Author Topic: A JediDefender Thanks  (Read 22445 times)

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
A JediDefender Thanks
« on: April 11, 2005, 12:58 AM »
This goes out to all of my friends here at JediDefender. Thanks for making this website and forum what it is today. I was reflecting a few moments ago that Celebration 3 is NEXT week and then Episode 3 NEXT month. Being in this hobby is one of my favorite things that I have and I really need to say thanks for it. I've come across many collectors who don't visit the various sites and I just think how much they are missing out. The online is just as large a part as actually purchasing your collectibles. This all is especially clear with the recent RebelScum bull****. This is a hobby, something extra I do in my life as fun. The same goes for everyone here. Let's keep this fun, now really is not the time to complain and be upset. Be the difference you want to see and keep clear from what you do not agree with.  I don't know what will happen with all of this after Episode 3, but I want to say that since I got into this gig, I have had quite the blast. Since I started my little collection page through now, I've had people stick with me and it has paid off seeing all of us here today. I look forward to meeting many of you at Celebration 3 and wish everyone good luck in the future.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: A JediDefender Thanks
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 01:03 AM »
Beer is on Berry at C3 :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 01:07 AM »
Maybe this would be a good time to start drinking then?

(either way, good speech)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 01:55 AM »
Thank you to Chris and the rest of the staff for having this site for us members.  I was one of your first fourmities at JediChris.net and have enjoy what these site has for sometime.  I ended up going to another site which has now disappered (DSP) and need a third website that I could be a part of and found that I like it here with all of the people who post here.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 11:54 AM »
Thanks Chris, I'm glad to have a respectable place to hang out online, without having to deal with immature members and such. I enjoy this place so much!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 12:28 PM »
***Starts singing the Cheers themesong***

Oh wait...  Sorry. 

Uhm, thanks to you too Chris.  You don't call "last call" on us, and we appreciate that too...  Best time I've spent in the Star Wars hobby online has been working here.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2005, 03:09 PM »
Thank you Chris and to everyone here (staff and regular forum members) for making this the coolest Star Wars site around.  The level of maturity and respect for each other here is something truly unique.

:P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2005, 03:17 PM »
Here, here!  Thanks for the home, boss.   8)

I love JD because this isn't just a site to talk collecting (though we do accel at that), but also, it's a site full of Star Wars fans and collectors that have become close, personal friends with eachother.  I definitely think that's the big difference here at JD.  It's personal, and not just "business".  It's much more fun chatting with your good buddies, than just a bunch of anonymous folks who could care less about you and yours.  A really great community here...  8)

I don't know what will happen with all of this after Episode 3...

I sure as hell ain't goin' anywhere!  ;)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 03:18 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2005, 03:36 PM »
Here, here! Drinks all around!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2005, 03:46 PM »
I'm definitely glad that I joined, and am allowed to contribute, to these forums.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2005, 03:58 PM »
Thanks for a bull****-free place to talk about SW! This has been the best site I've posted on since I got online, seriously. And I really do appreciate the way you let us talk SW, but do it in an adult manner.

Thanks!  ;D
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2005, 06:01 PM »
Total thanks go out to all the members and administrators of this site, you guys have made JD consistantly the best place on the web to just kinda hangout. Very rare. Especially considering the ample amount of people who escaped from the Tech-Level Islands and settled on the web. I am very humbled to be a part of this community.

- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2005, 06:47 PM »
I gotta agree. This is definitely a friendly place to visit and I look forward to (hopefully) meeting some of you guys at C3.

Got Clones?

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2005, 06:51 PM »
Is Chris buttering everyone up just to let us know we are going to get some spam in our mail.   ;)

I appreciate this site because it very accepting even though my hangout maybe across the street. Most of the time I feel like Norm(from cheers) everytime I walk through the preverbial door over here. This is a great site run very well by a great host of staff it's a pleasure posting over here.

Don't I win a prize for being nice for that long.  It's way out of my range of character.  

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2005, 07:00 PM »
Hopefully I'll get the chance to meet you all in person and thank you for all the great trades and well wishes throughout the few years I've been here.  The first round is on me at Hooter's (if you're there early enough ;) ).

Beth