Author Topic: What would U buy if there was no SW to buy?  (Read 3422 times)

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
Re: What would U buy if there was no SW to buy?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2005, 09:20 PM »
Pay off debts. Student loans, car, home.

I'd probably have nicer skis, and an extra set of fatties for powder days. And a season pass at a nicer resort.

Newer computers and computer electronics type stuff. Color laser printer, 11x17 duplex. Bleeding edge tech stuff. Home audio for the TV.

All the unfinished projects around the house finished. A new yard. A fence.

Unfortunately, I'd need to not buy Star Wars AND get two additional full time jobs to pull off even a fraction of that list.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline MastaOB1

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2005, 09:36 PM »
I'd most likely be buying more DVD's and such.  Definitely not toys.  I would also have a larger interest in cars.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2005, 09:52 PM »
I would have more Batman and DC comics stuff.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2005, 11:55 AM »
I'd have thousands of extra dollars in my savings account probably... or at least a new car.

I'd probably be the same... a nicer car and less debt/more savings.

Without the PotF2 of the 90s, I never would have gotten into Toy Collecting, I'd probably kept reading DC Comics and maybe picked up some more of the DCD Line, but that's about it I guess...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2005, 01:25 PM »
A freakin' 2nd home.  Actually one of the many muscle cars I have attempted to save up for about 100 times in my life. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2005, 01:41 PM »
Good question.  Like many others, POTF2 and the Episode I lines are what got me back into collecting in the first place, so if they never existed, I kind of doubt I'd be collecting too much of anything.  However, I always did have my vintage figures from my childhood, and there's a chance that I would be working towards a complete collection of that.  On a related note, if just "modern" Star Wars was done or didn't exist, I'd likely devote that collecting time and money to the vintage line, first completing the figures and then working on vehicles/playsets and/or a small carded collection.

If there were no Star Wars at all, I'm guessing we'd just have more in savings, or upgrades on other things (house updates, car, television, computer).  I basically just use "extra" income to fund my collecting, and I don't put it ahead of bills or "needs", so I'd likely just funnel it into savings or elsewhere.  If I continued collecting anything (non-SW), it would likely be the Marvel Legends line and comics, both of which I buy some of now, but I'd probably expand a little bit further.  Oh, and definitely more DVDs.  I pretty much buy the ones I really want now when they come out, but others I kind of space out or ask for as gifts.  I could see the collection expanding a fair amount if I had that extra money to put towards it.

Offline Aaron_D

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2005, 12:34 AM »
Probably nothing collecting-wise.  I'd just put the money into more "real world" types of things, like some nicer furniture, better electronics, and the usual knicknacks like music and movies.  Sounds boring though, so hopefully Star Wars isn't going anywhere anytime soon!