Author Topic: RE #10 - Depths of Cholganna  (Read 13389 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
RE #10 - Depths of Cholganna
« on: April 12, 2005, 07:54 PM »
Depths of Cholganna

Following the return of Ambassador Tame Heem to the
Republic, Supreme Chancellor Palpatine has ordered an
attack on the Droid Production Plant on the Separatist
held planet of Cholganna.

Although the attack risks stretching the Army of the Republic
dangerously thin, the Senate has agreed with the Chancellor
that a strike must be made immediately to halt the expansion
of the ever growing Separatist Army.

With no Jedi available for the mission, Commander Rykrof
Enloe has been assigned to lead the attack in an attempt
to disable the shield generator protecting the precious
facility…

Finally, Part 10 is completed and up.  Special thanks for FAMINE for hosting yet another story.

Thoughts?  How was this one?  It wasn't meant to be one of those "personal" stories, but more or less a depiction of another of Rykrof's many missions.

:P
« Last Edit: May 23, 2005, 03:22 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Rykrof Part 10 - Depths of Cholganna
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 08:41 PM »
I thought it was good for what it was. I think you should have added more "dangerous" items to the jungle to make it seem more deadly. I also think the Clones should have gotten into a small battle before destroying the generator. But that's just me.

Really good continuation of the series though. :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 08:51 PM »
Thanks for the comments.  I don't want to make Rykrof almost get killed in every episode, or have him in the middle of every battle... that in my opinion would make the series too fake at times... but don't worry, there will be upcoming battles where he is in a lot more danger.

Basically the emphasis on this story was to show one of the many vast facilities that the Separatists control, to finally show the face of Rykrof's wife, and to show a confrontation developing between Grievous and Nute Gunray.

As for dangers in the woods, I was limited with my two Nexus a bit... there will be many more dangers in the woods someday though on Dathomir... whoops, did I just give something away?   ;)

I was going to have a bigger battle on the ground with Rykrof, but I wanted this to be more of a small infiltration unit rather than all hell breaking loose in the woods like on Endor.

There will be some major battles coming up - Rhen Var will be HUGE.  And something surprising will be happening with Rykrof in the near future.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 08:55 PM »
Ah, I see now. I guess I'm used to seeing a big battle in almost each story.  :P Looking forward to the rest of the series. ;D

BTW, which figure did you use for the wife?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 09:00 PM »
I like the big battles too... I guess the only one with a really huge battle was in the CHAOS photonovel... the others have had some action too, but not as big as that one.  I promise I will try to make up for the lack of large military engagements when I make the Rhen Var story.

Alyssa Enloe was pretty easy to make - I used a Rabe body with the head from the new Bombstrike GI JOE figure.  I had been looking for months for a good head to use, and them boom! found this figure at Walmart.  I almost did a dance in the aisle.   :D

Offline Violentfix

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Cobra: The Inner Sanctum
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 09:17 PM »
This is very impressive. it reminds me a lot of the old Robotech episodes, when it comes to the narration.  The sets are also very nice, the Clones looked great in the jungle scenes. 

Very Nice!
For the GI Joe Fans out there, Check out my site:
www.cobratheinnersanctum.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 10:39 PM »
Thanks Violentfix.  I know I'm not very skilled at these, but I am trying my damnedist (sp?) to make them fun and interesting. 

« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 10:40 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 11:24 PM »
Awesome I recognized a lot of these shots from your preview on Rebelscum. I have to ask though did you do a switch on Count Dooku's hands? In one Shot his right hand is closed like the ROTS figure and in the next shot he has an open right hand? Tricky photo shopping??  ;)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2005, 11:47 PM »
Thanks Commander.  Man you have a good detailed eye in catching that Dooku hand... yes, the pic is a trick shot kinda.  It's like a mirror effect.

Looking back at this one I am a bit proud of it.  I think it's the cleanest looking one I've done so far.  Still thought, there's a ton of room for improvement, but I am trying.

The toughest shot for me to do was the Coruscant garage shot with Rykrof, Tylin and Ralbarr.  That took me forever to do in adding in the Republic Walker and the Jedi Starfighter in the background, along with making the walls look a bit Imperial-esque.

The Chancellor's office shot was a b!tch to do as well, as were all of the jungle scenes.  My favorite is seeing the Nexus getting shot.  And the blood on the one.

Well, the shot of the facility getting bombarded wasn't easy either.

All in all, a ton of work went into this one... I hope it was worth it.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2005, 02:10 AM »
Visually, I think this is the best installment so far. The environments, the lighting...all amazing. My favorite shot was a tie between the clones engaging the Nexus, and the clones wading through the jungle river. Were I a rich man, I'd have a back yard that looked just like that river.

Do you have that many SA Clones and battle droids, Chewie, or do you multiply them in your paint program?

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2005, 02:42 AM »
I don't want to make Rykrof almost get killed in every episode, or have him in the middle of every battle... that in my opinion would make the series too fake at times...

GOOD

Remember...this isn't a TV show that panders for ratings to stay strong...THis is your story that needs to be built upon a strong foundation...especially if you're going to make 50 or so like you crave to. :)

Keep doing what you feel like doing...so far it's working out just fine. When you get out of hand, we'll make sure to put you back into your place. ;)

« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 02:43 AM by Jediknight760071 »

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2005, 03:27 AM »
As usual CHEWIE has a wonderful images feast for our eyes and souls. COOL!!!!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2005, 12:35 PM »
Jkno - glad you liked it.

Jediknight760071 - thanks man.  I do want to make the series last a while... every story can't be all overly dramatic or anything; just like you said.

Darth Delicious - thanks... Yeah I do have quite a few of the SA Clones... about 20 of them.  I have about 125 various Battle Droids (not including the EPI version which I hate).  But I did do some photo cloning in that image of the droids with the Geonosian. 

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2005, 08:28 PM »
I have about 12 SA clones, myself.

Another part of this photonovel I really liked: The tension between Nute Gunray and Grievous. I especially liked Grievous calling Nute a "grub."

The visual dictionary describes Grievous as being very sensitive about being called a droid, and that there's an emnity between he and Nute because of just such a comment. Nicely done!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2005, 02:38 PM »
Thanks DD - yeah, the novel Labyrinth of Evil shows a lot of hatred between them.  I thought I would need to start building some tension between them.