Author Topic: Classic board games thread  (Read 4020 times)

Offline bamaker

• Youngling
  • Hey, look at this...
    • View Profile
Re: Classic board games thread
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2008, 12:42 PM »

I briefly had that game as a child.  Don't remember if I got it for a birthday or Christmas.  But, I think I had it for about a month before my mom stepped on it and broke the fins and plastic clips that held the lower jaw in place.  Dad couldn't fix it and threw it out.  I kept the skeleton pieces, and held on to the skull well into my college years.  I bet if I hunt through the boxes in my parents' garage I could still find the skull.

I had a Dark Tower set, too.  Now it sits abandoned in one of our junk closets.  The tower doesn't work, the circuit thingie is all corroded and the tower just spins & spins & spins.  I went on a Dark Tower website back in the early days of the internet (1997-98) and tried to see if anyone was selling the circuit thingies, but no luck.  I'm only missing two or three little tabs to hold the board together and the box is beat to hell.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2008, 01:45 PM »
My family are big Muppets fans. We found this game at a thirft store for 50cents. It was complete and really fun.

From the box:

ACT 1
It's showtime! And Muppet-mania has broken loose on stage. Our playful performers scurry about, bobbing stage left, weaving stage right, in a frantic, frenzied race to the footlights.

ACT 2
Muppets, Muppets everywhere! And you can move them all. You control the chaos, with a little "frog-imagination" from Kermit. Using his script and double spinner, direct the Muppets and their sets to their proper positions for curtain call.

FINALE
If you get your Muppets there first, the applause belongs to you.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2008, 01:09 PM »
I think this is the Haunted House game you mean. It was originally called Witch Witch. Then it was changed to Ghost Castle.

Yeah, that was it. The UK edition was called Haunted house when Denys Fisher put it out over there. Ones of these day's I'll have to take a pic of all the games we've been picking up. Recent additions are a vintage booby trap game and a TMNT game. I can't think of what it is offhand, I'm sure there were a few different games made.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 03:59 PM by darth punkinhed »
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2008, 05:10 PM »

this game was really fun - i loved it as a kid. lots of marbles involved, and Pac Man action figures.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2008, 12:18 AM »
The best board game ever is without question this one...

I don't think any others compare

Ahh, Risk. A very good game, just above Stratego. Both are tops.

A couple of board games of my youth are Mouse Trap & Green Ghost.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 2, 2008, 08:50 PM »
Green Ghost looks like fun. I wish I got that Pacman game when I was a kid. It would have been fun to play on my Pacman bedsheets.

Well if there was Pacman board game there had to be a Donkey Kong board game!!

Complete with a plastic monkey!

Mario sure was ugly!

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours