Author Topic: Dave Dorman  (Read 3054 times)

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
Dave Dorman
« on: March 11, 2005, 11:12 AM »
I hope EU is the right topic to put this under; Dave illustrates a lot of comics, books, games, etc. 

Anyway, I work at a TV station, and this morning I was production our morning show.  Dave was our guest, to talk about his career in general and also his appearance at our local film festival next weekend (he designed the poster.  He and his wife were really nice, and he signed a dozen or so comics that I took in with me.  I really love his illustrations, so I just wanted to come on and tell other collectors how nice a person he is. :)

Auriette

When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Dave Dorman
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 09:49 AM »
Funny, you posted this on the same day I picked up my signed/marqued print of 'In the Court of Jabba's the Hutt' from the frame shop.

I love Dorman's work, and I'm excited to see what, if anything, he does for Episode 3... So, Auriette, did he drop any hints about his future with Star Wars? Did he talk about his 'Wasted Lands' project any?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 06:55 PM »
I hope EU is the right topic to put this under; Dave illustrates a lot of comics, books, games, etc.

Moved Dave's thread over here to the Art forum instead, Auriette.  Hopefully that's cool.

I watched Dave Dorman at his booth at C3 for a little while, while he signed people's items, and usually scribbled out a cool little drawing to go with his signature as well.  I've seen him at several conventions now, and he's always just a really great guy, and super accomodating to his fans.

I noticed a couple months ago that he had a new book out with all of his theatrical posters he's illustrated, from SW to Indy to Harry Potter, and everything in between.  Mindboggling how many of those iconic movie posters were actually created by him.  One of the best in the business, for sure.

Cool print there Brad!  We allowed to ask what it ran you?

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 12:38 AM »
Roughly $100, well worth it.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 11:33 AM »
I watched Dave Dorman at his booth at C3 for a little while, while he signed people's items, and usually scribbled out a cool little drawing to go with his signature as well.

Me too. I wa standing on that line several times, wanting to pick up his C3 exclusive print. But at the last minute each time, I jumped off the line, because I really couldn't justify spending the $100 for it  :-\

I'm not saying it's not worth it, because I felt that it was... it was just that I had already spent so much cash, I really couldn't part with another $100 for another art print that's just going to sit under my bed with the other 6 or so Dorman prints that I already have.

:'(