compared to the other figures.  Everyone's taller than him.  The arms are too long, and the legs too short.   It kinda looks like some sorta stunted gorilla or something that should be hanging from a branch.

What a total piece of ****.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: Mace Windu is a total piece of **** figure
« Reply #1 on: April 9, 2005, 03:55 PM »
I saw this as well. I'll probably pick him up on clearance.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 9, 2005, 04:10 PM »
I'm tempted to get one just for a purple lightsaber, as I passed on the Geonosis Battle Mace too. I'll give the lightsaber to the Episode 1 Mace, which is the best Mace we've gotten, IMO.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

SilverZ

« Reply #3 on: April 9, 2005, 04:11 PM »
Yep, that was my reaction to him as well. He is utterly useless, and even worse when compared to the other new Jedi figures, seeing that they are all the best versions of their characters to date. How they could misfire so badly with a character that is 1) popular, 2) pivotal to the ROTS plot, and 3) at least the sixth version of the figure is beyond me.

We'd better see a Collection 2 apology Mace in the future.  >:(

Oh, I forgot though, Hasbro says these are called ACTION FIGURES, not stand-around-and-look-good figures. Who cares if he is short with monkey arms? He can spin off some blue plastic bolts into the air! Kids love it!
« Last Edit: April 9, 2005, 04:11 PM by Tydirium »

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 9, 2005, 04:13 PM »
I couldnt agree more.  Seeing we got two lame versions of this fig from the SAGA line, I thought Hasbro would redeem themselves.  Especially since some of the the new Jedi are just incredible figs.  

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #5 on: April 9, 2005, 06:52 PM »
I still think Sneak Preview Mace is the best incarnation of the character ever. It's sad when a seven year old figure is still the best one after however many variations there are for Mace.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #6 on: April 9, 2005, 07:38 PM »
I haven't bought ol Mace yet either, but the first thing I was bothered with was the flimsy articulation at the elbows. Those damn arms will go swinging in every direction, but will never hold still. It's so sad that they cant get such a key character correct after doing so SIX years ago.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 9, 2005, 09:10 PM »
I like the Sneak Preview one the best. And the one that came in the Jedi Council set a close second.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #8 on: April 9, 2005, 10:13 PM »
I actually like him.  He can be better, but he's miles ahead of all other Maces, save for the Sneak Peek one.  I put the Agen Kolar robes on him and he looks very cool.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 9, 2005, 11:28 PM »
I actually like him.  He can be better, but he's miles ahead of all other Maces, save for the Sneak Peek one.  I put the Agen Kolar robes on him and he looks very cool.

He looks stunted with rickets.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2005, 12:41 AM »
Indeed an awful figure. His mouth juts out like he's wearing a mouthpiece. And his fricken arms swing too freely. (I know... part of the action feature. Humbug!)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2005, 12:55 AM »
Dressel - if you are into customizing, do what I did (or send me the parts and I'll do it for you).

Get the Agen Kolar figure, pop off his head and drill a bit into the neck area and add the Mace Windu head from the Jedi Council Screen Scene.  Then cut the "skirt" a bit -

Only takes about 5 minutes to do, and looks pretty good in my opinion.

:P
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 12:58 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2005, 01:11 AM »
Putting things in perspective, this Mace Windu is certainly better than some of the Mace Windu figures that have been offered in the past.

-The EPISODE I Preview figure is okay, but the robe has nowhere near the volume and weight that it should along with the wrong lightsaber. 

-The EPISODE I basic figure still has the wrong lightsaber as well as that horrendous "Choc-Obi-Wan" style cloak, but it's a good, neutral Mace sans robe.

-The SAGA Deluxe and Basic figures were not up to the challenge.  They had too many action features, nothing approaching neutral poses, poor articulation, and gritted teeth that looked more like he had just come from a set at Hah-Hah's in Cleveland.

-The Clone Wars (movie look) Mace Windu was a valiant attempt, but once again the face was all wrong.

-The Mace Windu from the first Jedi Council Screen Scene is one of the few that can really give the ROTS Mace a run for it's money.  It has good articulation, soft goods and a decent likeness.  But no cloak and no lightsaber.

-ROTS Mace Windu from the Battle Arena is not all that impressive, either.  He's got one leg that's completely preposed, and one that only moves at the hip.  The articulation in the arms is very minimal, and once again he has the gritted teeth.  How difficult is it to make a Mace Windu figure, seriously?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2005, 01:26 AM »
I don't know why they have such a hard time with this.  That's why I'm glad to be a customizer.

Someday they will give us a great version... they really missed the boat with ROTS... they could have made a great version but I guess they figure they can keep pumping out these so-so versions and people will keep buying them... same thing with ROTS Anakin and Obi Wan.

:P

Offline Newman

• Youngling
  • Meow
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2005, 01:28 AM »
I couldn't agree more.  The ROTS Mace Windu is horrible.  I took one look at him and said to myself "Why Hasbro Why?"  If you can make all the other Jedi kick as much ass as they do then why can't you get a decent Mace out? I pray that we will see a new and improved Mace later this year.