Author Topic: Your Favorite Star Wars Figure Line?  (Read 3399 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Your Favorite Star Wars Figure Line?
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2004, 03:30 PM »
I was digging through some of the back pages here looking for something, and came across this topic (from before I was a member here I think), and thought I'd bring it back up to see some others' (or new) opinions.

For me, vintage always holds a special place because of the nostalgia factor as well.  I am continuing to work towards completing a loose complete set of the vinty figures (I'm quite a ways away), but it is nice to collect something like that that does have a "limit" and I don't have to buy everything when I see it (and not see it again).  Even though sculpting, paint, etc. today is for the most part much better...there's just something about those figures...the way they can interact with ships/playsets, etc.  And some nice normal, non action poses :).

Otherwise, I too was a big fan of the POTJ line.  Lots of great sculpting, figures, and character selection in that line.  I'm also a fan of the Saga line, particularly the recent stuff.  I think pretty much everything that has been released thus far (or that we have seen) aside from re-releases is really well done (outside of the shortish Hoth Trooper maybe).  When this year is said and done, the VOTC will probably be my favorite "modern" line...I can't wait to see more pics of those...and to hopefully add them to my collection.